• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Yeah, the best idea would be to get him into that mode (it's called turnabout, right?) then raw tag or whatever tag to get him on anchor so you can have lvl3 XF lolderpfinger.
I was just speaking from the sense of killing his *** altogether. Lmao.

But, yeah. Ya'll have a good point there.

Smooth Criminal

Vlade

Social Outcast
she was not nerfed very much

she was given a new move and her slide distance was decreased. her main super also lunges forward for a bigger hitbox now.
She-hulk's "buffs" aren't really actual buffs. The new move sucks and probably has no uses (someone should prove me wrong on this) because it's laggy on startup and laggy on cooldown. The fact that Emerald Cannon lunges her forward hardly matters now either since I don't think I've ever seen it whiff after the torpedo, which is what the super is always used after, so that "buff" didn't really help her at all. Now the airdash she had in earlier builds, THAT was a buff and would've made up for her decreased slide range.

I don't think PW will be good but I could very well be proven otherwise. As a fan of the Ace Attorney series I was very excited for him to be in the game, but there are some things about him which I just can't stand like the enormous cooldown on his normals and his lack of mixup potential. He has a standing overhead but it looks slow and extremely hard to connect a combo after from what I've seen - I think you need to be in the corner AND have an assist, so it's quite situational. His success will depend on how easy it is to get into turnabout mode, but why bother going through all the trouble when you'll have characters that are already good (though maybe not as good as the finger) without having to find evidence and hit with an objection?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*holds up his index finger.*

Actually, She-Hulk's new move can be comboed after the fact. The timing is just extremely tight. It is still kinda poopy on the whole, though, I won't disagree there. Not worth sacking a wallbounce to start off a limited combo from that move.

I'm trying to think of set-ups involving that spring Hyper with Rocket Raccoon...

Mebbe resets?

Smooth Criminal

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
GRAAAAH

**** YOU

/hulk

Anyway, Phoenix's Fingers do 130k each and are supposedly mega safe, so it's safe to bet that turnabout PW will be pretty ****in' good.

Regular Wright on the other hand... :urg:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
GRAAAAH

**** YOU

/hulk

Anyway, Phoenix's Fingers do 130k each and are supposedly mega safe, so it's safe to bet that turnabout PW will be pretty ****in' good.

Regular Wright on the other hand... :urg:
They can hit six times before the hit stun decays enough for you to fall out of the combo. That's 780,000 damage. With a 600,000 level 3. He can touch of death most of the cast without X-Factor. And you people think 900,000 health is fine.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Rocket Raccoon 750k
Strider 750k
Vergil 850k
Firebrand 850k
Dr. Strange 850k
Hawkeye 900k
Nova 900k
Phoenix Wright 950k
Ghost Rider 1,000k
Iron Fist 1,000k
Frank West 1,000k
Nemesis 1,150k
Estimated health

So I have 2,950,000 for my team awesome :D
Nemesis assists all day!

I swear the Nemesis/Sentinel combos are gonna be sweet.Ghost rider has too much health me thinks.

Phoenix Wright too.

Rocket Raccoon and Strider look a bit low.

How legit are those numbers?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Nemesis assists all day!

I swear the Nemesis/Sentinel combos are gonna be sweet.Ghost rider has too much health me thinks.

Phoenix Wright too.

Rocket Raccoon and Strider look a bit low.

How legit are those numbers?
Strider has low health because he has speed and mixups out the ***. Have you seen his second jump? It's ****ing shallower than a puddle on the sidewalk!

RR must be insane to have such low health, but we'll have to wait. He's tiny, moves around really quickly, and has a bunch of projectiles and traps, I'm sure the low health won't hold him back too much.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm glad frank has so much health. I thought for a second it'd be way to hard to level up without getting destroyed first. Buuuuut since he gains more health as he levels up he might be on of the most durable members of the cast~!

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They can hit six times before the hit stun decays enough for you to fall out of the combo. That's 780,000 damage. With a 600,000 level 3. He can touch of death most of the cast without X-Factor. And you people think 900,000 health is fine.
Dark Phoenix can do 25,000,000 Damage in a single combo.

Both need to be set up time to work.

Hypocrite, much?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
That's an exaggeration. Highest she can do is 4,243,800 over 106 hits with level 3 X-Factor. I've tested it myself.

Phoenix needs considerably more set-up time and is a much higher risk than Wright for various reasons. Phoenix has 375,000 to balance out her power, which has been nerfed considerably in Ultimate. Wright has 950,000 and has a chance of drawing the correct pieces of evidence within ten seconds. That's Turnabout touch of death and practically unstoppable momentum from the start if the player isn't stupid. Point being that Wright can be a walking death machine whenever he wants. Phoenix needs to be the last one standing to be used to her full potential.

Call it hypocritical, but I think there's something wrong there.

Pikaville

I agree with Serris.

Someone can just crap out 3 correct pieces of evidence in seconds then go god mode on everybodys ***.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
This is punctuated by Wright having a move that grants him protection from projectiles. He has great defense and unparalleled offense in Turnabout mode. No drawbacks other than the evidence gathering, which is entirely based on luck. I'll be blunt, if Phoenix's design in vanilla was bad, Wright's in Ultimate is far worse.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
This is punctuated by Wright having a move that grants him protection from projectiles. He has great defense and unparalleled offense in Turnabout mode. No drawbacks other than the evidence gathering, which is entirely based on luck. I'll be blunt, if Phoenix's design in vanilla was bad, Wright's in Ultimate is far worse.
*scratches his nose.* You're forgetting about the fact that he has to land the "OBJECTION!" move in the first place in order to get into Turnabout mode. Recall Twists, Vlade and myself mentioning that Phoenix's normals, all of them, have ****ty range/priority. Plus his mobility is balls. His specials aren't so hot, either. Presenting the Evidence is a decent zoning tool, but it's dependent on what you draw for evidence. His paper-sheaf flinging special is decent, but if it isn't in Turnabout mode, it's balls and it can be punched through by just about any projectile out there. While "OBJECTION!" has some range on it, it's still very limited.

(All of that info was taken from Maximillian's "Assist Me!" series, btw.)

I'm not saying it isn't easy for him to gather the evidence that he needs, but it's not going to be as easy as HERP DERP TURNABOUT and that's the end of it all. PW needs something to get him in there: Dumb luck, good assists, et cetera.

I don't think that shield of Maya's is going to hold up well. It doesn't look as powerful (or as flexible) as MODOK's barrier.

*shrugs.*

I think PW is balanced right. We'll see.

Smooth Criminal

Pikaville

I wonder if you can DHC HSF from Nemesis' hyper hyper.

That jump bit he does might allow it.

Then again PS is probably a better choice because it's a guaranteed hit and combos into Sphere Flame really well.

Aerial photon array knocks people down into other hypers from the air too.

Works with PS and HSF in vanilla.

Should work with Nemesis.

Ugh, I want this game nooooooowwwwwwwww!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
what's the craziest thing you guys can think of now that we have aerial x factor?
Surviving Dormammu's Fireball Super + Xfactor Fireball Super when coming in after a downed character.:)

Savon

Smash Ace
At least the fireball thing will be a good way to force somebody to burn their x-factor early depending on the character

:phone:

L__

Smash Master
I can't imagine why not since xf is supposed to reset you to a a neutral position

right?

I'm excited and a little worried about the new possibilities

but I'm not really a fan of xf

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
They should just turn Xfactor into a cancel move, either have one for each character on a team or have it cost two meters or so.

It would be a much better game disign.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Kind of...?

Even still, PW is going to need assists to help keep people out with this move up. Not like certain characters can't teleport behind or close to Phoenix.

It becomes a guessing game at that point, though. You gotta throw your assist out to try and counter his, and THEN get in there.

Smooth Criminal

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well, Maya is so good, the only thing bad about her is, she cries ;-; other then that the name Phoenix means they're gonna be broken as ****.

So I figured out where Frank's theme came from after play Dead Rising again. It's vs Adam the Clown. So, Ghost Rider, Phoenix Wright, and Frank are gonna be so amazing

I'll put Ghost to either Heartless Spire (OTG), or Chain of Rebuttal Which wall bounces so I can land an Objection.

Top Bottom