• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA REVIVAL II! Brawl + Melee Tournament (5/23/09) Need more TVs, sign up!

Goober

Smash Apprentice
@theZEN

550 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, 90024 is the closest street address to the venue. You'll have to park in one of the lots nearby =/

Edit: ALSO, with the setups from Kira and JTB, I think I'm gonna close setup signups now. Haha we already have 18, and I'm going to get even more from people here at school. Thanks for the help everyone!

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
do NOT close set-up sign ups. You're running melee and brawl man 18 really isn't that many. 9 for melee will be fine but 9 for brawl isn't gonna cut it. especially at a UCLA tournament, you guys get crazy attendance. I say get as many set-ups as you can. Unless you get another 10 or so from people at your school, keep it open.

Goober

Smash Apprentice
I might open them up again, but I'm hoping to get ~5 more from people here. I'm going to leave it closed for now because I don't want to let people sign up now and have to tell them later we don't need their stuff =/

MacD

Banned via Administration
it's better to have too many, you should let them sign up, and in order of those who signed up let them get venue/entry fee free, so that way if they sign up late they might not expect to get free entry, but they can hope and that way you have more then enough TV's

Goober

Smash Apprentice
kk I'm going to leave it open in that case until at least tonight when i get a definite count on the TVs here. Sign up soons!

theZEN

Smash Cadet
@theZEN

550 Westwood Plaza, Los Angeles, 90024 is the closest street address to the venue. You'll have to park in one of the lots nearby =/

Edit: ALSO, with the setups from Kira and JTB, I think I'm gonna close setup signups now. Haha we already have 18, and I'm going to get even more from people here at school. Thanks for the help everyone!
2hrs= too far
:| o well

Goober

Smash Apprentice
I should be able to make this. Sounds good. How many people show up usually?
It depends haha, past UCLAs have been from 70 to all the way to 190 entrants =/. We're probably gonna lose some brawlers to the Quizno tournament this time, but we'll probably have more UCLA students show up (esp. for Brawl) than usual, since we're actually trying to advertise to them this time haha. Please be nice to them and don't take all their moneys via MMs lol.

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Whats the deadline for signups?
i can come but i cant guarantee 10 o clock arrival
Don't worry, we'll definitely keep signups open until at least 10:30, realistically though registration will probably last until at least 11 haha. If you're pretty sure you're going to come just let me know before the tourey and I'll put you in the brackets during registration and try to hold your match until you get here. Can't guarantee how long I'll be able to hold it though =/

LuCKy

Smash Master
so since connors is canceled everyone comin to this?

i wanna play p,lovage,connor and fly in tourney :]

someone rig me a bracket lol

and also am i not alowed to bring a set up for free venue fee?

LuCKy

Smash Master
lol eh i got plans friday and saturday. . . xD maybe ill go saturday night though if i can

Goober

Smash Apprentice
so since connors is canceled everyone comin to this?

i wanna play p,lovage,connor and fly in tourney :]

someone rig me a bracket lol

and also am i not alowed to bring a set up for free venue fee?
My bad I forgot to change the front page when I reopened setup sign-ups. Yea we're still accepting TVs and complete TV + system setups. I don't think there's anymore room for just systems right now though unless I get more TVs from UCLA ppls.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Joey, remember that shinespike on Pokemon Stadium's tree? that's the Connor combo. be afraid.

hopefully I don't play as badly as I did today. getting 2-3 stocked by P's Marth is not legit for me :(

Lovage

Smash Hero
this being the first tourny since the PR i think a lot of people are gonna be more motivated and fierce as ****....im scared god dammit mango why did u rank me so high im gonna get *****

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
can anybody give me a ride to this? Kira? Cameron? P? I'll be paying gas money ofcourse.

Lovage, I'm out for your NiGaLovage blood.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
*sigh* 10:30.. why couldn't something so close start at a regular time.

I hope I get to play Lovage in tourney. And I'm gonna MM a ****load of people.

LuCKy

Smash Master
connor. . im goin marth on you

same for lovage n maybe fly lol

*ill probably be scared n go fox but eh*

also norwalk buffet. . .****ing stole mcdonalds chicken nuggets LOL its called "pepper chicken" but they look and taste exactly like mcdonalds. . .someones getting sued ROFL

LuCKy

Smash Master
i dont care what you say. . .unlimited mcdonalds chicken nuggets??? where can you go wrong

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Ya i will be here for melee of course cant wait to play you guys maybe i will enter brawl too maybe anyway i will take some dollar money matches anyone want some?

Top Bottom