• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Yeah, I totally said that in my post.

Totally.

ANYWAY, I respect other people's opinions, Marvel 3 is a silly game and it always will be. I'm still hyped as **** and can't wait to play Ultimate.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Damn, I shouldn't of posted this. All of my OGs are either room banned (lolGates), just don't post here, or quit this game. Whatever idc. Blow me up if you can. :p
Naw, man.

I'm here and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I'm just not going to stop playing the game 'cause of X-Factor. I do genuinely like it outside of the fact.

Smooth Criminal

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=32569974&postcount=1630

NEVER seen that Shuma-Gorath before, but I think it's based after one of his more Cthulu-inspired appearances. I was certain it would be this
He's Quaggoth.

It's gross though haha. I like it.

Naw, man.

I'm here and I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I'm just not going to stop playing the game 'cause of X-Factor. I do genuinely like it outside of the fact.

Smooth Criminal
True. And me neither. Honestly, I hate everything in this game except for my love, Viper. Magneto entertains me too. Haggar provides a quench to my thirst with tears from the saltmines of scrubs.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
>Ranked Match
>Phoenix/Deadpool/X-23
>Opponent is a Mighty Lord using Phoenix/Sentinel/Hulk
>Expect another point Phoenix with decent skill
>Get a braindead Hulk on point instead
>Lose to Dark Phoenix crouching L spam

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

>Search again
>Phoenix/X-23/Sentinel
>Get paired with same guy, using same team
>He uses meter like crazy and kills my team quickly
>Phoenix is the last one standing
>Only have 3 bars
>Level 3 X-Factor
>KILL EVERYTHING

d(ಠ_ಠ)b

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
♥ I am so pumped up for Tuesday, aren't we all excited to
play online the 1st day or perhaps get your hands on a new character? I sure am, my Phoenix is calling me

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
>Ranked Match
>Phoenix/Deadpool/X-23
>Opponent is a Mighty Lord using Phoenix/Sentinel/Hulk
>Expect another point Phoenix with decent skill
>Get a braindead Hulk on point instead
>Lose to Dark Phoenix crouching L spam

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

>Search again
>Phoenix/X-23/Sentinel
>Get paired with same guy, using same team
>He uses meter like crazy and kills my team quickly
>Phoenix is the last one standing
>Only have 3 bars
>Level 3 X-Factor
>KILL EVERYTHING

d(ಠ_ಠ)b
I'm guessin you got your early copy, huh?

Good **** to you. I'm broke. So I'm not even getting it day one..

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Tuesday's gonna be pretty boss. My grandma went out to buy food and brought me back a new controller instead, so I'm pretty much set for Ultimate's release.

Time to start spamming that super with Nemesis where he keeps swinging his arms like he ain't even mad.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
You know, since I got this controller, using Jill seems a LOT easier. Contemplating on working on an all Resident Evil team now, and not just to be silly. rofl.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
SHEVAAAAA.

And no, I'm actually practicing him right now. Mainly because that Proximity Mine is amazing to follow up after Jill's Fallen Prey. Immediate OTG > Raven Spike to finish off long combos? Aww yeah.

I'll probably focus more on Nemesis for that team though.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Didn't look at it, but it probably involves him using three meters for the crossover combination > snapshot, since his super ends a lot earlier than most hypers in the game. lol.

If not, I'll have to take a look at it since Frank looks fun as ****. Dat Dante technicality.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Frank has a marvel zombies related ending Im so happy :> such a big fan of that comic series. Make's me more happier to be able to main him :3.

D

Deleted member

As a fighting game noob, I'm wondering if my preorder of UMvC3 was a good idea. Before it comes out, any tips for getting into the game?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Start with Mission Mode, then experiment in Training or Arcade to make your own combos. After that, go to tournaments or play online. Don't do either until you have an idea of what you're doing.

TL?

Smash Ace
Actually, I don't think mission mode is very helpful to new players. The missions are made for challenge or to give some ideas for better combos. Most of those combos aren't very realistic in a match or are really inefficient. I have maybe 20 missions completed in vanilla, I just don't like doing combos that I know are silly and know I won't use. Maybe try 1-6s just for the basics.

My advice is just start with the basic LMHS, MMHS, otg super, and then figure out the good extended combos for each of your characters. Don't worry, most character's bnbs aren't too hard (some are actually very easy lol).

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I meant utilizing it to just get a feel for doing the special moves and some extremely basic combos. Not the most efficient, but something to give you an idea of how a character's moves work.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Mission mode is terrible for new players. I have MvC3 and I still don't know how to cancel, so I hit brick walls pretty early in that mode.

:phone:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Sounds like some scrub talk to me. Maybe you should try adapting and learning new mechanics instead of crying and just worshipping old games. Both players have x factor and both players can block. You might think x factor heavily favors the losing player untill you realize wolverine on point makes incredible use of x factor 1, so much so that people use it quite often instead of saving up a level 3.
Scrub talk? The times I've played MvC3 I abused the **** out of X-Factor. That doesn't mean I like it. Yeah, both players have X-Factor, that doesn't mean it's a good mechanic. Hell, even if X-Factor didn't get better the fewer characters you had left, it'd still be a ******** mechanic to me. MvC2 had amazing fast-paced gameplay without such a mechanic.
I'm not trying to convince you to play umvc3, most people on these boards aren't interested in mahvel, but the difference is they don't bring their hilarious P:M smug elitism in here just to try to diss a game we like.
...what? Hilarious P:M smug elitism? I was browsing Light House and figured I'd post my thoughts on Capcom's latest Fighting Game adventures, then you jump on me mentioning Project M (which I haven't mentioned in the Light House yet... cuz there are forums for smash and this isn't one of them).
If this thread is specifically for people that like MvC3, rather than just about MvC3, then by all means I'll leave. But I don't see "Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (People That Like It Only)" in the thread title.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I liked Mission mode. If I wanted to learn a new character I'd do their mission mode first to learn how they work and then implement other combos such as team combos, combos done by other players, and come up with my own combos.

Also, my first main team for UMVC3 is probably going to be

PW/RR/Chris (Chris is actually point but isn't until PW goes into Turnabout and tags out)

Nemmy/Chris/RR

Thats just what I'm starting with, the one character I'm 100% sure will always be on my team is Chris.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Just saw Isedelica's Vergil combos. Those shouldn't be too hard to learn for me.
Vergil's looking better and better each time.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Try Chris, Hawkeye, RR but not in that order. :3

Minato try Zero, Vergil, Dante or Strider.

I really, really want to be good with dante this time around since him and frank are gonna be bff's

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Try Chris, Hawkeye, RR but not in that order. :3

Minato try Zero, Vergil, Dante or Strider.

I really, really want to be good with dante this time around since him and frank are gonna be bff's
I'm probably dropping Dante from any main teams now. Basically I'm shuffling the idea of Zero and Vergil being partnered up with either Doom, Storm, or Sentinel. I'm really considering Storm. The only problem is not having a really good assist like Doom's or Sent's.

I'm still thinking up a really good team for Strider right now though.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I think when I get the game I'll start with Nova/Nemesis/Super Skrull.

It'll probably be terrible, but idc.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
So can someone explain to me why Frank and Dante are BFF's?

Is it because jam session holds them in place long enough to do 2 snapshots or something?

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
It's because the camera levels you up based on the number of hits of the combo. Dante's million dollars lasts so long that if you team super to end a combo frank west will finish first and you can land a camera at the end which can instantly get you to max level.

Also, that shopping cart assist is looking like the new akuma. I can't wait to test it out.

Top Bottom