• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL. i used a tron/morrigan/phoenix day 1 team. i knew long clakey style tron combos and spammed morrigan assist. ahhh man.

too bad tron suuuks on point and morrigan assist does nothing. i quickly dropped that team

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
LOL. i used a tron/morrigan/phoenix day 1 team. i knew long clakey style tron combos and spammed morrigan assist. ahhh man.

too bad tron suuuks on point and morrigan assist does nothing. i quickly dropped that team
I run Taskmaster/Morrigan/Tron with tron sometimes on point and you'd be surprised how many people try crouch blocking Tron's j.H and j.S. I've gotten to 5th lord using the tactic of spamming the **** out of those two moves repeatedly without thinking. It's part of the reason why I no longer do ranked.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol. but ah. real people who know how to fight tron tend to block... however H and S catch them when they press buttons, not block low. so still good.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Hey guys. Just came here quick for some advice on my team and what not.

I've been mainly playing Chris (Gunfire)/Ammy(Cold)/Hulk(Gamma Charge) for a while now and I've gotten up to 4th lord and I'm pretty much stuck at that. I've learned that Hulk is a terrible Anchor because now people just run away instead of attack me like idiots before lol. These three are my best characters by far, so like who should be point/assist/anchor on this team?

I've also been running this new team of Chris(Gunfire)/Haggar(Lariat)/Ammy(Cold) and its been working quite nicely. I've heared that Haggar's lariat assist is the best assist for Chris and i'm getting alot more hits in with chris than I used to. It also works as a combo extender after an arieal combo, Cr.H otg into lariat assist, during that I use grenade toss M into Grenade Launcher super to connect the entire thing finishing off with flamethrower. Chris and Haggar build meter mad fast too so alot of times after an arieal combo I do a team super, chris's grenade launcher otg's so that everyones super connects for a ton of damage. The problem is I'm not sure what to do after Chris dies, do I play out with Haggar so I can keep Ammy as an Anchor? Or do I get Haggar out of there and just use level 2 X-Factor Ammy and just hope she doesn't die?
I've also been thinking about using Dorm instead of Ammy because he might be better off as the Anchor. Also I know that Pheonix is a good choice, just tell me something other than that lol.

What are your guys opinions on this?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
Switch ammy and hulk, ammy is not the best anchor in the world but she's definitely better than hulk is

Also, you could use hulk's anti-air assist instead to help Chris, its a pretty damn good assist

:phone:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Hey guys. Just came here quick for some advice on my team and what not.

I've been mainly playing Chris (Gunfire)/Ammy(Cold)/Hulk(Gamma Charge) for a while now and I've gotten up to 4th lord and I'm pretty much stuck at that. I've learned that Hulk is a terrible Anchor because now people just run away instead of attack me like idiots before lol. These three are my best characters by far, so like who should be point/assist/anchor on this team?

I've also been running this new team of Chris(Gunfire)/Haggar(Lariat)/Ammy(Cold) and its been working quite nicely. I've heared that Haggar's lariat assist is the best assist for Chris and i'm getting alot more hits in with chris than I used to. It also works as a combo extender after an arieal combo, Cr.H otg into lariat assist, during that I use grenade toss M into Grenade Launcher super to connect the entire thing finishing off with flamethrower. Chris and Haggar build meter mad fast too so alot of times after an arieal combo I do a team super, chris's grenade launcher otg's so that everyones super connects for a ton of damage. The problem is I'm not sure what to do after Chris dies, do I play out with Haggar so I can keep Ammy as an Anchor? Or do I get Haggar out of there and just use level 2 X-Factor Ammy and just hope she doesn't die?
I've also been thinking about using Dorm instead of Ammy because he might be better off as the Anchor. Also I know that Pheonix is a good choice, just tell me something other than that lol.

What are your guys opinions on this?
There's a guy named Winback in my region plays Chris, Ammy, Haggar Not in that order. Chris is teamign with a person who can help people get off of him, and an assist who can lock people in block stun for chris to deal more chip damage. It's a solid team.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
So wait, we aren't getting any footage of the racoon?

Seriously, no one knows what he can do, I want to know

:phone:

L__

Smash Master
for what team in particular?
well I kinda wanted to shove Spidey into two characters that I really enjoyed playing, but I feel like they'll steal the spotlight—Dante and Magneto

so I figured having Dormammu and Doom backing up Spiderman would be better from what I've heard

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
well I kinda wanted to shove Spidey into two characters that I really enjoyed playing, but I feel like they'll steal the spotlight—Dante and Magneto

so I figured having Dormammu and Doom backing up Spiderman would be better from what I've heard
Spidey/Dorm/Mag and Spidey/Dorm/Dante could have some interesting setups and combo's. You'd just need to be creative with either hyper grav or corridor.

I've been saying this for awhile so take it how you will. As far as Doom goes I don't think his hidden missiles is a good assist for spidey at all. The main benefit of using doom is the theoretical damage output you can have off 1 meter. You can easily hit 1 mil with no DHC and with a DHC like stalking flare you'll be killiing 95% of the cast in 1 hit. The problem with this though is that the setups and combo's are not exactly realistic and you'll likely be using hidden missiles as a means to get in. By doing this not only do your combos get hit hard by the damage scaling but you lose those fancy double web throw setups. Combine this with the fact that the OTG is to slow for air-throw combos and you have an assist that only works in training mode. But this is just me. Honestly if you really wanted Doom Spidey/Doom/xxx would probably be better.

From what I noticed about spidey a lot of the top players have pretty different opinions on what he needs and what he's good at so in the end what you decide might ultimately just suit your playstyle more.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Got my team (Spidey/Ammy/Wesker) figured out. Going to play this a bit(and MK), but playing FFXIV, so it'll be less than usual. Going to platinum this then probably wait for ultimate. Just too much stuff going on :3

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
http://www.complex.com/video-games/...imate-marvel-vs-capcom-3-is-a-beefed-out-mvc3

Was there a character that the majority of people were clamoring for?

[Looks away] Yeah. Megaman.

Ah, true. Is that a sore topic now?

I played so much Megaman I almost dropped out of college. Everyone in our office is a huge fan of Megaman. There's no ill will towards Megaman fans. But, the problem with Megaman and MvC3 is if you take an 8-bit character, you would either have to play him as a 2D sprite in a 3D world, or you have to render him out as some sort of 3D figure.
Wow that's a bad excuse. I mean it really is and I don't even want Mega Man in the game, can't they just give a reasonable explanation as to wh-oh wait

Which would of course piss off some fans.

Yep. On top of that, when we looked at the original cast and what Megaman would do, he's a strictly projectile character and doesn't have the versatility of approaches that even Hawkeye has or Arthur from our side has.

The decision was made that he didn't bring enough to the table to merit a spot. What's good about that is we're able to bring other characters that have their own fan-bases, their own following. Characters like Strider; characters like Nemesis. We're gonna have Virgil coming up; Frank West. You know, other big name characters are gonna be able to get into the game.

But, we know there are plenty of Megaman fans out there. That's why we come to these events, to hear that and communicate that. We definitely understand our fans; we definitely do listen to them. That's one of the most important things to Capcom.
That's more like it and completely true. It's also what I've been saying since Vanilla.

inb4 "but Akuma is in the game!"

Top Bottom