• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
kage's guide to getting it in

"put the first inch and then the second and then the third, now you're balls deep amirite"

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Did you see how well Zhu was playing at Kings of Cali?

If anything, that means he is getting better. He wasn't just randomly on game. He is actually visually improving, which is kinda strange for an oldschool player. With that said, I dunno why you'd dismiss his ability to place in top 10.

Alukard had a very good point in one of his commentaries during NEC 13. It is a competition for a reason. If anything, Zhu is a prime candidate for a top 10 upset, especially with his recent improvement.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Did you see how well Zhu was playing at Kings of Cali?

If anything, that means he is getting better. He wasn't just randomly on game. He is actually visually improving, which is kinda strange for an oldschool player. With that said, I dunno why you'd dismiss his ability to place in top 10.

Alukard had a very good point in one of his commentaries during NEC 13. It is a competition for a reason. If anything, Zhu is a prime candidate for a top 10 upset, especially with his recent improvement.
?

Zhu got 17th at kings of Cali. Idk what you're talking about.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, he got 17th at Kings of Cali, but I think overall he was playing really well, and I only think he is going to get better based on that. IIRC the sets he lost were close.

EDIT: Apex will be a lot tougher too, but I think that when the bracket isn't so condensed with such great players who are so familiar with the matchup, Zhu definitely could do better at Apex relative to Kings of Cali.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Yeah, he got 17th at Kings of Cali, but I think overall he was playing really well, and I only think he is going to get better based on that. IIRC the sets he lost were close.

EDIT: Apex will be a lot tougher too, but I think that when the bracket isn't so condensed with such great players who are so familiar with the matchup, Zhu definitely could do better at Apex relative to Kings of Cali.
He could do anything, but there is no reason to believe it's actually going to happen.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i remember months of PBnJ posting he was gonna win the tournament before every big tournament

don't think anybody payed him all that much worry

Warhawk

Smash Lord
No, I think that Zhu's new normal now.
Yea, its not like he's beaten Shroomed at a few recent tourneys... Oh wait he has and you don't know what you're talking about (surprise, surprise). Zhu pretty obviously played below his usual level at KoC. The few matches he was shown in on stream he made errors everywhere and was very obviously frustrated by his own play.

Lovage

Smash Hero
socal local gets more talent than 3 east coast regionals

and then people are confused when zhu gets dunked on....tsk tsk smash commune

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Performing well at a single local doesn't undermine him constantly failing at regionals/nationals.

He may do something surprising at Apex. But I doubt.
Apparently underperforming at a few big tourneys is constantly failing...? Its not like he gets 33rd or something, he's usually just outside of top 12 which is still pretty good and he's less active in the scene than he once was. I don't get where you pull these things from.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
just do yourself a favor and put froggy on your ignore list warhawk.

Top Bottom