• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Strawhat is coming back to show Ken how you are suppose to come out retirement....idk..Things could get interesting. PPU was the highest placing Marth at Apex 2012 and he got 17th. I wonder if a Marth will break top 10 this time.

Landry

Smash Ace
I'm really excited to see Taj play. He's wicked good.

But as far as Marth placings go PPU definitely has a lot more practice recently. I hope Taj doesn't take long to shake off the rust.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Taj should place pretty high if he is in practice and goes Marf. Although it depends on how many good Fox's cross his path. Taj vs Javi in round 1 bracket would be scary.

Battlecow

Play to Win
IDK how rusty taj is

but he might get another taj bracket and then YOU'LL ALL SEE

but yeah PPU for sure.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
PPU is imo the best Marth main atm. AZ Marths are also clearly good, but there's a flair of sorts in PPU, a willingness to deviate from present metagame, that I think will help in the long run. Taj and Tai, by contrast, are very good at how Marth "should" be played.

This is all based on on my viewing of super video brothers melee, though.

Max?

Smash Champion
The Moon has the passion and drive to get beast as hell at this game. He's still relatively new to the scene and is already beasting on Spacies. Give him time

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yo, who is HE?

let's just be honest here. ytutty will be the only marth to do anything spectacular.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There should be a RR between all the marths there like the falco RR at apex 2010.]
A RR between a few of the very best Marth's would be cool but All Marths...idk...that MU I can only take for so long because it's so Goddamn silly.

Also I didn't know Mexico was sending anyone else except Javi. I've seen ytutty play maybe 1 or 2 times before. Don't remember him as a world beater. Also I wish Salepate was going too.

Sacredtwin11

Smash Apprentice
A RR between a few of the very best Marth's would be cool but All Marths...idk...that MU I can only take for so long because it's so Goddamn silly.

Also I didn't know Mexico was sending anyone else except Javi. I've seen ytutty play maybe 1 or 2 times before. Don't remember him as a world beater. Also I wish Salepate was going too.
Yea, I meant the top marths, just like it was the top falcos back then.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The Falco RR at Apex 2010 was ruined because too many non-top Falcos wanted in on it, no offense. We should've just set a hard line on having only the top four at the time: Mango, PP, Zhu, Shiz

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
The Falco RR at Apex 2010 was ruined because too many non-top Falcos wanted in on it, no offense. We should've just set a hard line on having only the top four at the time: Mango, PP, Zhu, Shiz
Axe deserved to be there though. It's true he's not a Falco main but he was definitely and might still be one of the best Falcos.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Axe's Falco is great, but he should not have been in there, for the same reason Mango and PP's Falcons weren't allowed into the Falcon RR at Pound 4.

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
...Didn't Axe beat both PP and Shiz in the falco round robin? I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I recall him doing very well.

Edit: my apologies, he didn't beat shiz, though he did beat chopz. My point was just that he did very well lol

PB&J

Smash Hero
shiz and zhu were tied for first and it never finished. i think it was gay that mango didnt enter but its ok.

I think if you guys do a marth one,it should be

the moon
ether
ppu
tai

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I think if you guys do a marth one,it should be

the moon
ether
ppu
tai
?

I mean, The Moon, Ether, and TAI are all really good marths, but what's your reasoning for using them over better marths like .jpg, Diakonos, Taj, or I.B.?

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
I think that one is jpegImage or something. Either that or there's two .jpg and one is like az and the other is mexican. Its been confusing me a little too.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Yeah I think ur right on vegas.

Am I the only one who thinks marth dittos aren't particularly entertaining unless PPs marth is on the screen?

There's some interesting debates on who the best marth is, but dittos are kinda whack in that matchup to me lol.

Edit: idk if darts coming but id switch him with ether if he isn't and that could be interesting actually. PP would go for at least 7 stocks.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Is Taj confirmed for Apex or are people just assuming he'll go?

Top Bottom