• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Gindler

Smash Champion
Say DS I was wondering, who would you say is the best character in brawl+? and did they fix snake's **** Utilt yet?

Gindler+teammate= Bestly team
Ha, couldn't help but laugh at that :chuckle:

i don't think i will ever touch brawl +..... so i have no say to it XD
You'd be one of the best at it with your beastly peach

wow. lol. im not saying that we should stop striving for excellence. Im just saying it will never happen. In theory, in theory anything is possible but it doesnt mean in practice it works. In theory (this is for GINDLER.) mr.g&w and zss is an unstoppable team but in practice it doesnt work. Fighting Games have been around how long? and how many are balanced? Im just saying there will always be a margin of error no perfection will ever be achieved.
Lol, you're pretty good at debating theory.

hey guys, hear me out, something came up. next wednesday through monday, my parents are going to be out of town. i'm going to be home alone again! :chuckle:

so anyway, i was wondering if you guys wanted to have a smashfest at my place either friday, saturday, or after the gamezone tourney like last time, or sunday cause publix is closed sunday (unless you have religion maters to attend to.) so let me know if you guys want to have a smashfest at my place.

but let me make this clear, i do not promise that its going to happen next weekend since my parents may cancel their flight or something delays them. but it should go as planned. so you guys wanna have a smashfest at my house next weekend? i have my wii and 2 tvs ready. let me know what you guys think, and i'll give you a heads up if anything changes.

this could be my very 1st smashfest that i would host, so hopefully you guys could do it.

retrofest, FTW!!!

@dark sonic- stick with your brawl+, i don't care anymore. its not like its ever going to be tourney legal anyway.
Lol, the one weekend I'll be gone is the first retrofest?

Brawl+ is merely for fun right now, it's pretty fun although guaranteed combos kinda bother me since it gets horribly horribly repetitive and with normal brawl when something ridiculous happens people get all excited, with the guaranteed combos you just knew it was coming. It's still fun though I can't lie about that, I wish I could be just Ivy in normal brawl I might even main her in brawl+ if i start to play it (or just stick with ness since i already have a pretty decent one)

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
@Gindler-to me it's a tossup between MK and Game&Watch.

also, few long combos are guranteed. 3 or 4 hits is common sure, but anything higher is mostly DI dependent (and I mean wrong DI at certain points in the combo). And I think combos based on hitstun are more entertaining to watch personally, since it give you the feeling that the one comboing truly locked the other guy down. It also gives me the feeling that a single mistake could have very large consequences, but also punishing a single opening could yield significant rewards.

Basically, it ups the stakes of each individual exchange, which I really, really like. I'm not the kind of patient person that could find any fun just standing there waiting for my opponent to leave openings 100 times per match. Some people like picking away at others with small bits over large periods of time, but I much prefer to just devastate them within a matter of seconds.

@dark sonic- stick with your brawl+, i don't care anymore. its not like its ever going to be tourney legal anyway.
Yes it will

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227163
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=228711
Take THAT!!:laugh:

N3XUS

Smash Apprentice
wow. lol. im not saying that we should stop striving for excellence. Im just saying it will never happen. In theory, in theory anything is possible but it doesnt mean in practice it works. In theory (this is for GINDLER.) mr.g&w and zss is an unstoppable team but in practice it doesnt work. Fighting Games have been around how long? and how many are balanced? Im just saying there will always be a margin of error no perfection will ever be achieved.
1.) I'm glad that I misunderstood what you meant about striving for perfection.
2.) I should have never said "in theory" that was a bad choice of words on my part. I should have just simply said balancing a game is far from impossible and has been done in the past, but not by many.
3.) Please note that a perfect game and a balanced game are two different things.
4.) Even though fighting games have indeed been around for quite a while, the lack of balanced games have not come from it being impossible to create. The main goal Game developers is to create a game "good enough" to buy, if not a little better, in as little time as possible so they see no or very little need to take the extra time necessary to make sure a game is balanced.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so, you guys wanna have a smashfests at my house on friday, or after the gamezone tourney? or do you guys wanna do it somewhere else? someone answer me.

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Gindz noooooooooooooo.................your my game zone partner. :( :mad: :(

Also im a school right now and bored. So im making you a sig Gindz ;)

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Retro i could try to make it friday, but at what time and how far do u live?

Normally friday night I hang out with my girlfriend so if it was earlier in the day for me to make it . I wouldn't be able to go after gamezone because my cousin having a b-day party at 8pm lol hopefully gamezone finishes before that!

Gindler

Smash Champion
That peach one looks familiar, not sure why maybe I've seen something similar before.

Lol at going to school. 2 days a week is nice, 4 classes in those 2 days isn't though :(

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
ok guys so far so good with the my parents leaving. heres my address:

8350, Le Mesa St.
Orlando FL, 32827.

i'm like 2-3 miles from gamezone. i live right next to the airport. if i know you, you can come (that includes you galax). so yea thats my address. so anyone wanna come, or do you guys want to go to virg's fest?

-Spike-

Smash Ace
i'm like 2-3 miles from gamezone. i live right next to the airport. so anyone wanna come, or do you guys want to go to virg's fest?
ummm kinda far of a drive for me for just a smashfest. I would prefer virg fest, but Im still up in the air for my attendance. So you guys can pick where to go.

we need to play this friday for gamezone.
Yo tony, you doing doubles this time or just singles?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
k then, lets go to virg's then. is he planning to have a smashfest after the tourney like last time cause i can come since publix is closed on sunday. let me know.

@spike- what?! you too?! whats with the sig man?!

Caps05

Smash Cadet
I live equa distant from virg and retro. But tony will prolly want em to drive (surprise, surprise) so virg is good. Also I might go to kei's tomm or wedensday depending on him.

@-spike. Yo i'll make you a tight sig. I made one for gindz and tony's sig is my creation too. lol

-Spike-

Smash Ace
i Live Equa Distant From Virg And Retro. But Tony Will Prolly Want Em To Drive (surprise, Surprise) So Virg Is Good. Also I Might Go To Kei's Tomm Or Wedensday Depending On Him.

@-spike. Yo I'll Make You A Tight Sig. I Made One For Gindz And Tony's Sig Is My Creation Too. Lol
Sweet!!!:)

zyzzx

Smash Cadet
Is the tournament the 11th or 18th? either way i'll be gone both saturdays :\

It's our spring break that week so pretty sure virg will be gone as well...

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I made this one until I get the cooler one from CAPS! I think its pretty cool. It has my two new mains fused into one :grrr:

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys, no virgfest this friday. I've gotta leave early saturday morning to go to tallahassee for a tournament I'm gonna hit on my way home for spring break. So I need to rest so I won't fall asleep on the road and die. Sorry bout that...but yay for spring break!!^.^!!

Top Bottom