• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
That's an exaggeration. Highest she can do is 4,243,800 over 106 hits with level 3 X-Factor. I've tested it myself.

Phoenix needs considerably more set-up time and is a much higher risk than Wright for various reasons. Phoenix has 375,000 to balance out her power, which has been nerfed considerably in Ultimate. Wright has 950,000 and has a chance of drawing the correct pieces of evidence within ten seconds. That's Turnabout touch of death and practically unstoppable momentum from the start if the player isn't stupid. Point being that Wright can be a walking death machine whenever he wants. Phoenix needs to be the last one standing to be used to her full potential.

Call it hypocritical, but I think there's something wrong there.
Just saying that You're barely scratching the surface with Dark Phoenix.

And that's my ****ty back-up video.
And I know I remember a Dark Phoenix pulling way, way over 10 million damage.

Phoenix Wright still is still a joke character outside of turnabout mode.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Are you guys seriously complaining about PW's design? I actually like it since it reminds me of team building like for MvC2 Strider.
Just strategy revolving around the point character basically.

I think he'll be good, but you're definitely going to have to put a team together that'll help him gather evidence (like Trish/PW/Doom or PW/Ammy/Doom). I can't see him more cheap than Dark Phoenix at all, but he definitely seems like a good character.

At least regular Wright doesn't look like he could shut out most of the cast like Phoenix could in Vanilla in matchups.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Characters HP
Nemesis 1150
Frank West 1050
Ghost Rider 1050
Ironfist 975
Phoenix Wright 975
Hawkeye 900
Nova 875
Firebrand 875
Vergil 850
Strange 850
Strider 750
Rocket Racoon 750 Fixed and just in

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
[COLLAPSE="System Notes"]System notes:
- XFactor is still strong, but (and this was not tested extensively so we can be wrong) we think xfactor lvl3 was nerfed the most. The difference from lvl1 to lvl2 and lvl3 didn’t seem to be has much as in vanilla. We weren’t getting full kill combos with lvl3 as easily as before, that’s for sure, but lvl1 and lvl2 didn’t seem to be much different from vanilla.
- You can Xfactor in the air after using a crossover counter, this opens up ridiculous possibilities and I think it has a lot of potential.
- You can cancel blockstun in the air with xfactor. This works just like on the ground. Imagine blocking wolverine’s dive kick in the air > air xfactor > punish. It works easily and you can even air grab them.
- TAC countering didn’t seem to be react-able. We were both using the down direction (we talked about it), and I was just trying to react to the new color that shows up and I wasn’t able to counter it even once. I knew which direction to counter, tried just to react to the color and still couldn’t. Maybe my reactions suck a lot but I don’t think you can use the colors to counter TACs.
- Legendary raw tags are still overhead.
- we left the new “hold S to auto super jump” ON just to see how it feels and honestly it’s very bad. The worst part was with characters with double or triple jump, where I did S, hold it by mistake and when I pressed UP as usual to follow them, I would already be in the air due to the S hold, and the game would register my input as the double jump, messing up my combo. This was obviously my fault but when you’re not used to it, it can really mess you up. Also, using this makes it impossible to do stuff like delayed super jumps and neutral super jumps. The auto jump always goes up-towards and leaves the floor immediately after launching them.
- The “switched order” of the portraits at the top of the screen really messes you up at first. The order from top to bottom is Assist2-Point-Assist1, in the chaos of the game, if you look at that to check the order of your assists, it can really mess you up. This is easily avoided if you memorize your team order obviously but still, it’s bothersome.
- when selecting a stage, the random stage option is the default one.
- black-costume characters on black-shaded stages is still a problem. It gets really confusing at times.
- menus and options are exactly the same as before as we all kown by now. Didn’t test online features.
Rocket Racoon:
Overall impressions: we think he is going to be very good, he can effectively keep away, and also put the pressure up when up close using rocket skates. He is not very fast except when using rockets skates but that move is so good that I don’t see a problem with his mobility. Damage is not very good but he has so many tools to dish out damage and chip that he will have no problem taking people down. Using assists he will probably control the screen easily.
- Assists: Log, Claymore and double shot. All assists are the same as the attacks used on point. Which means: claymore does not otg, explodes on contact with opponent. Log is good but I think not as good as people might think, the wallbounce is great but I was having trouble catching people with it. The double shot is mostly meh
- Burrow mechanics: The input is down down + attack. L version is a teleport that puts RR directly in front of his opponent. M version is the same but puts RR behind the opponent . H version is where it gets crazy. When you do the motion and press H, if you hold it, RR stays underground (up to 4~5 real seconds) and you can move left and right. It’s not very fast and you can see where he is at all times, also it is very punishable on “exit”. The crazy part is that you can cancel anytime he is underground to a hyper, even lvl3. He is completely invulnerable while underground. Cancelling underground to the spring hyper seemed safe.
- Rockets skates is very good. Input is Attack+S (L,M or H didn’t seem to make a difference). Can use only one when airborne but several grounded, which means he can rocket around characters with ease (it doesn’t go through characters). Creates good mixups and is very hard to react to, if he has time to mix people up with rocket skates, they will get opened up for sure. Can even fake crossup with rocket skates behind the opponents head, and then back down to their feet where he was before. Can follow with normals for easy overheads and combo. Usable 8-way in the air but only 1 time as I said. It’s amazingly good both to create pressure when up close and to escape quickly from tough situations. You can cancel normals to rocket skates, which is crazy good.
- Traps, input is qcb+attack. L is claymore, M is boulder trap, a rock crashes down on opponent when they touch the trap. H is net trap, opponent is trapped for about 2 real seconds. All traps can be jumped over and are somewhat easy to avoid. It is possible to jump into them and block them. This goes for the spring hyper too. All special versions of the traps disappear when RR is hit. The spring hyper stays on screen even if RR is hit.
- Spring hyper is called Mad Hopper. has combo potential, stays on screen even if RR is hit. Can be easily jumped over and does around 230K damage by itself. Several can be placed on screen at the same time bouncing the opponent in different directions.
- objects specials: dp+attack. L version is the oil bomb, can be ignited with all of RR’s shots/lasers. Oil puddle stays on screen if RR is hit, ignited oil does not. M version is the bear trap, has good range, seemed unsafe, can’t tell for sure. H version is the log swing, has wallbounce, it doesn’t take up as much screen as one might think but it’s very hard to react to it so you have to know it’s coming to avoid it. Not sure but can probably be crouched under by everyone.
- gun shots, done with qcf+attack, shoots one ball, can be followed with another shot by pressing another button. The button pressed changes the next shot’s direction (think Hulk’s gamma charge variations) can be used to control the screen but is a little too slow to be enough by itself to keep someone out. I was playing around with this and full screen I was able to shoot two straight shots, and do immediate burrow teleport to create a safe left right mixup covered by the shots.
- cr.h is a gun shot that goes angled up full screen, hits the top of Nemesis Head from full screen away, can be canceled. at mid/close-distance can be comboed into bear trap for an easy hit-confirm into hyper.
- Forward + H is a dash Hit that can be canceled to S ( L M H towards+H S works) (think Arthur).
- His LvL3 appears to be instant. we were trying to block after the super flash and it still hit. We tried Burrow cancelling underground to lvl3 and from what we saw it still is instant which means that if RR goes underground with 3 levels the opponents is risking a lot if he doesn’t keep blocking. This needs further testing but we think it works this way. I can see people laming it out just going underground, moving away, and just repeating this until the opponent stops blocking and eats a lvl3. Don’t take this for granted though.
- His Hover can be used like Storm’s to do instant overheads. Hover can be canceled to rocket skates. Hover, burrow and rocket skates will be his main mobility tools. In case I haven’t mentioned it yet, burrow and rocket skates are really gdlk moves when used correctly.
- Color 6 is a cammo suit.
Frank West
Overall impression: he will have a lot of problems getting to the higher levels, which is when he becomes a better character. He is mostly bad up until reaching lvl3. His mobility is also awful until he has the lvl3 roll. Damage isn’t really good even when leveled up, which makes me think we missed “something” when playing him. He felt really low tier when we played but I’m sure we missed something.
- Level system: Getting to lvl3 is possible in one extended combo but to get to lvl4 and then 5 takes incredibly longer. He will definately need to drink before combos or start a combo with a character with better hit count and then TAC to West to end the combo with photo. We are not exactly sure but the “experience” gained with the camera seems to be directly related to the combo hit count. Getting to lvl5 took ridiculously long. We were about to give up when it happened. Damage is the same in lvl5, range is extended, all normals seem better in range and priority but the damage didn’t really change. We didn’t explore lvl5 due to time constraints, but even in the command list, we couldn’t find any additional moves or hypers exclusive to lvl5. He didn’t seem so recover health either in lvl5. Basically we didn’t really find anything awesome with his lvl5 which I’m sure exists and will make us look stupid when it is revealed the input for taking a photo is qcf + S
- Drinking is tricky. You drink (with down down S I think) and he gets a boost to his camera which gives him around 3 times more exp in each shot. The problem is that drinking causes you to vomit, and from all the tests we did, vomiting always happens after a set period of time. Around 10 real seconds we guess. You can’t drink multiple times, and when the fixed period of times passes, West just throws up. We tried doing nothing or doing combos and nothing seemed to change the vomit process. It can’t be canceled to anything, not even xfactor. It takes really long for him to vomit so you can’t really protect him before-hand with assists. Our guess right now is that if you vomit, you will most definately eat a combo. Forget about reaching lvl4 and 5 without drinking so we will have to figure out an answer to this vomiting problem. After vomiting you can drink again which repeats the whole process.
- Damage output seems to be on the low side, and we didn’t notice any difference on higher levels. He doesn’t really has anything to open people up until lvl3 when he gets the CvS2 roll which is very good when used with assists. His overhead is slow and to get to the higher levels you will have to open people up which will be hard. He can somewhat control the screen with zombies and projectiles (towards+H, changes with lvls but even at higher lvls didn’t seem very effective) but fast characters
will get in on him easily and he can’t really get people off him when he needs to.
- Servbot hyper works a lot like She-hulk’s tornado, didn’t really test invincibility. Did not test follow-ups either but we didn’t really notice it was possible. The multi-weapon hyper has a lot of invincibility and changes according to lvl when used.
- Assists: Drinking, gives 30% meter, his lvl when this is used does not change the amount of meter gained (did not test invincibility). shopping cart assist does not otg, but hits multiple times and carries across the screen, good to get space with keepaway characters. the melee assist (think golf club multi-hit attack seen in videos) pulls the opponent closer. The weapon used in this assist and the pull-in are increased with his lvl.
- weapons specials are qcf+attack. L version is the broom multi-poke, M is the baseball bat (wall bounce), and H is a slow axe overhead. L and M versions of this special change with his lvl. The H version stayed the same throughout.
- has a roundhouse special at higher levels, don’t remember the input. L is a fake kick, M is a forward hit, and H is an otg that we couldn’t follow with anything except hypers. The knee drop is down+H but we couldn’t find any follow-ups to it.
- charge back + towards and attack is the walking zombie that locks them in place. The swinging zombie throw seemed good but wasn’t really tested. We can’t remember the input for this but if I had to guess I’d say it’s qcb+attack. zombies don’t seem to change with levels.
- Color 6 is the Chris Redfield zebra outfit.[/COLLAPSE]

Other stuff if you guys are interested Frank has a level 5? Oh boy.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Baaah just read it. xD
awww man. Reading up on frank kinda dissapoints me. Hes a gimmick character, but unlike phoenix wright he actually has to get in and attack the opponent to get better.

I wonder if you start a combo with a diffrent character THEN switch to him to finish if the hits will carry over. In that case he'd probably do pretty well with someone like viewtiful joe on point.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'm happy about the lvl 3 x-factor nerf, I love marvel but it really was ridiculous at times. I like lvl 1 and 2 x-factor but lvl 3 is just too crazy.

Could PW's finger in turnabout mode be an instant overhead? Surely it is.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I have a connection with GameStop's Plymouth area manager, so I might be able to snag my copy on Tuesday. I already have the game paid off in full.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Light House tourney update

Alright, so not too many people registered for MvC3 in the Light House Tourney area. With Ultimate's release coming so soon, I decided to just switch it over to Ultimate. I'm shooting for November 19th which is on a Saturday. It's not much time after UMvC3 is released, but I feel that it's better to have begin the tourney that weekend rather than over Thanksgiving. I'd rather not postpone it even further to December if I can help it.

Here's the thread to the tourney and like always, info is on the first post while announcements are on the second.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313571

Hopefully more people decide to sign up this time so we can get something going.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Holy ****, Wong's Akuma jump-over-tempest was the slickest thing I've ever seen.

Also, if it's Ultimate, I won't be able to join in because more than likely I won't be able to get the game so early.

:c

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
No problem. I've actually got like...2 gigs of Canada Cup stuff that I'm going to be uploading on the channel throughout the month. There's some other MVC3 stuff for sure, but majority's AE, so keep posted.

Top Bottom