• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
If you're going to spend 30 bucks on 6 DLC characters alone, why not spend the extra ten for 6 MORE? That's a huge discount. People complain about not having a complete game, then say they wouldn't buy all the DLC "just to make a point" or whatever.

DLC Expansions like SSF IV: AE > Expansions like SSF IV, BlazBlue >>>>>>>>>> Mass amounts of individual DLC. It's not even a contest.
People complain right now because they throw out the complaint that mortal kombat isn't doing this
all the dlc characters for MK are pretty cheap and they've just released free patches for the game
but personally I agree with this statement that DLC Expansions like AE are the best approach

Minato

穏やかじゃない
How does them only allowing Shuma as dlc make sense?
Seth said Shuma was left as DLC due to technical reasons. I don't think he means technical as in with the game, but technical as in their deal with Marvel. I'm pretty sure there was a contract involved (along with future DLC characters they've already planned to include).

And then there's the fact that they left them as DLC to probably prevent backlash from people who got them from the LE or bought them.

TL?

Smash Ace
I feel like Jill and Shuma should be standard on umvc3's disc. But I also get the feeling that they're staying as DLC. I don't understand how they will still sell. UMVC3 will be $40 for 48 characters, but for $10 you can have 2 more. These characters were pretty insignificant in mvc3, and it's looking like they'll be even rarer in the new one.

Savon

Smash Ace
They suck and do not interest me. I bet if Wolverine or Sentinel were DLC capcom would be ROLLING in dough. If you are gonna have DLC at least make the DLC good/interesting. Shuma and Jill suck ***. I mean really. It is like they went out of their way to make people not care about them.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i saw someone on shoryuken say that if they increased everyone's health by like 25-30%, it would be more enjoyable

anyone else agree with this?

i'm only posting this cause cause, while it won't happen, i do think it's a good idea and the simplest one to implement as a huge problem with this game is damage output being way too high

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i saw someone on shoryuken say that if they increased everyone's health by like 25-30%, it would be more enjoyable

anyone else agree with this?

i'm only posting this cause cause, while it won't happen, i do think it's a good idea and the simplest one to implement as a huge problem with this game is damage output being way too high
I've only said this about 450 times in this thread..

mood4food77

Smash Hero
sorry i don't want to read every post but i like the idea in general

also jill isn't good

she's hard to use like viper but she suffers from the same problem as chun-li
really technical with ****ty damage output

in the corner, i can do a 866k combo that takes half the tech skill it would to do a 600k with chun-li or a 700k with jill

seriously, viper's ********

why are people complaining about shelling out $40 for another game when we did it for SSFIV?

we're not just getting characters, we're getting a completely revamped game that could almost be considered a new game, yea it may be a little soon but still, it's a good deal

mood4food77

Smash Hero
she's lucky to be b-tier

her tech skill compared to her damage output isn't worth using over other technical characters, let alone she doesn't have great assists to make her worth as anything but on point

she's not terrible, but she's not good

shuma on the other hand is ***, i'm surprised people don't rank him as 3rd worst, he's definitely better than arthur and hsien-ko but his damage output is such ***

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
We need another Lythium rage-post in this mofo.

I'm sick and tired of people talking about UMvC3 as a simple cash-in. Capcom is actually losing money off of this.

Smooth Criminal

mood4food77

Smash Hero
100% would a little too much

adding 25-30% seems fine, i think that makes it so every character would need 3 full combos to be killed off with fatties needing a little more

also, assists take way too much damage, maybe decreasing the amount they took and stuff could help too

except for the current haggar and tron, they should just die from being touched

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
shuma on the other hand is ***, i'm surprised people don't rank him as 3rd worst, he's definitely better than arthur and hsien-ko but his damage output is such ***

Only reason shumas not completely *** tier is for his level 3, and lasor assist. Seriously, getting 400,000 damage free is nothing to scoff at. =p And that lasor covers the entiiiiiiire screen!

But yea, I was bummed when I got him and found out that his damage was crap, AND his combos were reaallllly hard to do if ya want decent damage. :<

mood4food77

Smash Hero
his lvl3 does 350k :)

but his assist is basically the only reason he's not *** tier like arthur and hsien-ko, cause that assist is really godlike

he needs some serious mobility buffs and a slight damage buff, and then just fix his character model cause there's some stupid stuff that doesn't work on him (dormammu's pillar to chaotic flame doesn't always work on him for some reason)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I see shuma as alot like hagger. He's not a character. Hes an assist. =p

SPEAKING OF CHARACTER MODELS BEING FIXED BTW!
FIX STORM!
Oh man, I cannot tell you how much times my amatarasu has been thwarted by storms. When ya get a heavy forward combo on her, she flips on the other side of you midcombo!

The power of the wind I can deal with. The power to slip out of your combos I cannot. ;~;

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i've seen the ammy thing, it happens against the smaller characters for some reason

but shuma's model is straight up dumb, he drops out of combos that work on every other character in teh game

have you seen viper's ex tk on shuma? he just lies down and viper goes past him. it's pretty dumb

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I found something out about shuma's Assist, it tends to glitch a lot (mystic smash) normally an assist coms out next the the point character at random times he's like 1/3rd a screen ahead of the point and does his move.

EDIT: Even if shuma doesn't have a crumple animation you can still attack him on the ground. Like if you used She-hulks QCFL or QCFH, you can still do Cr. H, S, j.h, S, Down H, TAC glitch

mood4food77

Smash Hero
yea, but you know how annoying it is when you fly the full screen past him when using viper's ex knuckle

just fix his model so he is just a small character

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Speaking of...

PTZR: Jill, Chris, Trish.
Jill in the corner, call Chris's Proximity Mine assist for them to OTG when coming back down from the air combo, then Trish's Peekaboo assist before using Jill's super. Something tells me for it to even work, you might have to DHC.

Another way I was thinking; Jill, Wesker, Trish.
Jill in the corner, Wesker's OTG > Double Knee Drop H > standing combo > Cartwheel kick > Trish assist > Jill's super > DHC.

Haven't tested though, but it might work.

EDIT: Or perhaps even something involving Jill's command grab M. HNGGGGG

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
100% would a little too much

adding 25-30% seems fine, i think that makes it so every character would need 3 full combos to be killed off with fatties needing a little more

also, assists take way too much damage, maybe decreasing the amount they took and stuff could help too

except for the current haggar and tron, they should just die from being touched
While this may sound like a quick decent fix in the end you only make Phoenix better then she already is. Considering how quickly meter builds in this game 5 meter would pretty much become the norm for any phoenix matchup.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So has anyone noticed Capcom's missions are significantly harder than Marvels? I swear I'm on 8+ with everyone on Marvel, but soooooo many Capcom people fall to 5~6

To name some:

Jill, Amaterasu, Chun Li[Dear god], Akuma(might could do these, haven't tried much really) just to name a few off the top of my head.

Doing Weapon Change in a combo is soo hard and I don't even know why.

L__

Smash Master
put so much work in mvc3 today

I hope they don't make the combos I'm working on impossible in umvc3 or else I'll be a sad player

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
hahah well as long as you get your execution on point and become aware of the character specific changes, you should be able to adjust well.

Top Bottom