• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
if mango loses, i cant wait to see the johns people will toss out to defend his title

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean hbox beat mango at the last apex and pp at the last KoC, so he's got stuff to prove against PP at least

IMO whoEVER wins this is in the running for best in the world (they don't have the title unless it's armada, but they're in the running). Unless like three people break their hands/don't show up. I see no hypocrisy in saying "well, PP and armada are both contenders for the #1 spot, and it's up to personal opinion which one is better. We'll see next tourney" should PP win.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I mean hbox beat mango at the last apex and pp at the last KoC, so he's got stuff to prove against PP at least

IMO whoEVER wins this is in the running for best in the world (they don't have the title unless it's armada, but they're in the running). Unless like three people break their hands/don't show up. I see no hypocrisy in saying "well, PP and armada are both contenders for the #1 spot, and it's up to personal opinion which one is better. We'll see next tourney" should PP win.
Yes, it won't be the first time they've met so there's no fluke johns. They've both been preparing and if any of the top 4 dont have legitimate johns (like broken hands) then they simply didn't play hard enough. Gotta play hard to be on top.

That being said, if mango wins without facing armada, I will consider him the best. That means armada would have had 2 losses to people mango would have to beat and it's not like armada is a hard counter to mango considering how leffen is fairing with fox, the holes that falcon could exploit and his only answer to puff being ylink. Even if mango loses to armada but takes the tournament I'd consider him or anyone else the best for coming out on top against such high caliber of competition, even if there is a single player who does better against them but not so much against the rest of the top 4.

:phone:

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Mang0 said if he loses at Apex he'll quit

I'll hold him to it and hope for the best, but I don't see any point in complaining about his johns. This is the last chance, really. Nothing else matters but Apex, and I personally feel Mang0 is going to apply himself and put all of the naysayers in their place. But like I said, we'll see what happens. If Mang0 flunks out, the bracket could get weird and top 10 could get even weirder.

Landry

Smash Ace
... how would him losing change anything about his Pound 3, Genesis 1, and Pound 4 results?
I don't think it would. I just think it'd be hard to justify him as greatest ever, which is something a lot of people have been trying to do.

Even after Ken started losing to people like PC Chris and M2K he still pushed through and was able to win big tourneys including Evo. For Mango to cement his legacy he needs to show he can bounce back and still show he's the best (just my opinion, obviously). I really think he can do it, too. It's just a matter of whether he will or not.

PB&J

Smash Hero
didnt mango just win fc and big house? im pretty confused. i feel like no one woudnt say anything is he won koc a big local tourny that people came too..lol

anyway..Cant wait til next week

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
Mb I don't see it but is Mango making any preparations for this tournament? Working on MUs, honing his skills, etc? Practicing with friends as much as possible?

The Business

Smash Journeyman
didnt mango just win fc and big house? im pretty confused. i feel like no one woudnt say anything is he won koc a big local tourny that people came too..lol

anyway..Cant wait til next week
mango won every tournament he entered last**** year except apex 2012 and KoC.

stupid 2013

Bones0

Smash Legend
^ you forgot impulse
Thanks, I figured I was missing a tournament or two.

I still think my point stands, however. Mango has Hbox's number, and PP got close at Impulse and won at KoC (for w/e reason). With all this in mind, I'd have to project the results as:

1. Armada/PP (I'd give the edge to Armada)
2. Armada/PP
3. Mango
4. Hbox
5. KirbyKaze
6. Mew2King
7. Javi
8. Unknown
9. Bones
10. Leffen

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Anyone can be the best on one day. It's consistency on the big stage that makes someone a legend.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Mb I don't see it but is Mango making any preparations for this tournament? Working on MUs, honing his skills, etc? Practicing with friends as much as possible?

Man, I'm not even sure Mango knows someone signed up for him. I'm still hoping he's been flying under the radar just to **** face at this.

Top Bottom