• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TX: Canadian Fighting Game Championships - Aug. 7th-9th

Cyan_

Smash Lord
No, Joe doesn't use ICs, but he LOVES THEM. like he has ice climbers toys and posters and everything

he just loves it when ppl CG him

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Please, please up the entry fee. I say this knowing full well that I might not even make it out of pools. 5 bucks seems like it would garner more players, but its absolute pot **** when youre paying a 15$ venue fee. Id rather throw 25 in total with a chance to win decent money than 20 with small winnings.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Please, please up the entry fee. I say this knowing full well that I might not even make it out of pools. 5 bucks seems like it would garner more players, but its absolute pot **** when youre paying a 15$ venue fee. Id rather throw 25 in total with a chance to win decent money than 20 with small winnings.
I got people requesting it to be $5 a few pages back.
Looks like your the only 1 who wants to raise it to $10.
If people don't have a problem with it, it can be changed.

I'm going to ask one more time but please let this be the last discussion about it.
The date looming closely and things keep changing.
What do you guys want as the Entry Fee for singles and teams, $5 or $10?

NeoRussell

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, the tournament is still a go regardless of the newly surfaced tournament.
The schedule is still the same.

For people bringing equipment, please confirm that you can still bring them.
Not sure if you are participating in the other one and i just need to confirm.

NeoRussell

MisaMeka

Smash Apprentice
Anyone coming for melee can you please msg me at some point. If your bringing melee set ups let me know as well. As for brawl you can let me know but preferably Adnan. Either way Ill get the msg across to him if you cant reach him

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Sorry as coming off like that to you Neo its meant in more of a joking way. The title is basically for sauga and toronto people who aren't attending t10 anyways because of the venue fee. I'm not trying to steal your people, i'm simply just gathering all of the people who aren't going to t10, who wanted to go just for brawl and because its on sunday do not feel like a venue fee of 15 or travelling 3 days would be worth it. The situation i was in was that i would have gone to t10 had it been on the saturday because for 1 thing i would be able to play both smash and sf4 in one day, and that was the day i originally booked off. You moved brawl singles to sunday and i'm busy sunday so i decided to host a tournament for the community members that felt left out because of your move. The people who want to go to t10 are still going and the people who aren't going to t10 from sauga are going to mine. The title is just a joke really.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Sorry as coming off like that to you Neo its meant in more of a joking way. The title is basically for sauga and toronto people who aren't attending t10 anyways because of the venue fee. I'm not trying to steal your people, i'm simply just gathering all of the people who aren't going to t10, who wanted to go just for brawl and because its on sunday do not feel like a venue fee of 15 or travelling 3 days would be worth it. The situation i was in was that i would have gone to t10 had it been on the saturday because for 1 thing i would be able to play both smash and sf4 in one day, and that was the day i originally booked off. You moved brawl singles to sunday and i'm busy sunday so i decided to host a tournament for the community members that felt left out because of your move. The people who want to go to t10 are still going and the people who aren't going to t10 from sauga are going to mine. The title is just a joke really.
If you read the pages properly, the communities input was taken into consideration so please don`t make it look like I changed it because of ``my move``. I took everybody`s comment in consideration so please don`t. Just plan your tournament. Not sure what you are doing in this thread but this thread is for people who want to participate in T10.

Anyways, now that the sorry attempt of redeeming his childish behaviour is out of the way, let`s continue with the discussion.

MisaMeka: I can provide you guys 2 TV`s a Wii and Brawl. I don`t have Melee unfortunately.

Can anybody bring GC and Melee

NeoRussell

JPOBS

Smash Hero
yo neo,

good stuff with t10 much props. please dont look poorly on the smash community and smash in general because of the actions of one person, many people appriciate what u are trying to do.

i would should my support but i unfortunately will be out of the country and cant make it but i hope its successful so that you can host more smash events at your tournies. respect.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
I Don't even think I can make it.
Bug was my ride and he said he Can't make it sunday, I was going to come saturday for SF4 but bug hates SF4 so my ride is gone there too.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
LooftWaffles: Thanks, i'll add that TV on my list. You can come on Friday to drop off the TV and stay for casuals. Or just come Saturday and we'll set up.

IMeeHow: Hey that's fine. Hope to make your acquaintance next time.

NeoRussell

5ive

Smash Champion
K so I'm still bringing a Wii+Brawl. Thing is, for casuals, I'd like my Wii to be Brawl+.

Bringing JC shine-able Fox if anyone wants to try that.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Tourney fee has to be 10 bucks or I'm not coming, nor will ace, brose, niagra, hamilton, and parts of sauga / toronto.

If its 10 though, you'll have yourself one heck of a tourney.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Make brawl doubles today, wtf do we needs casuals for.

All for brawl doubles today, I'll bring 4 people if thats the case, that will really help boost your venue fee.

Sauga will come too. Why saturday -_-...

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
Not going to this anymore, since I'm hardly getting shifts this week I'm gonna save my money instead. Definitely plan to go next year.

Have fun @ everyone planning to go.

@Yuuki

Sorry man can't give you a lift anymore since I'm not attending anymore.

5ive

Smash Champion
Anyone coming for casuals today?
Seriously, if you come, Brawl+ with me.

Seriously.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Tourney fee has to be 10 bucks or I'm not coming, nor will ace, brose, niagra, hamilton, and parts of sauga / toronto.

If its 10 though, you'll have yourself one heck of a tourney.
^ This. This could be the most epic smash tourney in Canada. Just make it worth our while. Either way, Im still coming.

5ive

Smash Champion
Back from the first day. Minus told me to set up a Brawl setup, but it was quickly replaced by Melee. I basically had no events today, so it was just a seek out day. And I must say, it was ****ing hyped in there. Looking forward to hopefully Brawl+ friendlies tomorrow, and SFIV singles.

I was watching World Jem, Raynex, and Painted Ghost wreck up Blaz Blue teams, and getting ready to plank with double Ganons tomorrow with Painted Ghost.

Srsly though, needs moar Brawl+. If anyone sees me, ask me to Plus right away. I was craving some plus all day o.o

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Sorry about the late reply guys, was busy all day with T10.

moe: sign ups are 1p for Saturday. Tourny start time should be 2p.

Mario: $5 per game unless the community decides to make it $10. Always about what you guys decide on.

5ive: Thanks. Bring them in. There is 1 TV there and Wolf said he will bring another one for saturday.

SilverDoc: The community decision before was $5 but like i mentioned above, if nobody has a problem with it during sign ups when Organizer is taking the money then it should be a problem.

5ive: yeah atmospehere in there was big. It was a bit warm the AC is already running full time. it's not a boiler like last year. It is actually doable.

Wolf: I can't seem to find my Brawl but I have a WII if you guys need it. Please get back to me. And clear your PM's, it's full.

NeoRussell

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
It shouldn't be a problem.
All tournament in there is $10 anyway so sure.

NeoRussell

5ive

Smash Champion
: ( 2 setups. 8 Smashers?

Basically, smash started dying as the day went by, and by 4:00, smash was gone. The morning was fun though. Lots of Brawl+ :). GG's Minus and Looft. Street fighter was also fun, even though it was delayed 6 hours.

Again, I beg at least some of you guys to come :(

Also Dimmy, looks like you owe Buddah some money LOL.

NeoRussell

Smash Cadet
Yeah it sucks that were not enough people to make the tourny. Not really sure if people are coming today as well.

Neorussell

Top Bottom