• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
You guys don't know about sentinel's crouching M mixup, real talk.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sentinel (the poster) called sentinel the second most predictable character... why are you still arguing as if hes saying otherwise?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Also, I'm pretty sure Sentinel (the poster) called sentinel the second most predictable character... why are you still arguing as if hes saying otherwise?
Because of this:

But like 1 mistake or opening I get and it's 1 million health and downwards dead.
As Yars said, it's pretty much the same damn thing with the top tiers of this game only they have better mixup options and resets. I also pointed out that Sent's a big target and is prone to getting the stuffing knocked out of him due to "easier" (I use that term loosely 'cause it's Marvel) hitconfirms and cross-ups.

>_> That's all. Not denying that Sent can't put a big hurting on people, it's just...he's not that great when you stack him up against everybody else.

I don't think anybody can honestly say for sure how he's going to fare against RR or anything like that, but if I had to make an educated guess based off of what I've seen, I'd say that Sent's in for an uphill battle when it comes to this little ****head. RR has a lot going for him. Traps, invincible teleports, decent projectiles, extremely high mobility, size...

So, yeah. o.O

Smooth Criminal

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I just felt like you guys are misinterpreting what he's saying due to the context/tone. Yes he said stuff about RR... at the same time, it isn't like he was saying Sentinel was anything but the 2nd most predictable character (that's pretty ****ing bad). Idk, it didn't really make sense to me, w/e.

Sentinel is cool, more people should learn to play him correctly, he's ***

mood4food77

Smash Hero
even if you do play him right, he's still bad

he's too big, so he's susceptible to instant overheads

the only things that make him better than the hulk are his hyper armor launcher (it takes 3 hits) and the fact he can fly

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm debating whether or not I should base my team around She-Hulk or Rocket Raccoon. Maybe I'll create two different teams, but I still wanna have Tron on one of my teams.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
If you're going to put Tron on a team, I'd say pair her with She-Hulk, if only because Rocket Raccoon's log trap assist seems like it overwhelms all of hers, in terms of utility. She also lost some of her combo capabilities with her Ultimate nerfs. Besides, She-Hulk's somersault kick assist could help Tron control the air, which is something she isn't that great at now that her aerial heavy attack has been nerfed.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Uh, I think any move that can OTG will hit RR out of his burrow. Hopefully.. Would suck if he where underground and them stalking fire's where just chilling on top of him LOL

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Besides, She-Hulk's somersault kick assist could help Tron control the air, which is something she isn't that great at now that her aerial heavy attack has been nerfed.
I'm sad how the current Tron is. She didn't deserve so many nerfs on point. She did deserve the assist nerf, imo.
If I could have it my way, I would've had them replace the flame assist back for MvC2's projectile assist just for fun.
Uh, I think any move that can OTG will hit RR out of his burrow. Hopefully.. Would suck if he where underground and them stalking fire's where just chilling on top of him LOL
Well, Hsien-Ko couldn't do anything in that trailer. It looks like he's invincible during that time. I sure hope not though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You can combo out of Bandit Boulder, right? If so, then not having She-Hulk's OTG assist shouldn't be a problem. Now comes for the anchor. Hawkeye?

And maybe for the RR team, Rigby/Ironfist/Vergil or something to that effect. I need to get a feel for these characters.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
remember though in every trailer they show the new characters fight first, one goes into a combo and does a Team aeriel Combo, then finishes it, the new character beats up that character then either tags out or fight the other new character for a bit. ETC

Basically they want them to look good

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
even if you do play him right, he's still bad

he's too big, so he's susceptible to instant overheads

the only things that make him better than the hulk are his hyper armor launcher (it takes 3 hits) and the fact he can fly
Well, and the fact that he has a good wavedash, better normals on the ground and in the air, better solo combos, among other things. I said sentinel is *** in my last post, im not saying he's good, and saying "he's still bad" is just redundant. I hardly think he's comparable to hulk...

EDIT: MORE IMPORTANTLY, THERE'S A CHANCE I CAN PLAY ULTIMATE TODAY =D =D =D

mood4food77

Smash Hero
really shouldn't compare them, outside of being big, hard hitters with hyper armor moves, they have nothing in common, so i'll stop there

i hope nemesis doesn't suck as much as the vids are showing, because he seems like he wants to be a big, bulky zoner but he looks too slow to actually pull it off

why did they make iron fist's launcher suck ***?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm still waiting to see that same thing happen to Dark Phoenix at the next EVO.

Payback's a *****.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You can combo out of Bandit Boulder, right? If so, then not having She-Hulk's OTG assist shouldn't be a problem. Now comes for the anchor. Hawkeye?

And maybe for the RR team, Rigby/Ironfist/Vergil or something to that effect. I need to get a feel for these characters.
Hawkeye needs assists. He's really slow too. He's not gonna be a good anchor. From what I've heard he's best second cause of that dumb super and his assist.

If I had to pick a team for you it would be She-Hulk/Hawkeye/RR.

She-Hulks good on point, period. Plus Hawkeyes rain of arrows assist or whatever would help her get in. Log trap would too. Hawkeye's just good on 2nd. RR seems like he's gonna be a great anchor cause he doesn't need assists to be effective. Esp with all of the self OTGs.

imo

why did they make iron fist's launcher suck ***?
It makes em unique. :troll:

TAKE THAT (Take this).

Why did they do that? lol

Vlade

Social Outcast
She-Hulks good on point, period.l
Hmmm I dunno about She-Hulk being good on point in Ultimate, those nerfs were a little over the top I reckon - now that her slide's been nerfed her best tool for hitting people pressing buttons is not going to be as potent, plus she can't chain 2A so she's not going to be able to bait and punish pushblocks as well as before. I think these tools are really gonna hurt her in Ultimate, but let's hope not too much since I personally don't think she needed to be nerfed to extent which she was.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I didn't think she needed to be nerfed at all! .-.
She hulk was perfectly fine the way she was before. Shes a bait and punish character, so why are they taking away her tools to bait and punish?

Yea shes tricky, but shes not game breaking so. Besides.....she-hulk players are fun to watch and play against. :> Im gonna be mega bummed if they get wiped out.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
she was not nerfed very much

she was given a new move and her slide distance was decreased. her main super also lunges forward for a bigger hitbox now.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
her slide had to be nerfed, i don't really care for the cr. A nerf, that's whatever

her slide covered a lot of ground (it was like...2/3s a screen or something, probably not but it felt like it), made her hurtbox similar to ammy's, punished anything, went underneath beams, dealt a good amount of damage, it was just a really dumb move

while yea she was balanced but she shouldn't have a move that was that OP'd

but nothing pissed me off as much as derper slash (why did this have invincibility while cap's cartwheel didn't, it's faster, does an attack, can be super cancelled to make it safe, auto 50-50's, leads into a crapton of damage, seriously capcom...what were you thinking with this move)

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I didn't think she needed to be nerfed at all! .-.
She hulk was perfectly fine the way she was before. Shes a bait and punish character, so why are they taking away her tools to bait and punish?

Yea shes tricky, but shes not game breaking so. Besides.....she-hulk players are fun to watch and play against. :> Im gonna be mega bummed if they get wiped out.
The top players that play She-hulk have apparently said they plan to play someone else.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm surprised no one's talking about the hyper armor on her run. Starting to wonder if it'd be all that useful in this kind of game.

Savon

Smash Ace
She-Hulks "buffs" are either nerfs in disguise or are useless. Her running move is used more in combos so the hyper armor does not mean much. The biggest issue I have is that her new move looks too slow to be useful, and most of all it uses up her precious wall bounces. Without a wallbounce her level 1 hyper is rendered useless. Because of a change in how moves knock back even her running cancel relaunches will be harder, if not impossible to do outside of the corner.

I understand the nerfing of her slide to a degree, but overall her nerfs break down what made her good. Besides the slide I thought she was totally balanced and needed NO changes. Her reset game is good, but by no means is it good to a point to where you needed to nerf her other characteristics. Not to mention the system changes to the game as a whole do not benefit her much. A more zoning oriented game only hurts her, she does not benefit from air x-factor the way characters with air-ok supers do, and she already needed assists to help her get in. Keeping in mind that was WITH her crazy *** slide.

They are ruining the only MVC3 character that I played from day one until now.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think She-Hulks gonna be fine. I just think she's harder to play execusion-wise now.

She'll be aight with the right team. This is just imo though.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Rocket Raccoon 750k
Strider 750k
Vergil 850k
Firebrand 850k
Dr. Strange 850k
Hawkeye 900k
Nova 900k
Phoenix Wright 950k
Ghost Rider 1,000k
Iron Fist 1,000k
Frank West 1,000k
Nemesis 1,150k
Estimated health

So I have 2,950,000 for my team awesome :D

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Strider has as much health as a raccoon....
pffff...
PFFFFFFFFFFFT

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ooooh...man. Pfffffft

BAHHHAAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAAA~!
Ok.. Done. :3

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
PW seems horrible outside of that finger bull****.
I was gonna say...

Have ya'll seen the range on his normals? And his mobility in general?

Kinda balls.

Still, I wouldn't wanna **** with a PW that has all of his ****. I don't think he's going to be snap-worthy like that other Phoenix, but I wouldn't want him to survive either.

Smooth Criminal

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
IMO only on-point PW makes sense since he doesn't require meter to get started, and he needs a bit of time to build himself up. so no snapping will be necessary

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah, the best idea would be to get him into that mode (it's called turnabout, right?) then raw tag or whatever tag to get him on anchor so you can have lvl3 XF lolderpfinger.

Top Bottom