• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
MODOK is the clear answer sir.

And lol at RR being gimmicky.

No.
Well then, since you seemije an expert, how do you consider both Wright and Racoon in that game? I feel Wright is "High Risk, High Reward" but am unsure about Racoon, just going from what I've heard, not seen lol.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Wellll... PW is a gimmick character. If you can get into that finger-your-******* to death mode you're straight. So high risk high reward sounds kinda like his style but not necessarily. We'll know as soon as we see how easy it is to get the evidence in matches.

RR is just a mobile zoner that's fragile as hell. Just zone, mix up, and run away and you're good.

He looks hard to play which I likeeeeeee.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
PW seems more about luck then anything, since there is the chance you can pull all good evidence in one marvel second.

Still, the damage on finger lasers are ridiculous...130k...

Doom would be jealous if he wasn't buffed.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
I was planning on running a Wright/RR/??? and after watching him, it solidifies my choice.

The question is...Who to use last...Hmmmmmm
Spencer?

Or are you going to abandon him for ANOTHER new character?

I plan to use only RR and Ghost for serious. Like Spiderman / RR/ Morrigan or some **** like that. Everyone else besides PW and FW can go **** themselves.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hmm, I'm still debating who I'll use besides Haggar.

Any suggestions?

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I'm running multiple teams.

Spencer will always be played on point in one at least.

The PW team is already gonna be a side team. Current plan for my main team is Spencer/Nova/Nemesis or Spencer/Nemesis/Nova, not sure what order yet...

Hmm, I'm still debating who I'll use besides Haggar.

Any suggestions?
Not Haggar?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
haggar assist will only be good for zoning characters, and i mean pure zoning

so basically, use arthur/haggar/RR to be really friggen annoying

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
People don't like using Haggar? Communists! :p

Thanks for the help though. ;)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
it's not that we dislike using haggar, he's just really bad on point (even more so in ultimate) and the characters he works well with are usually better off with a beam assist, viper is a prime example

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Sorry I was just poking fun. I know Haggar has problems. ;)

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i tried using a viper/haggar/ammy team and it was okay

switched haggar for doom and it was godlike, the amount of options you get from the beam helped her out so much, and doom/ammyis a better combo than haggar/ammy and if ammy gets switched in early, doom is a better anchor than haggar

and..haggar got nerfed on point in ultimate (why capcom...whyyyy)

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
"That's for letting them mess up Raccoon City you ******?"

I'm assuming ****** isn't that much of a swear word over there? Wonder if that'll increase the age rating or if they'll remove that line over here.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Oh God. I don't know who my team is anymore.

Like, Deadpool/Dorm/Rocket Raccoon (Team DDR :troll: )...? Or Ghost Rider/Dorm/PW (Team Devil's Advocate starring Nic Cage and Keanu Reeves)? Or, even still, Doctor Strange/Dorm/Shumaeffnoj/kFrank West (Team Paranormal Activity)?

Gahhjhhhhhjjjgwjerd!!!11!!

Smooth Criminal

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I want to use Shuma, but he got like no decent buffs, get hit by the meter build reduction, and basically sucks compared to 90% of this game.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Def Nicholas Cage.

Edit: Shopping Cart Hyper XFC, ServeBot Hyper, Order in the Court.

I wonder if I get enough hit stun deterioration during a Frank combo to do Pick axe, to Heartless spire assist then use the Servebot helmet as soon as they air tech out

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Heads up on the LH MvC3 tourney

Hey guys, just letting you know, the MvC3 tourney thread is up.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313571

There's not much time for registering, but I'm rushing it since I want to have the tourney done before Ultimate comes out. I could postpone the tournament and just do a UMvC3 one if people prefer things that way. The only thing I'm worried about is not everyone being able to get Ultimate within the first week or something. Post in the thread and let me know so we get a good idea on what to do.

Also, been thinking about Zero/Vergil/Doom (or Sent) more today. I'm curious on how well Rekkoha DHC into Vergil swords (instead of Devil Trigger) and then sj.2C and call Doom's Hidden Missiles and go for some pressure/resets. If it doesn't work well, maybe I'll just DHC into DT. Problem is, I don't think Vergil has any combos that'll ignore hit stun scaling like Dante did, so DHCing into something other than Maximum Vergil would mean me forcing to do a reset. So I'm still trying to weigh the options between which is better, a (hopefully good damaging and ambiguous reset) or just a damaging DHC.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
I think I might have to skip on Vergil and put RR on my team instead! I was hyped to see how RR was going to play, but I got unhyped by the rumor that he had gun "stances". Glad to see he doesn't and that he kicks ***.

The fact that he also has the log as an assist is icing on the cake for me. As of right now my dream team I hope to use come November 15th is Felicia/RR/Taskmaster.
Sorry Tron, but I think RR just took your spot!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not sure what I'm gonna be doing for teams this time around. I wonder how She-Hulk and RR on the same team would be like. I'm just happy that She-Hulk got the hyper armor she needs for her run. Going from Fuerte to her felt like I was missing something very important.

Out of the old cast, I'm gonna look at She-Hulk, Tron, Ammy (Weapon Change in air should be interesting), Jill, Trish, and X-23. From the new cast, there's Vergil, Iron Fist, Phoenix Wright, Hawkeye, Doctor Strange, and Strider.

I like how all the Vanilla characters I'm gonna look at again are all girls and the new ones are all guys (not there were any girls).

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Step 1: See new character
Step 2: Proudly proclaim they are going to be on your team
Step 3: PROFIT!
Step 4: See new character
Step 5: Proudly proclaim they are going to be--wait a second....

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Soooo whoever gets revealed last will be on the most new teams? I for one look forward to our new raccoon overlords. :D
CUTTER

THAT'S YOUR CUE

Really, though, of all the characters shown for this iteration of MvC3 none of them hyped me up more than RR. I really thought he was just going to be this anthropomorphic Cable, and while I would've been cool with that, I don't think it would merit especial consideration on my part. I probably would have placed him on a team as an afterthought rather than as an esteemed highlight.

Capcom really surprised me. RR isn't a retread of an older character. Not by a long shot. Instead, I like to look at him as fresh take on trap characters, such as Testament from GG (too tired to think of others atm). I mean, with all that crap on your screen, you'd think there was a fourth (maybe a fifth) character with assists backing the little ******* up! His high mobility and speed (and I say this confidently, thanks to the Frank West gameplay trailer) adds a whole layer of strategies that you don't really see in other characters. Call an assist, Rocket Skates over somebody in a crude arch to cross them up, set traps when you land for ambiguity's sake or combos or frame traps... The possibilities are there, ripe for the picking!

I think I told L___ the other night in VMs that I wanted something a little more cerebral than rushdown characters in this game. RR, to me, foots the bill nicely and I will gladly throw him on my team of zoners to harass people with.

Oh, and I actually wanna read Guardians of the Galaxy now thanks to RR. Lol.

Smooth Criminal

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wait, Giant.

You were actually serious about Venom and Megaman...?

Where is your source? :o

Smooth Criminal
I suspect we're being trolled?

And if not, and if we somehow did receive the original Venom? Welp. This ain't even about picking the newest character revealed at this point. That's my favorite comic book character. PERIOD.

Zero & Venom would be 100% confirms.

And then possibly Vergil in his red outfit just for Archer shenanigans. lol

[EDIT]

You know, something just occurred to me. If they did Anti-Venom? All they'd have to do is just give him a DLC design change. Much like how Dante got Sparda and etc. Pipe dream? Sure. Why not. lol

Top Bottom