• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QO13G6ZfNM&feature=related

The GF from Chicago Heart 3. I didn't realize how bad that last match was looking until I rewatched it.

http://www.justin.tv/medina4life/b/292874436

Also if you guys are ever bored us Chicago players on wens run the GGA stream check it out sometimes and give us some support. The last gathering was the special Floe edition.
Phoenix forever spamming that Cr.L

WOW AT SPIDER MAN CAN CONTROL IT. Good **** Brightside

Sexy *** spider man, and that Wesker and Dorm. Your team pretty epic tbh, who would've ever thought they would work together

_Dice

Smash Ace

The GF from Chicago Heart 3. I didn't realize how bad that last match was looking until I rewatched it.

Also if you guys are ever bored us Chicago players on wens run the GGA stream check it out sometimes and give us some support. The last gathering was the special Floe edition.
yeah no offense but you definitely benefitted alot that last match from the ambiguous crossups, three times i counted that game that you hit from dead center and he couldn't block.

xD that being said you are a beast for winning and playing spiderman and setting up those crossups in the first place.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
Goodstuff Bright, pullin' off the legit damage with Spidey and keepin's hoes locked down with Dorm.

After seeing Doctor Strange and Nemesis, I'm really hyped to see everyone else, even Virgil now (Who I keep forgetting is going to be in UMvC3, haha)

In current Mahvel, still rocking Spencer/Sent/Akuma

_Dice

Smash Ace
Hopefully Spiderman keeps the invincibility of the startup of all of his supers.

You should switch Dorm out for Doom cause Doom is SO good with Spiderman. He'll be even better in Ultimate.
in ultimate i'd agree. the chip game with dorm is unmatched until ultimate so keep him here.

also good with spiderman is jill but you have too much work with spiderman to get that arrow kick assist.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
yeah no offense but you definitely benefitted alot that last match from the ambiguous crossups, three times i counted that game that you hit from dead center and he couldn't block.

xD that being said you are a beast for winning and playing spiderman and setting up those crossups in the first place.
honestly probably 50% of the really ambiguous ones I don't purposely set up but rather it just kind of happens.

Hopefully Spiderman keeps the invincibility of the startup of all of his supers.

You should switch Dorm out for Doom cause Doom is SO good with Spiderman. He'll be even better in Ultimate.
I honestly don't think Doom is that good of a partner with spidey. Sure the damage is nice but setting up those ideal combo's is difficult and it doesn't have the added bonus of having that really nice DHC.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
So, I've been playing Online lately after my immense training at my friends house I'm like 47-0 right now. Even vs Phoenix teams. Chris/Dante/Phoenix and Wesker/Task/Wolverine

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Just started to actually want to be competitive in this game..

I understand the basics of magic series, would like to know if there is a video or anything that can help bridge the gap into competitive play or maybe someone can just tell me where to go to start.

SRK Forums were *** I couldn't find anything to helpful.

I can do most of the characters I like simple BnBs but i still feel like I have no idea what to do to actually practice.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord

I understand the basics of magic series, would like to know if there is a video or anything that can help bridge the gap into competitive play or maybe someone can just tell me where to go to start.

I can do most of the characters I like simple BnBs but i still feel like I have no idea what to do to actually practice.
Viscants MvC3 tutorial is very good for helping you get started. Just watch the scenes where he discusses more general gameplay ideas instead of the specifics on his phoenix team.

Also look specifically for video's of characters you are using and observe reset methods, BNB, defensive options, pressure strings, quirks, assists, etc.

The SRK character specific forums are helpful you just have to wade through all the garbage.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

Incredible.

Good show, sir. My Spidey wants to grow up to be like yours.

:phone:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I always pictured you black Brightside.

Nice on the first match coming in with Stalking Flares after dropping Maximum Spider, saving him just for Phoenix.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer

Beginner's Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH2d-7APrWo

And this one once you're more familiar with the game, still pretty beginner though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fMz3sHNv8Q

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I'm beginning to wonder if Blade, Nightcrawler, Megaman, Silver Surfer and Black Panther will be playable characters too. Since Iron Fist, Nemesis, Phoenix Wright, Firebrand, Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange were all mentioned in character endings -- and are now becoming playable.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
In their trailer, they had Shuma and Jill with the letters "DLC" under them. If they really want people to rebuy the same characters twice, I'm sure they'll make more characters as DLC.

inb4 SUPER ULTIMATE MARVEL VS CAPCOM 3.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
You don't have to rebuy them, it's been stated several times now I believe.

Also, I sure hope nobody thinks any game company DOESN'T like to make money.

Also, also, shoutouts to Homestuck

Minato

穏やかじゃない
It's safe to say there's definitely going to be DLC characters. With Niitsuma saying the original plan was to have 58 playable characters, I won't be surprised if those 8 will be DLC. As for the Jill and Shuma thing still being DLC characters, I pretty sure it's because of an agreement with Marvel regarding Shuma.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
If you're going to spend 30 bucks on 6 DLC characters alone, why not spend the extra ten for 6 MORE? That's a huge discount. People complain about not having a complete game, then say they wouldn't buy all the DLC "just to make a point" or whatever.

DLC Expansions like SSF IV: AE > Expansions like SSF IV, UMvC 3. BlazBlue >>>>>>>>>> Mass amounts of individual DLC. It's not even a contest.

Edit: Yeah, people from Marvel working on the game understood why Capcom wanted Shuma-Gorath, but the final decision by Marvel was that he could only be in the game as DLC, which they went for over not having him at all.

Top Bottom