• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
WOW LOL. that is FREE. i had already learned how to counter her air dash using tron.. you just use gustaff fire on reaction. now it'll work every time hahahha.

i'm thinking of using point tron when the game comes out. i might not stick with it, but she was my best character in mvc3

Savon

Smash Ace
I am currently using a team of She-Hulk/Dormammu/Arthur.

She-Hulk has the torpedo assist and the Arthur has daggers, but I am having trouble figuring out what assist to use for dormammu. Dark Hole will catch an opponent once in a while, but the scaling it causes makes it useless for combos. Purification just does not do a lot for she-hulk either.

I have been considering using liberation assist and basically whenever Dormammu is out I charge dark spells whenever i get the chance and fight as normal. I DHC in She-Hulk using stalking flare. The result is that the opponent is naturally going to block stalking flare, which gives she-hulk lots of room to get in a free command grab while they block and start a full combo. The liberation assist will go off of this same principle. The opponent almost has no choice but to block if I call in an assist that suddenly makes it rain meteors. She-Hulk command grabs them in the middle of the confusion.

Any ideas or suggestions for this team idea? Also as a last resort if I do not have any liberation spells charged the normal hit from the liberation assist pops the opponent in the air and sets them up for air grabs or command grabs.

Critiques or suggestions? All are welcome.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I don't have much time to explain but as a Dorm player and with that particular comp, Liberation assist does sound pretty good. You have some pretty good reset options if She Hulk's on point and, as you outlined, Liberation spell charges can apply some serious pressure on the opponent and force them into blocking. This is not only ideal for She Hulk (as she has command grabs) but it's also good for keeping people off of your Arthur (who can just stay back and keep chucking ****).

The only real downside to this is that when an opponent pushblocks Dorm's flaming meteor **** and your She Hulk's running up there while on point they MIGHT be able to shove her back far enough where her attacks are out of range. Some characters may be able to safely teleport of out of (after pushblocking). It's situational, but it's definitely workable.

I'm probably forgetting a lot of **** (my girlfriend's here and yeaaah) but that's just the general gist for Liberation. Dark Hole and Purification are good assists for keeping people out of your face (ESPECIALLY Purification).

Smooth Criminal

_Dice

Smash Ace
I've always charged 3 dark spells whenever using lib assist. since the spinning knockdown and no hitstun scaling make continuing combos amazingly easy, and a full screen assist sets up wayt oo mcuh good ****.

Savon

Smash Ace
Oh, I see.

:denzel:

There's nothing more satisfying than hearing the confused/angered outbursts from your friends when you grab them in mid-air, then sprint into torpedo and do another air grab.
Funny story actually. I just learned how to do air grabs today and I practiced lots of resets using them. I did so many she-hulk grab resets on my friend today he got amazingly pissed off

:phone:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Funny story actually. I just learned how to do air grabs today and I practiced lots of resets using them. I did so many she-hulk grab resets on my friend today he got amazingly pissed off

Actually, I have a similiar story (except that I've been doing air grabs for sometime). Just yesterday, I was going against my friend with my VJoe/She-Hulk/Magneto team vs. his Wesker/Chris/C.Viper team. In one of the matches, I was left with She-Hulk and I XFed all 3 of his characters with grab resets. As soon as one was done, I timed the character coming in with an air grab. With every grab reset, I hear him saying "What the ****" and "That *****". It was hilarious. :troll:

Savon

Smash Ace
Air grab resets into more grabs is just epic. My friend was scared which way to air recover. He put the controller down he was so mad. Im like "DUDE YOU PLAY HULK AND SENTINEL YOU CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT ****".

I just started trolling him yelling HEAVE HOOOOOO

that does not even take into consideration Arthur. Trolololol

I hate online Serris. It made me bad at the game. I have not touched it in months, but one day we will play. We gotta do it before rendered though since I move into my college dorm that day

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
It was just hilariously bad hearing my friend outbursts. "She's cheap" or making some other excuse to complain. Airgrab resets to grabs, grabs and more grabs are just too good. I even joke around saying "Watch out, I'm gonna grab you" when they're on the ground or if She-Hulk's left, I say out loud "She-Hulk can do it".

Savon

Smash Ace
Me too. I always sit and say "Yo bruh you finna get grabbed. YOU FINNA GET GRABBED!!!!......you just got grabbed"

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
It's like the hatemail I used to get from constantly calling in hidden missiles while lasering across screen with Sent.

I only did it to the fools who use the likes of Hulk, Haggar, Tron on point as they can't do **** about it haha.

If they got too close I'd just random HSF to push them back and start again.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Just a few things I'd like to say in response to other posts before here and just posts in general:

Even though it's not an airdash (and has a hitbox) Spencer can't block out of his grapple so I don't really think Ammy should be able to (especially if she already can/will in the future be able to attack out of it)

Doctor Strange still looks really good, haha

I want Nemesis on my team as a second character if only to DHC into his hyper armor super for THE ULTIMATE PUNISH. The problems with this would include the viability of Rocket Raccoon as an Anchor (He IS going to be on my team) and how well Nemesis works on the team. If I can't get it to work, I'm more than likely going to make a seperate team to include Nemesis. (I'm gonna have like 3 teams in this...)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i played x-23/hsien-ko/tron as my main team since day 1 of mvc3. to this day it still does me well but i tend to get bodied by high tier zoning teams. i think i'll be a little more all-around for umvc3 and play better characters (really excited for dr strange and the new doom), but i still am gonna have a team featuring hsien ko haha.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I don't know how the 4 slipped into the 2369, lol. Dat BB style input.

I wanted to play Zero / Tron / Hsienko but my poor Dalkstalkers baby is so bad.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Yeah I'm surprised Nightmare or Black Armour weren't in MvC 3 to begin with. I thought Black Armour was in screenshots but when I actually saw it in game it was just Bass.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I have a dilemma.

You see, I usually play Sentinel on point.

But now that Nemesis is here, I wanna play him on point.

Unless Nemesis has an assist that will help Sent on point more than Sents will help him I think I'll have to use nemesis on point.

But now who do I have as anchor on such a team?

I was thinking Dr Doom with Missiles.

That way I could call them Team Rocket :awesome:

Zero that stick design looks amazing.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Use Nemesis on Point, Since Sent drones assist are faster now. Also, Thanks guys <3. This guy who made the design also makes sticks as well. He's SO GOOD at it. I get jelly

Top Bottom