• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TX: Canadian Fighting Game Championships - Aug. 7th-9th

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
anth i can only come sunday :( hopefully brawl gets pushed back or something....can you lower then venue fee for people that are coming for just the 1 day ?_?

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Alright going to need some details on what days Brawl and so on will be on, otherwise I won't bother booking the day or weekend off. :(

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
God I really wish I had a PS3 right about now to practice. I'll more than likely book whatever day off that Brawl is happening on. I would of loved to join the other tournaments since I plan to be in more of those scenes than the Brawl scene once I get my PS3, but right now out of fear of getting ***** by Justin Wong, I'll have to stick to just Brawl for this event. So yeah I'll be there for Brawl and mostly spectate the other games with a look of depression on my face since I didn't join those tournaments. :(

I MAY be able to give one or two people from Brampton or somewhere else a ride to this, not sure just yet.
o/

Just in case, I will book a spot. =3

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, the venue fee cannot be lowered. I can however make the teams and singles $5 as per people's request. Plus you get to participate in any other casuals happening with the other games.
It won't be hot like last year. We got a good place to hold many players this time. There is AC.

Really trying to figure out what schedule is best for people so speak up and i'll try to accomodate. Last thing I want is for you guys to miss the only biggest tournament in canada.

Right now i got a request to do Brawl on Sunday.
What tourny do you guys want to run on Saturday, melee?
Which day you guys want to do Teams?

ImeeHow: Thanks. If you can bring the wii and brawl. I'm assuming people will bring their own controllers and such. I'll bring 2 GC controllers as well.

Lawlbot: Please stay positive. This will happen and i know people will enjoy themselves.

NeoRussell

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Russel Question about Street Fighter4, do people usually lend out controllers? (yes controller I havent got used to the fightstick yet lol) because I only have xbox 360 ones and im assuming the PS3 one is about the same, because I really want to play both Sf4, I havent played Brawl in a long time but if its 5$ il go for the fun of it.
I think Brawl Doubles on Saturday and Singles on Sunday would probably be pretty good, this way we get to see SF4 finals if they start late saturday or early sunday, if anyone else agrees that is lol

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Imeehow: Unfortunately, i believe we will have sticks from Arcadewhips.com (our sponsor) to be used. They are basically advertising their product and what better place than T10.

That schedule is good. Hope everybody agrees so that I can make something final.

NeoRussell

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately? That seems alright. By any chance do you think that there will be time for friendlies before it starts so I can try to get used to a Arcade stick in the matter of like 3 games lmao.
I wish I knew someone with a arcade stick...

idea

Smash Master
melee on saturday sounds good...and teams for which game?

whenever we do them, teams traditionally (and with good reason) have gone before singles, in both games. there's usually more interest in singles, so it's best to save it for last, and teams are a good way for everyone to warm up.

let's hope there's enough interest in melee teams to make it worth forming a bracket =P

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Exactly So teams for Brawl/Melee On Saturday would be great so everyone could get a warm up and SF4 fans can go watch then have Singles on Sunday because that seems to be what everyone wants.
So Neo 5$ Singles and 10$per team doubles right?
and by the way Street Fighter 4 is 10$ right?

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
ImeeHow: I didn't mean to put unfortunately there. LOL I was going to write "unfortunately, people will hold onto their stick like a ***** but Arcadewhips.com are providing sticks for us so you can use them." I'm sure you can use them for warm ups. Also, SFIV will be $10 but there will be 6 TV's for it so hopefully we can use one for casuals.

Tentative Schedule:
Saturday: 2pm Melee and Brawl Teams - $5 per person, $15 per team.
Sunday: Brawl Singles - $5 per person

NeoRussell

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
I was planning on setting up Smash for Friday but it will just be casuals.
People are free to come so that you don't have to deal with sign ups on Saturday.
You can check out the other games as well going on. Smash will be beside Soul Calibur.

I'll bring my WII with Brawl but I don't have Melee and not sure where my GC might be.
Have to look. Just bring your controllers.

Warning though:
My Wii may not have everything unlocked.
Character wise it's good but don't be suprise if that big hand is not unlocked.

NeoRussell

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Neo can you cover these..

Is there Super Smash Bros. Melee?

If there is when will it be?

How much will be singles and doubles(per team)?

Moreover, how much do we have to pay for the venue fee if we're only going for one day? for three days?

If we bring friends (spectators) do they have to pay for venue fee?

If we go there just to chill with friends and not eneter the tourney do we still have to pay?

ty in advance.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
I asked most of these questions already on shoryuken forums so i can answer some for you
The easiest way for me to put it is if your entering the building(or your friend) to the gameing area, you have to pay the venue fee, doesnt matter if your going 1 day or all 3 your pay the 15$ once and your free to come back all the days and you can play friendlies there. Singles Are 5$ and Im pretty sure doubles is going to be 5$ per person to for a total of 10$ per team..
Not 100% if there having melee but im pretty sure they are.
I guess just wait for his answer lol

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
Lol well 5$ a person is alright, especially for people that are going to another event they dont want to spend more. For Example, a 15$ venue fee, 10$ For sf4, im not guna want to pay much more for brawl.. And since its only 5$ more people will probably play so the pot wont get too *****.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Is there Super Smash Bros. Melee?
-Right now Melee is just teams unless people want to run singles after but that's after Brawl teams as well and i don't know how long both tournaments will take.

If there is when will it be?
-Saturday @2p

Actually, would people want to run Melee and Brawl at the same time. This way, we can run Melee singles on the same day. I want sunday to be specifically Brawl singles because i know that will take time.

How much will be singles and doubles(per team)?
$5 to compete for each games in Smash games. Other games are $10

Hope that helps.
NeoRussell

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Neo, ban nu-13

You know you want to :bee:

Edit, and I just talked to Adnan....

Lдиощәи -=-> Andy - アンディ <-=- says (1:03 AM):
so are you organizing the smash tournaments
Lone Wolf says (1:03 AM):
yeah lmao
they're probably *****ing about me LOL
Lдиощәи -=-> Andy - アンディ <-=- says (1:03 AM):
have you posted on swf lately
Lone Wolf says (1:04 AM):
not at all
I'm gonna be tongiht though
Lдиощәи -=-> Andy - アンディ <-=- says (1:04 AM):
then you should do that now
they are just skipping you
neorussell said he is going to do it
Lдиощәи -=-> Andy - アンディ <-=- says (1:05 AM):
just go post now

so mahhhhhhhhhhhhhh~

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
sup sup.

Alright, heres the deal.

Brawl Doubles
Brawl Singles
Melee Singles

I am currently contemplating making Melee Singles and Brawl Doubles in the same day, but we'll see.

I've been super busy lately, so my apologies. I have this interest for Brawl + happening but I really need help with setups. I WILL run it if it has interest. I'll run that on the same day as Melee Singles if anything. I don't have interest in Melee doubles cuz that's usually like a 3-4 team thing anyway.

Feedback would be awesome. I need setups from you guys. I love you all, I'm really sorry for the delay of message. But I won't Ayaz this ****, we're still gonna do this.

To NeoRussel: sup homie. My msn is finalfury99AThotmailDOTcom. You connect the dots with the email address. I just don't want to get spam mail lol.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
So Adnan nothing on sunday? i kinda wanna see some grand finals of other fighting game lololozl.

but w.e ill be there for emlee probzz.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Neo, so 15$ venue fee eventhough you only come for one day is solid?
Yeah, unfortunately we had to rent a bigger hall to accomodate all the new fighting games that came out this year. I can honestly say that we are not trying to make profit out of T10. We really just want to cover the hall rental since everybody jacked up their prices. Probably because of recession. There will be casuals table or you can branch out to other fighting games see what is all the fuzz.

TyrantWolf:
Thanks for posting and more importantly for helping out.
There will be 2-3 TV's setup for you. Actually 2 right now, 3rd is tentative. So if somebody can bring 1 more TV, that would be great.

I have a Wii with Brawl and I can provide 2 GC controllers.
Not sure who can provide Melee stuff.

So according to your post, your schedule looks like this:
Friday: Casuals for Melee and Brawl
Saturday: Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles and maybe Melee doubles if enough interest.
Sunday: Brawl Singles plus casuals after. I think it's best to do Brawl on Sunday. Few people requested it that's why. Of course, you can confirm again.

Try to make sure you finish Saturday Events by 1a. Don't want people getting too tired to come back the next day.

Please have the schedule finalized by tomorrow if possible so that I can update the threads I posted. Again, thanks for helping out.

NeoRussell

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
I might do it, but honestly I don't like cutting off from the whole build up of the tournament. I would hate to slash off player's gameplay momentum by saying

"hey, you're playing amazing, you have to play these matches tomorrow!"

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
I might do it, but honestly I don't like cutting off from the whole build up of the tournament. I would hate to slash off player's gameplay momentum by saying

"hey, you're playing amazing, you have to play these matches tomorrow!"
Oh yeah of course. I wouldn't want to ruin the momentum as well.

I for one went to SBO last year and the SCIV tourny lasted till 5a so i know people can take it.
Hopefully.

NeoRussell

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
In the smash community, we split pots a lot. I actually am contemplating making a no split rule.

If people don't have the energy to play the day of, they can play on that day.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
TyrantWolf: this will probably my last post for the night. As long as the community agrees on it, i don't have a problem with it. This tourny is for the community and I do want what they say to be heard.

Everyone: I will be taking pictures on the Event. Bring your smiles cause i'm making memories whether you like it or not. LOL

NeoRussell

5ive

Smash Champion
I'll be up for Brawl+ and will probably bringing a Wii with Brawl+. I'll also be there for SF4 for whoever wants to play :p And I'll friendly you if you want to play Brawl+.

Oh yeah, and me and Painted Ghost are entering Brawl doubles as double Ganons. LOL.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
UGH I can't make it on Saturday for Melee singles. And I don't want to play Brawl singles on Sunday...

We need a flipperoo. Think of the hype of MAHVEL AND SF4...and then there's Brawl.

>_>

<_<

Top Bottom