• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TX: Canadian Fighting Game Championships - Aug. 7th-9th

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
I'd be fine with Brawl On Saturday, Id love to play SF4 and Brawl in the same day but everyone already said "Please sunday Im gone sunday, Please sunday I wana watch SF4 Finals" so I think Neo and Everyone else already decided Sunday
BTW Russel Is JWong comeing for Street Fighter4 for sure?

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
i can't make this if brawl is on sunday >_< i was going to come for saturday for sf4 and brawl. Also, fool and hype i can give you a ride to this if they move brawl on sunday as my friend and phil flopped. So right now my sauga car has 2 open spots if brawl can go on sat. If not i'm not driving anyone.

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
yo im lost what day and time is brawl
i dont wanna miss this
i need to take advantage of nearby tourneys

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Stupid question, but I havent seen it addressed. Venue fee covers all days, correct?

Edit: Organizers, PM me. I can bring a TV +WII/Brawl. I live about 10 minutes from the venue

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Ok so what if brawl was on sunday ( teams and singles ) and we were just to come to that, can we pay 5 dollars since it only covers one day.

I'm not paying 15 dollars nor will any of the brawlers in the scene that I know for a 1 day thing.

Confirm this please, thanks.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Ok so what if brawl was on sunday ( teams and singles ) and we were just to come to that, can we pay 5 dollars since it only covers one day.

I'm not paying 15 dollars nor will any of the brawlers in the scene that I know for a 1 day thing.

Confirm this please, thanks.
Stos just asked the same question the page before this.

Neo, so 15$ venue fee eventhough you only come for one day is solid?

Yeah, unfortunately we had to rent a bigger hall to accomodate all the new fighting games that came out this year. I can honestly say that we are not trying to make profit out of T10. We really just want to cover the hall rental since everybody jacked up their prices. Probably because of recession. There will be casuals table or you can branch out to other fighting games see what is all the fuzz.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Thanks Cyan, ok the only way I'll come to this is if you make brawl singles 10 - 15 bucks for entry, doubles needs to be 20 dollars per team too, if its 5 dollars entry count me out, thats rediculous....

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
lol yo one way or another this tourney is ****** your wallet

nickcam

Smash Ace
Dont think people would want to pay a 10 dollar entry and a 15 dollar venue fee. 25 dollars just for singles woul be too much

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Dont think people would want to pay a 10 dollar entry and a 15 dollar venue fee. 25 dollars just for singles woul be too much
think about it though
if its a $5 venue fee and lets say like 20 people go

thats a $100 pot

60 for 1st place, 30 for second place, 10 for third place.

since itll cost them $20 to enter, first place only made a profit of 40, second place only made a profit of 10, and third place wasted their time

it isnt worth it

nickcam

Smash Ace
Thats true but most people are going to see sf4 finals lol, brawl is just extra

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
it would make sense to have the brawl community pay only 5 dollar venue for the sunday, its better for you guys if you have more people showup for brawl and get venue fee from them rather than having fewer and getting less venue fee. This tourney is wallet ****. I woudln't have minded if brawl was on saturday because i woulda entered both sf4 and brawl. 15 venue is ridiculous for 1 game.

idea

Smash Master
actually yeah, there probably won't be many (or any?) people for melee cause no one wants to pay the $15 >_<

there's a large variety of games and most people wouldn't want to go to enough of them to make the $15 worth it.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Guys, right now the schedule is this.

Friday: Registration at 5p. Casuals for Melee and Brawl @6p
Saturday: Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles and maybe Melee doubles if enough interest.
Sunday: Brawl Singles plus casuals after.

IMeeHow: JWong is still coming.

LooftWaffles: If you can bring that TV and system that would be great.
You can either bring it friday or saturday at 12p

SilverDoc: Venue Fee is $15 and that covers the 3 day event.

Mario is the Greatest: Schedule above.

Dimmy: Smash does have tournaments on Saturday and Sunday.
Your also welcome to come and join SFIV.

Oh one more thing, Girlfriends don't have to pay venue fee.
Meaning they are just there to spectate.
If you guys have any more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

NeoRussell

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
oh the biggest problem neo russel is that i only can go for 1 day that weekend which was saturday and i was pretty much going for sf4 and brawl singles. I guess that can't happen now, sorry to all the people i promised rides to >_<

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Yo this is stupid, make brawl singles 10 - 15 bucks, who cares about your stupid wallets I want to go to this and actually make a profit if I win.]

Brawl doubles needs to be 20 dollars per team, its simply tradition, you can't just go around changing the elements of tournament organization, that will physically bring less brawlers / melee players to this event.

If the cost to enter brawl singles and doubles isn't increased count me out, this is ******** why even bother posting it.

Flame me all you want you know I'm right, end rant/

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Double post: Girlfriend's don't have to pay the venue fee? Do you have any idea how rediculous that sounds, Neo are you sexist? What if I had a boyfriend he would have to pay just cause' hes a guy?

Bad logic is bad.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Double post: Girlfriend's don't have to pay the venue fee? Do you have any idea how rediculous that sounds, Neo are you sexist? What if I had a boyfriend he would have to pay just cause' hes a guy?

Bad logic is bad.
Well, i do love women and think they are god's gift to man but i'm not sexist in anyway.
I'm just being realistic. If you bring your parents/girlfriends/boyfriends to the event, we already know they are just there to watch and give you moral support. If you do have a boyfriend (an actual partner) who is coming for the event then I have no problem waiving the fee for them as well. It's not about being sexist, it's about not charging your significant other who does not play any games and is really just there as moral support for you. Friends don't count.

NeoRussell

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
ok wow 15 dollars to play friendlies is. wow. thanks dude but i think im good.
I've heard of local tournaments having a bigger venue fee than ours and their just local.
"T" Tournament happens once a year, and I already explained why the venue fee is what it is.
Why not be part of something big and historic on its own right.
If the venue fee does prevent you from coming then I do thank you for considering it atleast.

NeoRussell

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Seriously guys get a job...$15 is nothing. This venue is beautiful from what I've heard, and we get to see Justin Wong **** ****.

And play a bunch of Smash. I'll bring my Wii with 64/Melee/Brawl on Sunday.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Seriously guys get a job...$15 is nothing. This venue is beautiful from what I've heard, and we get to see Justin Wong **** ****.

my value village 9.50 an hour paycheck kicks my ***

FatalX

Smash Journeyman

i dont think its the fee thats the problem, its the pot.

Not too many people are coming to this, and a $5 pot will be absolute garbage in the end.

but if i can find a way to go, ill go i guess

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Okay, then lets just put $10 in the pot.

Is it that hard for Adnan to yell "$10 SINGLES FEE" at the beginning of the tournament o_O

At the very least we could take a vote at the tournament...

FatalX

Smash Journeyman
Okay, then lets just put $10 in the pot.

Is it that hard for Adnan to yell "$10 SINGLES FEE" at the beginning of the tournament o_O

At the very least we could take a vote at the tournament...
people bitch that $25 is too much.

and i gotta agree, 25 bucks for a tourney is really pushing it
its not a matter of people not having the money, everyone has 25 bucks
its just that its almost twice the amount people usually pay

Top Bottom