• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
All of the DLC costumes are, however, already on the disc just waiting to be unlocked

Of course they are.

On the plus side I can make cool "this is my team!" pics. Any news on additional character files?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i was able to play ultimate for a bit on saturday

getting a happy birthday on strider is SOOOOOO devastating hahahaha. my team is still really good, and very much improved. dropped tron for doom. loving it.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I actually think they're going to be really good on a team in Ultimate. Plus that Vajra assist seems way helpful for Doom, imo.
That dive kick assist is soooooooooooooo good...tracking-teleport-dive kick-hard knockdowns... wtf capcom -.-

It's really funny to do a mixup with a wesker teleport while strider is teleporting :3 Nothing's on the screen and then they're getting hit and they get mad

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
As much as i dont wanna anchor Strider for gay XF abuse with Orbs, thats the only way hes gonna work with Frank. Plus that assist is DERPPPP. Teleport tracking derpkick thats hard to punish with a hard knockdown. Lmao you have to chicken block to punish.

:phone:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
GameStop has a midnight release tonight. I'm picking up my pre-order then and coming home early from college to play it. Yessssssss.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
As much as i dont wanna anchor Strider for gay XF abuse with Orbs, thats the only way hes gonna work with Frank. Plus that assist is DERPPPP. Teleport tracking derpkick thats hard to punish with a hard knockdown. Lmao you have to chicken block to punish.

Looking at the guide, you can probably punish Vajra as an assist on reaction since it has longer start up with invincibility frames starting later.

And I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with Sent's flight buff along with a Strider and Hsien-Ko assist.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Looking at the guide, you can probably punish Vajra as an assist on reaction since it has longer start up with invincibility frames starting later.

And I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with Sent's flight buff along with a Strider and Hsien-Ko assist.

Yeah, Fanatiq made a video for his team (Y'know, MSS) and Sent's flying looks waaaaaaaaay better.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I really hope Phoenix didn't lose her start-up invincibility on Phoenix Rage. That's going to hurt against Strider.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Lovin' the avatar, Yars. Retro Spencer ftw.

I don't think Phoenix lost the start-up invincibility on Phoenix Rage, Serris. I may be wrong tho'.

Smooth Criminal

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
slowly learning about the characters as all these vids come out

frank's powerup strats are really good once frank players learn the combos. he has midair plunger loops in lvl 1 which will allow him to level up easily. also those team hyper tricks allow him to get to level 5 easily. pretty great stuff.

strider looks mid/high tier. he really really is similar to his old builds even if he plays differently haha. you just have to be sooo careful to not get hit. also, if he gets happy birthday'd, he dies so fast much like phoenix. it's ridiculous, haha.

i played ultimate on saturday since a friend of mine had a copy, and akuma/haggar assist still feel quite great.

my team of x-23/hsien-ko/doom improved a LOT. x-23 with more hits on the combo due to being able to cancel crescent scythe into talon dive helps me gain 2 meters quickly, which is what i need for dhc into hsien ko.

after getting gold armor i can switch to doom/hsien-ko for keep away, or x-23/hsien ko for rush down.

losing tron assist is gonna force me to play safer, but i've conditioned myself to not rely on it and pick doom over tron in vanilla just for practice. i'm really looking forward to playing my team in this game.

i've seen some of iron fist's rekka styles, and kara cancels... and i realized it's not my style. after getting my hands on him too, i felt that x-23 is still WAAAAY faster than him. IMO still the fastest character in the game. i love her speed and i'm not comfortable playing anything less amazing haha.

i met corimon and she encouraged me to go to more norcal tournys, so you guys might be seeing me on streams in the future. i hope.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfjyyE3mNr0

The final cinematic trailer is amazing. Jill vs Shulk and Joe vs Rocket, oh my.
On the plus side I can make cool "this is my team!" pics.
Can you make a Joe/Shulk/Vergil pic?
GameStop has a midnight release tonight. I'm picking up my pre-order then and coming home early from college to play it. Yessssssss.
My local Gamestop is having a tournament before the midnight release. Hopefully, I can make it though since I have an AJ class at night.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Haggar and Tron assists are still retry good, but with Haggar you need to be smarter then using him to get out of anything.

Torn seems to be more about Servbot and resets now

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just gonna post here to gather my thoughts about my improved team

x-23 / hsien-ko / doom
dropped tron for doom

x-23:
- main change: cancel crescent scythe now cancels into talon dive for new jump loops and higher damage bnb's. very welcome change! she's gonna be loads more viable now as a rush down character since she's no longer outclassed by wolverine.
- after dropping vanilla tron i gotta be more patient now, since my team kinda relies on how i want to use hsien-ko assist. i have to forgo using meter in the beginning unless i get a happy bday or want to kill off their point character after getting the first hit. i need 2 meters to DHC to hsien ko armor, or better yet 3 meters to DHC all the way to doom + hsien ko armor assist
- gonna experiment with doom missiles for dirt nap setups. it's probably the best assist to do so anyway

hsien ko:
- big changes in the two new jump cancelable moves! gotta figure out new jump loops, so i hope there's new stuff in the trials. otherwise i'll just figure them out myself.
- f.M: the frame data of the move was improved, so it should be a decent anti-air now, and i can jump cancel it to be safe or to gain my own momentum. since it's a weapon i bet the hitbox is pretty big! so i bet i can kinda use it like tron's gustaff fire on point, like to stop jump-ins and airdashes.
- f.H: long range diagonal anti-air. i'm betting hsien ko can use this move for much improved corner loops now. also this change is reallllly amazing for defense. vs tall characters i can pretty much throw it out, and if they block it i can jump cancel and immediately shoot a gong, or just go for offense with pendulum.

these jump cancels really do open up a lot of options, even if other un-hsien-ko-educated people think that she got no buffs. these buffs are pretty darn good, esp with air dashes nerfed and zoning strats improved

doom:
- hm not really the best anchor, but this team is more reliant on assist synergy and keeping hsien-ko alive. if i have armor assist, i'd rather have doom out with one of the others as anchor.
- braindead zoning strat vs rushdown characters, or characters w/o meter: hidden missiles. if somebody approaches, they'll be stopped by hsien-ko's armor pendulum. push them away with plasma beam, or plasma beam xx finger lasers
- gotta figure out (or just copy LOL) how to use the supposedly amazing new S
- air dash speed buff is so godlike

Top Bottom