• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
That haggar player fell for the same cross under like 5 out of 5 times -_____________- /mediocre MSS

That's a cool team though, has a lot of pretty cool stuff.

Unrelatedly... hype for ultimate guide tomorrow?!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man. that GF was sooooo epic. that comeback was just as epic as his cyclops comeback from evo before.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Really surprised at no Black and Red Alt for Rocket Raccoon, but this one was a pleasant surprise

I was expecting that for DLC. That mean's either his fugly classic look is DLC, or less likely but more awesome, THIS

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Lolz this game is fun. Ghost rider is stupidly gay. Mashable supers are pretty okay to the gameplay. Though level 3 mashable are stupid.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
They have two in Plymouth, one at Shops at Five and one at Colony Place. The one at the Independence Mall in Kingston is less than five minutes from the one at Colony Place. I mean, come on. I live in a "town" that spans eight exits on the highway. The only thing we don't have is an arcade.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
My mother used to work with the woman who manages the GameStops in Plymouth, Kingston, and Mashpee. Going to see if I can use that to my advantage when I go to Colony Place tomorrow.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
http://www.twitch.tv/iplaywinner

Ultimate Norcal Vs Cacpcom, has the full build of the game.

Someone did something great with PW, They DHC'd into Maya Hyper, found all three good evidence and swapped out. Then, the next combo they got, then aerial exchanged to hit with OBJECTION so he could power up.

However, it seems that if PW DOESN'T get all good evidence before maya shield + assist run out, people can get in and open him up like it's nothing.

Also, once the Turnabout theme starts, it won't stop until PW dies, even if you swap out and a character dies.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Also Phoenix Wright's assist is invulnerable in Turnabout mode LOL.

I'm thinking the best characters are Doom, Vergil, Phoenix Wright, Strider, Storm, Strange, and Mags.
Not in that particular order of course, but I think those are going to be the best over the others.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Also Phoenix Wright's assist is invulnerable in Turnabout mode LOL.

I'm thinking the best characters are Doom, Vergil, Phoenix Wright, Strider, Storm, Strange, and Mags.
Not in that particular order of course, but I think those are going to be the best over the others.
According to Seth:

Invincible the whole way through
Does the most chip out of every assist
Wallbounces (Press the witness only I'm assuming)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
IMO I will never play MvC3 or Ultimate or SSFIVAE2012 because the game rewards losing player.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
use x-factor use another bullets then DHC into dante bullets then DHC into sentinel swarm

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Norcal Vs. Capcom was the final/finished build, right? I made a bet with my friend that the new HUD will be the final HUD in the finished build of the game. If I'm right, he owes me a Subway sandvich. :glare:

TL?

Smash Ace
IMO I will never play MvC3 or Ultimate or SSFIVAE2012 because the game rewards losing player.
Sounds like some scrub talk to me. Maybe you should try adapting and learning new mechanics instead of crying and just worshipping old games. Both players have x factor and both players can block. You might think x factor heavily favors the losing player untill you realize wolverine on point makes incredible use of x factor 1, so much so that people use it quite often instead of saving up a level 3.

I'm not trying to convince you to play umvc3, most people on these boards aren't interested in mahvel, but the difference is they don't bring their hilarious P:M smug elitism in here just to try to diss a game we like. So yeah, we don't care that you specifically aren't going to play umvc3. Go troll some other boards. :)

Savon

Smash Ace
I was thinking what you just posted when I first read what he posted, but you put it into an amazing green post

:phone:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
It's okay to not want to play mvc3 because of XF, it's a stupid mechanic that could use a lot more thought.

Though I doubt anyone would avoid mvc3 because of XF alone, there's more to dislike than just that.

There are more fighting games out there than just Capcom stuff right now, so if someone dislikes a major part of the game then they should try some of the games that need more love instead of wasting time with what Capcom has put out. :/

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Sounds like some scrub talk to me. Maybe you should try adapting and learning new mechanics instead of crying and just worshipping old games. Both players have x factor and both players can block. You might think x factor heavily favors the losing player untill you realize wolverine on point makes incredible use of x factor 1, so much so that people use it quite often instead of saving up a level 3.

I'm not trying to convince you to play umvc3, most people on these boards aren't interested in mahvel, but the difference is they don't bring their hilarious P:M smug elitism in here just to try to diss a game we like. So yeah, we don't care that you specifically aren't going to play umvc3. Go troll some other boards. :)
Go to a tourney. You'll quickly get out of this "We both have XF herp" state of thought.

Point-blank, XF is THE WORST ****ing mechanic I have EVER come across. And don't hit me with that "adapt" ****. I play more fgs than you know of. I've adapted. And my brain adaption tells me that there's no intelligent catch to it, it's just an extremely powerful comeback mechanic that completely goes against fighting game fundamentals themselves. What happened to if YOU read your opponent multiple times and YOU dominate your opponent mentally YOU should win? Why should I get a free *** lvl 3 XF comeback? Hell, you don't even have to make reads in that mode. Just throw out highs-lows, hitconfirm into 5 hit TOD combo, and do it two more times. I hope you have unnatural reflexes to block lvl3 XF D.Pheonix's side switch, high-low mix-up game. Oh? You somehow have that power? CHIPCHIPCHIPCHIP.

ACTIVATE YOUR OWN XF. Then it's just battle of the ******, facerollers looking for a hitconfirm.

I swear man.. I thought I was the kid here..

edit: Damn, I shouldn't of posted this. All of my OGs are either room banned (lolGates), just don't post here, or quit this game. Whatever idc. Blow me up if you can. :p

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Real talk twist.

I like the potential of this game, I like some ideas behind this game and I can tolerate it, but X-Factor is the indisputable thorn in the side that drags this game down.

TL?

Smash Ace
X factor is very imbalanced. I agree with this. But it is not an instant win an entire set for the worse player button that everyone tries to make it out to be. Keep in mind the focus of my post was paragraph 2. :p

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
X factor is very imbalanced. I agree with this. But it is not an instant win an entire set for the worse player button that everyone tries to make it out to be. Keep in mind the focus of my post was paragraph 2. :p
I never said it was, but it is a VERY influential factor (see what I did thar), I would say 1/5 matches are one from XF, not the player. 1/3 with DP. But hey I'm just puling these stats outta my ***. It's still a ******** mechanic made for bad players. Comebacks are soooooo boring in this game thanks to XF. I just hate this piece of **** XF with all of my being.

And I also don't agree with SB comin in here saying that. It was pointless. It would just cause ****.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
The only attitude towards X-Factor that I hate is, "Herp derp activate level 3 X-Factor and I win" I mean, besides DP, and MAYBE Wesker, it's not going to blow you up every single time, and if it does, then there IS something wrong.

ESPECIALLY if you can "read your opponent multiple times" and "dominate your opponent mentally"

I think more tourneys should do what the Curly Mustache tourney did, and make matches best of five instead of three, it's not like matches take a long time.

Edit: Yeah basically what Etwist posted. :V

All I want to say is, I play Marvel and have fun playing it, whether X-Factor is balanced or not. (it isn't for the most part)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The only attitude towards X-Factor that I hate is, "Herp derp activate level 3 X-Factor and I win" I mean, besides DP, and MAYBE Wesker, it's not going to blow you up every single time, and if it does, then there IS something wrong.

ESPECIALLY if you can "read your opponent multiple times" and "dominate your opponent mentally"
So you're saying XF helps FG fundamentals? Pffffttttttttttt hahahahaha. No.

The fact is I just don't like being killed for making ONE mistake IN MARVEL. You're not gonna block all of those mix-ups yo. Idc who you are. You're gonna get hit. And you're gonna die. This is why combofiend always comes back. He abuses the **** outta that tactic. I still love em. But I gotta say he makes XF look so annoying.

Maybe it's because I've played previous Marvel games. Probably.

Edit: btw I'm very open to change of thought. If you see something wrong with what I'm saying, blow me up. I learn better that way.

Top Bottom