• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
yea im with alex on this. no excuses for anybody for not registering on time

i honestly thought registration ended dec. 31st though, guess i was wrong
maybe they thought the same
or the concept of timezones just completely escaped them for the last few days
or they registered under a stupid name

thankfully i reg'd in like september or something <_<

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
lol has extra time; is later than late.

Edit: Leffen is probably practicing for Apex right now, doesn't know the deadline passed. Mango is straight chillin, figured someone would reg him...maybe buy him a connecting flight and a hooker to ride his **** cause they couldn't in person :awesome:

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Weonx is winning this. Wenbo for top 10.
Mango better quit ****ing around and just win this **** so America can talk trash for another year.
Can't wait.

Lovage

Smash Hero
registration has been extended to jan 6
wow what a ****ing shock

first time a online reg has been extended in major history

i for one think armada and leffen should be banned from apex who's with me?

edit: FREE UKNOWN522

leffen

Smash Champion
lol i like how EVERYONE cared about me but no one gave a **** about westballz missing it
sup *****.

Btw, I did actually register but my credit card was rejected for some reason, so it actually said "in progress", but anyways im changing it now ;).

thanks alex btw.

edit: you're all gonna be hella free at this tournament.

PB&J

Smash Hero
honestly i forgot that westballz didnt register. every time i read the list i just thought he was on it but i wasnt really looking at every name tbh.

Anyway he is coming anyway.

Leffen- serious question. what place are you aiming for? Im not even poking at you either. I honestly think your good but smashboards and keyboards tends to get to people's heads these days.

leffen

Smash Champion
I'm aiming for first, why the hell would I aim for anything less?

I always get sad when people say "im gonna tap at this tournament, i'm gonna get top 16/8 etc.

I hate how people limit yourself, and how scared they are of failing. If you never throw yourself out there, it doesn't matter if you never failed, because you never really risked anything. People always seem to give way too much respect to the top placers and the status quo. No one but the top players never seem to have any sort of confidence, and it really pisses me off.

I'm not losing to anyone at this tournament, I know that is ballsy and perhaps on the verge of delusional, but I'm not gonna let the fear of failing hinder my chances of success.

10th

Smash Cadet

I always get sad when people say "im gonna tap at this tournament, i'm gonna get top 16/8 etc.

I hate how people limit yourself, and how scared they are of failing. If you never throw yourself out there, it doesn't matter if you never failed, because you never really risked anything. People always seem to give way too much respect to the top placers and the status quo. No one but the top players never seem to have any sort of confidence, and it really pisses me off.

I'm not losing to anyone at this tournament, I know that is ballsy and perhaps on the verge of delusional, but I'm not gonna let the fear of failing hinder my chances of success.
I'm a leffen fan now, good luck man!

More people should have this kind of confidence imo

EDIT: LOL good point krisp

Divinokage

Smash Legend

Then let's be realistic, you are losing to me! MM?

JPOBS

Smash Hero

You're gonna get ***** so hard. I'm glad you could make it tho cuz i've been waiting months to see hax/anyone go in on you.

have fun brah :seuss:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
im going to lose my **** when leffen to INSANE CARZY GUY

i wish INSANE CARZY GUY was going ;_;

The Star King

Smash Hero

Being delusional =/= confidence

If, say, I went to Apex and entered Melee - which would be my first Melee tournament - and got like 5th, that would be a pretty big ****ing success. I don't see how that's "failing" just because I lost to someone. People are just realistic with their goals, and set something they can barely reach to push themselves. Setting an unrealistic goal is stupid because you know it's unrealistic (if you are a sane individual), and you aren't gonna even be disappointed if you don't reach the goal, and won't try hard for it either. The goal might as well not exist.

Me saying I'll get 5th at Apex would be confident as ****. You don't have to say you're gonna get 1st to be confident, is my point. And people not setting unrealistic goals isn't "fear of failure".

With that said, you saying you're getting 1st isn't nearly as bad as some random scrub saying he's getting 1st, so keep doing what you're doing I guess. Can't stop you. I just disagree with you thinking EVERYONE should say they're gonna get 1st.

Also hashtags on Smashboards has actually beaten out >implying on Smashboards in stupidity. And that's impressive.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I'm not sure it's relevant whether Armada wins with one character, or 26. I measure "bestness" based on performance when it counts. Since Armada hasn't, to my knowledge, lost a tournament in ages, there is no reason to think that he isn't the best!

But yeah, mango has an awful lot of raw talent. Unless he beats the best, though, he'll have to settle for 2nd or 3rd place in my books.

:phone:

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I can get bodied by Armada with multiple characters too. I guess that makes me as good as Mango! :D

stelzig

Smash Lord
Being delusional =/= confidence

If, say, I went to Apex and entered Melee - which would be my first Melee tournament - and got like 5th, that would be a pretty big ****ing success. I don't see how that's "failing" just because I lost to someone. People are just realistic with their goals, and set something they can barely reach to push themselves. Setting an unrealistic goal is stupid because you know it's unrealistic (if you are a sane individual), and you aren't gonna even be disappointed if you don't reach the goal, and won't try hard for it either. The goal might as well not exist.

Me saying I'll get 5th at Apex would be confident as ****. You don't have to say you're gonna get 1st to be confident, is my point. And people not setting unrealistic goals isn't "fear of failure".

With that said, you saying you're getting 1st isn't nearly as bad as some random scrub saying he's getting 1st, so keep doing what you're doing I guess. Can't stop you. I just disagree with you thinking EVERYONE should say they're gonna get 1st.

Also hashtags on Smashboards has actually beaten out >implying on Smashboards in stupidity. And that's impressive.
I don't personally even use such long goals to begin with either. My goal is always to win the next match.
As long as people don't forget that goal, then the other goals they set don't really mean anything at all.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
so excited for this so pp or armada can prove mango's done and i can put this game to bed

and if lovage v leffen mm doesn't happen it's a crime against humanity

imo i think lovage is scared cuz leffen is now what lovage was a year and a half ago: the most technical fox in the world. except leffen is more ruthless away from the controller and will never let him live down losing

= chokesies for lovage

it's a win-win tho cuz if leffen loses he'll never live it down either

leffen's pretty LOLtastic but im still rooting for him cuz EU ***** and everyone needs a good villain

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
judging by what you just said yes you are a fanboy
how so? i said he was the best EVER, not the best right now. if you called me an hbox fanboy, i would easily agree, but i don't like mango, i just think he's the best to ever play the game of super smash bros melee. if you say that person is armada, you would have a legitimate case, and you obviously wouldn't be a homer.

also i agree totally with shadrach's post, for what it's worth

Top Bottom