• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
So they can sell it for $35? :urg:
i know right?
thanks to putting 5 dollars down on a pre order i'm paying 35 bucks
if i waited for a used copy and didn't preorder I'd get a used copy with no dlc costume pack, no guarentee it won't have issues, and I'd be late on the game anyway
I'd rather put 5 bucks down on it and save up 35 for a new copy even if i'm not the hugest fan of the game
its still fun to play with friends who know how to play the game

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
how come?
A lot of things don't make sense. Like, I understand they wanted to nerf dante's anti-air abilities but like... it makes pretty logical sense that you should be able to do a standard L-->M-->H-->S... right? Nope. As soon as you do the standing medium they pop out. Also, dante/magneto's air H actually pushes them back. Like... in a way that doesn't particularly make sense. You hit them with a move and it looks like some magical external force pushes them back.

There's just a lot of stuff that feels really off, and its not just cuz I'm so used to vanilla. Another example is how airdashing works in general; in vanilla there were some characters with special dash animations that made it weird to do a move out of it. A good example is comparing viper/iron man's down-forward air dash to her down airdash. If you airdash straight down you can instantly do an air normal; if you do a down-forward airdash not only do you have to wait a bit, but you also have to let go of the dash buttons as quickly as possible. This makes it really hard/near impossible to consistently tridash L with a lot of characters on pad (at least not with any decent speed).

As a pad player, that really bothered me. Also, I wouldn't mind if it was universal or something... but no, of course its not. Doom can airdash into anything he goddamn wants to, but magneto/storm/other characters can't. (I guess most of them never could, but usually it's due to an actual dash animation like the wind around storm when she dashes. The animation implies that type of dash, but the animation isn't there for magneto so I don't understand why it's like that).

Also, they did some random stuff that was hard to convey. For example, if you look at the list of trish's buffs/nerfs it seems like she actually got nerfed kinda hard with the lack of multiple traps in the air etc. The only real buff that was listed was that her super OTGs now. What I haven't seen anyone talk about is how her speed/hitboxes have changed. She's a lot more fluid in the air, and overall faster. Her hitboxes also seem improved to some extent. The fluid thing is part of an overall feeling that some characters either have, or don't. For example, dante feels a bit more floaty and doesn't flow nearly as well as he did in vanilla. Trish on the other hand is *ridiculous* in that sense; she just glides through the air so smoothly and can do whatever she wants and it doesn't feel or look awkward at all.

Idk it's hard to say exactly, but a lot of things in the game just didn't feel right.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Spencer is capable of 1,000,000 damage combos without assists. Wesker's level 1 has a base damage of 312,000 and can be pushed up to 400,000.

BALANCE.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I don't get it. Wesker got two slight nerfs and a large buff to offset it. If Capcom thinks nerfing his horizontal gunshot is going to make him any less good, they're sorely mistaken. Jill, Shuma-Gorath, Hsien-Ko, and Haggar got nothing useful. At least Chun-Li can OTG and has a fully invincible charge move now.

And I'll be using her on point in Ultimate, nerfs be damned. I didn't OCV three ranked teams today for nothing.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It's not even that the X-Men aren't the best characters, it's that everyone who was good before is either as good or even better now, and everyone that wasn't up to par the first time around is still noticeably lagging behind or has gotten even worse. For example, I'll never understand why Capcom thought buffing Zero was a good idea when he's already capable of some absolutely ridiculous bull****, all while Morrigan gets one new move and has her defense gutted.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Zero never got to show half of his stuff, he'd die in one hit, Morrigan has extremely advance technology, however people don't use it as they either prefer a better character or a better team. I've seen what Morrigan is capable of, which is stupidly good lol. Morrigan got more than just one new move. lol

now if you wanna talk about *** characters

Hsien-Ko
Thor
Arthur (Not an anchor)
Viewtiful Joe

Atlus8

Smash Master
Yeah, Capcom messed up big on some balance changes, but I'm still very interested in seeing how players are gonna adapt to the changes! No DHC glitch, hitstun deterioration, air X-Factor, no blocking while air dashing!

Not picking up this game on day one, but I'll pick it in a couple of months since it might turn out better than I think!

TL?

Smash Ace
Zero never got to show half of his stuff, he'd die in one hit, Morrigan has extremely advance technology, however people don't use it as they either prefer a better character or a better team. I've seen what Morrigan is capable of, which is stupidly good lol. Morrigan got more than just one new move. lol

now if you wanna talk about *** characters

Hsien-Ko
Thor
Arthur (Not an anchor)
Viewtiful Joe
Morrigan really wasn't that good(not nearly as bad as arthur though). She just really struggles for damage unless you spend 3+ bars. Yes, I'm aware of the fancier combos that people see in combo videos. The flight cancels make some very tight links, and even those combos do very little compared to what other characters are capable of. She also couldn't get any follow up off her air throws, even with assists.

She might be alright in ultimate though. Faster flight makes her fancy combos more reliable and speeds up her projectile spam. The changelist also says "better frame advantage on all throws" but I don't know the full extent of that change yet. I'm guessing it should allow at least a shadow servant off any throw. If there were enough advantage to call a wesker/deadpool assist, that could be a huge buff.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've always felt that people have been missing something with Hsien-Ko. Like, there's something ******** she can do that Capcom has locked away into the recesses of the character that is waiting to be unleashed.

Arthur on the other hand, is completely obviously utterly ****.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I really want to keep using Hsien-Ko if I can. I did like my old team with her in it. Plus Sentinel backed up with her assist was pretty good in Vanilla. Basically you get easy hit confirms, rushdown pressure for Sent, and good openings for command grabs. With the flight speed buff in Ultimate, that's going to help out a lot.

Strider/Hsien-Ko/Sentinel might be my other team now. Hopefully Legion stays on screen for the DHC, allowing me to hard tag into Sentinel after getting gold armor like Rekkoha did. I'm not sure on how well this team will fare though.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Call me crazy, but as far as anchors go, I think Arthur has just as much going for him as Phoenix does. Level 3 X-Factor with King's Armor is crazy.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wonder how Strider is doing in this game? He was definitely my main back in MvC2.
Pretty good. Damage output is kinda low at the moment but he has a ton of tools. I'd say he's one of the best of the new cast. He's best put at 2nd or 3rd slot of a team. XF Ouroboros pretty much means easy free kill, and his assist is amazing. Hard knockdown (on airborne opponents only) teleport kick that has some start up invincibility frames. This definitely helps out anyone with an OTG like Doom or Wesker.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I wonder how Strider is doing in this game? He was definitely my main back in MvC2.
Strider is turning out much better than I thought! Even though his Ouroboros is a level 3, it still looks like it can be a huge threat! I think his Ouroboros is the best answer to Phoenix since she can't get in on him AND Ouroboros would out zone her fire thingies!

TL?

Smash Ace
Call me crazy, but as far as anchors go, I think Arthur has just as much going for him as Phoenix does. Level 3 X-Factor with King's Armor is crazy.
Ok, let's say you have x factor gold arthur. I use my x factor to negate chip. Arthur's armor breaks and I get a free combo on a character with 800k health that is now taking 30% extra damage. :bee:

Top Bottom