• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TX: Canadian Fighting Game Championships - Aug. 7th-9th

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Yeah 70 20 10 does seem a little too much, especially as far as second place is concerned. Losing grand finals to win twice as much as the guy you beat to get there, while the guy who wins it all gets more than 3 times what you get? 65 25 10 seems more like it.

Napa

Smash Rookie
im down for T10

but can someone verify what would be like the costs for everything if i were just to enter for melee only?

thanks guys

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
theres no guaranteed pot, i asked that before, its just w.e we pay......im so broke ughh hopefully i get more hours from work this week

edit: maybe m2k teaming with me would sway my judgement, im better then deez LOL jks ;)

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
I was actually watching those EVO matches. That was a good number for EVO.
I don't think we can compete with that whatsoever but regardless, i posted in the neighbouring areas to see if anybody is interested.

NeoRussell

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
If I ever manage to get to this, it will be because Zaf decides to go. 0.1% chance happening, unless he get interested by SFIV event. Anyway we would probably need housing, anyone?

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Hey guys:

Just want to know who is running the tournament:
Question for you. What equipment do you need?
How many TV's will you need?
Can anybody assist with TV's?
What systems do you need?

I have a WII and Brawl with all the brawl characters
I have a GC but I don't have Melee

I can bring either system for you guys to use.

Regarding the Schedule:
Friday is for Teams but you guys can just do singles for that day if needed.

So basically if you guys want to run Melee Singles on Friday and Brawl Singles on Saturday, that's fine as well. If you guys can tell me what your schedule is going to be? You can follow our schedule if needed.

NeoRussell

unknown522

Some guy
I'm down for that. I can bring 1 cube + melee.

Anyone willing to host the 2 games?

I can help host melee, but I can't provide any TVs....no car.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Yeah hopefully Melee could be held on Sunday so that we can watch the grand finals of ****. It probably won't take that long to finish the tourney lol

Sanu

Smash Champion
The less I hear from Adnan, the more T10 is sounding like something to avoid.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
God I really wish I had a PS3 right about now to practice. I'll more than likely book whatever day off that Brawl is happening on. I would of loved to join the other tournaments since I plan to be in more of those scenes than the Brawl scene once I get my PS3, but right now out of fear of getting ***** by Justin Wong, I'll have to stick to just Brawl for this event. So yeah I'll be there for Brawl and mostly spectate the other games with a look of depression on my face since I didn't join those tournaments. :(

I MAY be able to give one or two people from Brampton or somewhere else a ride to this, not sure just yet.

Moe)2

Smash Apprentice
Im just wondering... if I only go on saturday 8th, would I still be able to participate in any melee events?
I dont expect to win anything but I would like to have a few runds in, and the saturday is the only time i would be able to go.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
OK since the organizer is not responding, i`ll run the tournament.
Although I will just be running and not competing. I wish i knew how to play the game properly.

I thought people like playing the newer version so I announced Brawl when T10 was being discussed.
If people want to play melee too, that is fine as well.

A few questions so that I can plan:
Do you guys want to play teams?
We can do singles with brawl/melee on friday
We can do singles with brawl/melee on saturday
We can just do Brawl and Melee singles on Saturday.
Sunday is just for Casuals if you guys want seeing that some of you will want to watch the SFIV finals anyway. Might as well come and play.

I can supply the TV's but somebody needs to bring the WII and Gamecube with the games.
I could bring mine but i'm worried that I don't have everything unlocked.

I'll be using the TIO software to run the brackets so i'm sure people are familiar with that.
Need opinion on this so that I can have a definite Schedule for you guys by tuesday.

NeoRussell

.decoy

Smash Ace
of course we want teams. everyone wants teams. except double mk teams.
also its already $25 to play singles (15 venue and 10 prizepool)? is that correct?

Top Bottom