• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA REVIVAL II! Brawl + Melee Tournament (5/23/09) Need more TVs, sign up!

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Azn Lep, if we're ever at the same tourney and wobbling is legal, we need to team and double wobble everybody else.

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Due to some concerns I think we're going to put an additional rule in that all final matches must be played. If the final three/two want to split the money that's up to them, but either way finals have to be played. This isn't going to be a tourney with three people tied for first =/

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
hey
i didn't say i could bring a tv sorry

also, that sucks for top 3 that you guys are taking so much from the total pot by allowing free entrees for setups lol

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Yeah it's not ideal but I did the math before making the rule and I'm pretty sure it'll be worth it. I'm expecting ~10ish people to bring complete setups and hence get the two free events ($10 worth). So that's about $100 total taken out from 4 pots, so the pot for each event will be about $25 smaller because of the setup rule. Which means for the top three for each event: 1st place will get ~$12.5 less, 2nd will get ~$7.5 less, and 3rd will get about $5 less. On the upside, the tournament will go a whole lot faster with 10+ additional setups, and there'll be a lot more time for friendlies.

If something horrible happens and somehow the turnout is so low that $12.5 is a major chunk of each pot, I'll make sure we compensate the pots to make up for the rule =/.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
It already says that, he saw your post on AiB you loserrrrr.
Also, I might have a tv...but its a tiny lcd tv, but theres not much lag when you run brawl in 480p. I might bring it for friendlies, and to get that free entry thing too, yeahhhh.

Also, Junk, did I tell you I need a ride?

Celph

Smash Journeyman
I will be one of those 10 people. I better be, for all the god**** tournaments in a row I do it without getting **** for it.

And my setup is a GC, not a Wii.

- Celph (imagine how pretentious it would be to start sigging my posts, huh? People should give King way more **** for this)

killer tofu

Smash Lord
Alright so if we bring in stuff late taht you wont use we don't get the venue/free entry fee right

but we are free to use those tvs as we wish
and set up w/e games we want

so i can bring a TOFU tv that i can bully people off or whenever i want

right?

Lovage

Smash Hero
i think king's "KING OUT" is supposed to be ironic...if not tho LOL

btw Goober do you have a list of the people who can bring setups? i think i was the first one to post

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Haha ok the 10 people was an estimate, I don't mind going up to 15 really. Lovage, my bad I must've missed your post, I'll go recheck and update accordingly.

@Tofu

As long as there's space for you to set it up (there should be) and you don't do anything that impedes the tourney somehow, I have no problem with you bringing your TV. You might want to bring an extension chord just in case though.

Edit: Lovage I still can't find your post, I'm probably just too lazy lol, should I just put you down for a full setup? Wii or GC?

chesQo

Smash Rookie
If it's not too late, I'll be bringing a TV and a Wii.

Also, can I give my waiver from paying for the entrance to the second event to someone else? He'll still pay the venue fee, of course.

Lovage

Smash Hero
im trying to convince smoke2jointz to come (he lives at ucla) and bring a tv for SSB64 if anyone wants to play with us

Goober

Smash Apprentice
@chesQo - It's not too late, and sure, just make sure to stand next to each other in the line for registration so it doesn't get too confusing for the people handling the entry fees haha.

theZEN

Smash Cadet
ill bring a cube if its not too far.
is san diego TO UCLA far? ive never been to a tourney there. estimated car drive time?

Kira-

Smash Champion
If I come late, can I still sign up for singles? Assuming I get there before singles starts, of course).

MacD

Banned via Administration
so if i work till ike 12-12:30ish then take the hourish drive here, would it be worth it and could i still enter singles, or should i just have a tourny free weekend and be bored and stuff

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
if you two are going late and i need a ride from one of you.
so i am guessing i am going to go late also
or is cameron going (early) or at all?

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, as long as you guys can make it here before singles starts you can sign up for it. We'll probably be taking a lunch break too around 1:00 or 1:30pm. So if you guys can make it here before 2:00 you should be good :)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I'm bringing a full set-up (cube+melee)

-JTB

Top Bottom