• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Toneh

Smash Lord
Would you guys be interested if i held a tourny in the movie room soon, or within a few weeks.

We can make it a doubles $5 tourny if you guys want, and run it on TIO on the laptop.
Just throwin the idea out there. That way we don't have to be pot ***** anymore lol.

If we can get like 10 teams, the payout could be like..
1st: $40 - (40%)
2nd: $30 - (30%)
3rd: $20 - (20%)
4th: $10 - (10%)
Not bad right.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Would you guys be interested if i held a tourny in the gaming room in a few weeks.

We can make it a doubles $5 tourny if you guys want, and run it on TIO on the laptop.
Just throwin the idea out there. That way we don't have to be pot ***** anymore lol.

1st: $40
2nd: $30
3rd: $20
4th: $10
Not bad right.
I'd be down for that. Sounds like a good idea! But is it only gonna be doubles? Mayb you worded it wrong or im just a lil slow. If there is singles and doubles im in! If there is only doubles ehhh i might pass.

(Thinks to himself... If only the payout was the price of the down payment for the gaming room XD!)

Nah but the potsize sounds good, especially considering your only paying $5 to get in. So if you get first you get 8x wat you paid =)

Toneh

Smash Lord
I'd be down for that. Sounds like a good idea! But is it only gonna be doubles? Mayb you worded it wrong or im just a lil slow. If there is singles and doubles im in! If there is only doubles ehhh i might pass.
seems like more people would do doubles right now, so I'd prolly start with that :p.
I'd play, and team up with different people every time for fun.

We could always ask everyone in the room afterword if they wanna do $5 singles when doubles ends.

(Thinks to himself... If only the payout was the price of the down payment for the gaming room XD!)
well we can make entry $50 per person, then it would have a crazy payout, haha.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
seems like more people would do doubles right now, so I'd prolly start with that :p.
I'd play, and team up with different people every time for fun.

We could always ask everyone in the room afterword if they wanna do $5 singles when doubles ends.

well we can make entry $50 per person, then it would have a crazy payout, haha.
that would be insane a $50 tourny. it'd be like what 2 teames if that. lol :p

-Spike-

Smash Ace
i'd do it if my teammate paid the entry fee LOL. But yea good call tony, doubles is the hype right now. So, Yea i'd come for $5 why not.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Darn, so no more free tonyfests where i can spend 5 bucks on panourmouses instead?

sure. just ban sonic, thats all, lol.

and btw 852, i couldn't get brawl+ set up. maybe you can help me next time.
Sonic and kirby are a package deal when it comes to banning

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Darn, so no more free tonyfests where i can spend 5 bucks on panourmouses instead?

oh **** thats right i'll have to choose between food and tourny lol. but it'll be me and ginz so we'll atleast win back our food money :p

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Would you guys be interested if i held a tourny in the movie room soon, or within a few weeks.

1st: $40 - (40%)
2nd: $30 - (30%)
3rd: $20 - (20%)
4th: $10 - (10%)
Not bad right.
sounds good to me.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
hold these every friday or sunday!!!

just do it even if there is only like 4 teams, it will be greattt!!!

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
WTF? These are two perfectly balanced characters and you want to ban them? If you're having trouble with them, learn any sword character other than Ike or Link. Or learn Game and Watch. Or Pikachu. Or quite a few other characters actually.

btw Retro, we toned down the Kirby f-smash nerf. Sure that move was kinda spammable (lol pivot f-smash), but that nerf was too much. We took out the Rob d-smash nerf too.

Also guys, we recently got a stage size modifier and boundry modifier. So...what do you guys think of making stages a little bigger overall (obviously we'd increase the blastzone boundaries too)? I feel that this and a slight decrease in hitstun would help get rid of that "crowded" feeling that you get in brawl+ teams.

If you guys do end up banning Sonic for whatever unfathomable reason...I'll just show you why Marth is the best character in brawl+. Or why Pit is the most annoying character ever. (I love Pit):laugh:

Gindler

Smash Champion
Also guys, we recently got a stage size modifier and boundry modifier. So...what do you guys think of making stages a little bigger overall (obviously we'd increase the blastzone boundaries too)? I feel that this and a slight decrease in hitstun would help get rid of that "crowded" feeling that you get in brawl+ teams.

If you guys do end up banning Sonic for whatever unfathomable reason...I'll just show you why Marth is the best character in brawl+. Or why Pit is the most annoying character ever. (I love Pit):laugh:
Expand the blastzones on warioware. a sweetspotted knee kills at like 10 even with perfect DI there

And of course I was kidding about kirby and sonic. I just go yoshi on kirby since Ivy can't deal with him

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Expand the blastzones on warioware. a sweetspotted knee kills at like 10 even with perfect DI there
Gindler, I mean that the blazones would be increase proportionally to the stage changes. Not that I'd be increasing or decreasing blastzone lengths in general.

Warioware is fine. So it's a stage with close blastzones. That's perfectly fine IMO. And also....no the knee doesn't kill that early with DI, even if you're MK.:laugh:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

And of course I was kidding about kirby and sonic. I just go yoshi on kirby since Ivy can't deal with him
i'm seriously thinking of maining someone else that way mostly everyone will stop getting angry for me using kirby...

Toneh

Smash Lord
Doubles:

1: will smith and jamie foxx (xyz + hrnut) ($40.00)
2: retrogamer+radix (retrogamer + radix) ($20.00)
3: Noob test (Sheermadness + Rx)
4: almost perfect strangers (Spike + galax)
5: orange soda (? + ?)
5: Action *******s bike!! (zoro + vericz)
7: honorable mention (caps + gindz)
7: Super mario Bros (sensei + walnut)
9: Teeco+Kenyu (Teeco + Kenyu)
9: evan+austin (evan + austin)
9: Incesty Bros (Adrock + Claus)
9: lemon pledge (Dan + lan)

Singles:

1: Hrnut($20.00)
2: Rx-($20.00)
3: radiX
4: Zoro
5: Sensei
5: SheerMadness
7: Gindler/Spike (spike left early)
7: Walnut
9: Gallax
9: Daniel Dierksen
9: Moo!
9: Noa44
13: Hiroi
13: Adrock
13: N3xus
13: Caleb
14: Beast
17: Andre
17: Jonathan Chiem
17: Matt Bigelow-Final
17: Alan DeFunck
17: D4rk_Kn1t3

Gindler

Smash Champion
i'm seriously thinking of maining someone else that way mostly everyone will stop getting angry for me using kirby...
Ha, not angry since I know how to shut kirby down fairly well. Just a round house kick? really designers? gah :chuckle:

(not serious when i say kirby's broken, my sarcasm is just hard to detect)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Yea dont switch kirby. Just switch from chuck norris to bruce lee... lol

wait was that even funny... hmmm? oh well lol

Toneh

Smash Lord
I was gonna rent out the movie room for this friday and they said it was taken.
I was like "what?! no way. So lame"
Then they said it was checked out by my apt #.

I forgot i reserved it last week, lol.
So were good. :D

Eight 52

Smash Journeyman
lol
Even though it's gigs, I'm still bringing brawl + early, then going to work and coming back. Also, I have a perfect skin for your jiggs tony.

Kei-Kei

Smash Cadet
arrgh im off tomorrow and thursday... not friday =/...

but im going to stay with a friend in UCF tonight tomorrow and the next day, so anyone want to play ???????? before igo crazy

Top Bottom