• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I was hyped for RR for the longest time, the fact they kept him for last only added more hype.

Just imagine if the new characters were never leaked... :o
We got all the "NO GENE/MARVEL WOMEN/GAMBIT/MM BUT WE GOT ROCKET RACCOON AND PHOENIX WRIGHT!?!?" **** out of the way first, imagine if that happened now but even worse.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Indeed. The Megaman stuff was the worst, but at the same time, the most fun when it came to trolling.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Again, reminding everyone about the MvC3 LH tourney.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=313571

If we don't get enough people, I'm going to have whoever entered still play their matches. Then I can use it to determine seeding or something for Ultimate when that comes out and we do a tourney.

2nd post has all the announcements, so check there from time to time if you're interested.

Indeed. The Megaman stuff was the worst, but at the same time, the most fun when it came to trolling.
You really don't want the MM fans to get their way, do you? :ohwell:

mood4food77

Smash Hero
frank west actually looks like he'll be a pretty damn good zoner

his camera is going to stop a lot of approaches, especially the air dashers, i thought mid tier at first but i think he'll be high tier

teleporters will give him problems but him with haggar might be a great combo, then add a beam assist and you got a pretty solid zoning team

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
teleporters will give him problems but him with haggar might be a great combo, then add a beam assist and you got a pretty solid zoning team
It's funny but that's what I was planning on doing that for my team after all the suggestions I was given yesterday.

Haggar/FW/Arthur = The manliest team ever.

One is the major of Earth.
One has covered wars.
One is manly enought to fight in his underwear.

:cool:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I have decided that I am only ever playing Heroes and Heralds online. Phoenix with super armor, projectile invincibility, and X-Factor burst.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
if i can get hulk with dash cancellable normals, i'm going to make the opponents life a living hell

scratch that, hulk with flight and an air dash is what i want

mood4food77

Smash Hero
he can set up like 5 traps at one time

his log trap thing is a full screen wall bounce that is stupidly fast

he has a hyper specifically designed to extend combos (it also OTGs, meaning it will increase his damage output quite a bit)

he's got a teleport and an air dash

he's the smallest character in the game so a lot of combos will not work on him cause he's so damn small (he's as tall as ammy but without the width)

he can zone but can easily GTFO when he wants

from the looks of things, he could be broken

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I'll be training up my Frank Ghost and Phoenix Wright. Though I can already visualize what assist's and DHC's they'll be able to use too bad... they got rid of the dhc glitch frank's servbot would've been amazingly useful for other than just an Anti Air hyper

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
my strategy in marvel was to be as safe as possible and not get mixed up too much (i hate crossups and stuff like that. my defense is pretty good, but i still hate em)

so i love invincible assists. since tron is gone, and i think haggar is boring, i use hsien ko. some day i might change to iron fist first, but when i started mvc3 i tried hsien ko first just so i can use the first meter to go gold, and i wanna try and see if it's viable again this time around. i'll be using hidden missiles or iron fist's GODLIKE DRAGON KICK ASSIST to make sure of that.

i still like going in balls deep so after i get hsien ko assist, i wanna use cool, dirty rushdown characters and i think iron fist is the one for me. switching from vanilla x-23 will be cool, since they have comparable wavedashes. aka amazing ones.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Actually no I think he is the most predictable character after maybe Hulk.

But like 1 mistake or opening I get and it's 1 million health and downwards dead.
You do realize it's the same thing for Sent, right...? And hell, he's so freaking big that he's especially prone to being hitconfirmed so it could be argued that it's easier.

Smooth Criminal

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
I'm going to base my team around iron fist(because i love captain falcon) and when the game drops I'm going to hit the lab with phoenix wright and rocket raccoon and see if they fit my playstyle
so far I really want vergil to be great but from what I've seen he isn't as good as dante and devil trigger doesn't give him any special moves(am I wrong?)

is anyone else laughing at the fact that Seth K had to come out and tell the MM fans that the new stage that hints at MM being put in the game is just a troll from capcom?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
so far I really want vergil to be great but from what I've seen he isn't as good as dante and devil trigger doesn't give him any special moves(am I wrong?)
I actually think he's looking pretty strong. And no, DT doesn't give him access to any new specials as far as I know. Just buffed versions of existing specials along with an air dash (and access to level 3).
is anyone else laughing at the fact that Seth K had to come out and tell the MM fans that the new stage that hints at MM being put in the game is just a troll from capcom?
Well, Seth only answered them because interviewers asked him.
What I find amusing is that he's already answered this a few times and news sites still post it as new news.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Nova is gonna be great, but i wish there was a way to choose to give up your red health for more damage or buffing his special moves
its not worth it most of the time.
I'm thinking Strange and RR would make a good trap team with some sort of good assist or tanky assist to fight the opponent off

Top Bottom