• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Seven. Don't let us down.

As far as placing in the top 5 Axe and Javi both have very legitimate chances (maybe gucci does too but I've never seen him play so...). However I just don't see them getting past all of the elite 4. I feel like they both have a decent chance against you and PP, but the way the two of you have evolved since Apex 2012 I have to side against them.Also, I don't see either of them beating Armada or Mango. Armada is too damn good against spacies, and Mango's falco should be able to handle Javi. Axe COULD possibly by some chance take out Armada but I don't see him getting past mango. Between the two though I feel like Axe has just as much chance of taking it all as Javi does but I just don't see it.

Also, Kirbykaze is worth mentioning as a possible "surprise" winner if he gets into the right mindset. He probably has a better chance than Javi or Axe to be honest with you. And of course there's mew2king but he's not really completely new, but he has a damn good chance nonetheless.
M2K has no shot. He's something like 2-20 vs the big four in tourney sets since 2010. He doesn't even have a winning record vs Wobbles or Zhu over that timespan.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yo, Javi vs. Armada and KirbyKaze vs. Armada are definitely sets i'm looking forward to.

But what i'm looking forward to the most is Zavage. I'm thinking Zavage vs. Mango, Zavage vs. Armada, etc.. all excellent matches.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
M2K has no shot. He's something like 2-20 vs the big four in tourney sets since 2010. He doesn't even have a winning record vs Wobbles or Zhu over that timespan.
Eh, I think he has just as much of a shot as anyone outside of the big 4. Not saying he'll take it or anything, just that he has as much of a chance as Axe, Javi or KK etc. etc. Besides, it seems like most of the sets he plays against the top 4 are relatively close. But yeah, to put a vote up for anybody but Hbox, Mango, PP or Armada is kind of insane at this point but someone else taking it is at least possible.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
M2K definitely has a shot. Sure, the top four have an advantage, but nearly every set he loses is 3-2 or at least 3-1. Against PP at Zeinth, he lost 3-2 twice. Against Mango at Impulse it was another 3-2. Many of his losses against Armada were 3-2 (Apex 2010) or 2-1. The only matchup that isn't really close is against Hbox, (although even then, the Jigglypuff ditto back at Impulse was surprisingly close.)

Long story short, although M2K winning is a long shot, he's still top 5 worldwide, and if he gets his mindset straightened out, it's a definite possibility.

Landry

Smash Ace
I agree that M2K definitely has a shot. Not a likely one, but still a shot.

He certainly has the skill to hang around with anyone in this game.

Popopidopop

Smash Cadet
What, Good **** German and Sudden Death 4 don't count? :troll:
Good ****t german was vs Scorp :)

I definately think Leffen has got a good shot at placing top 5.
He did get 4-0:d by peepee but that was with his secondary, and without his own controler I heard. + he got peepee to last stock hiigh percent just like he did M2K. Hope alex strife doesnt put armada on his side of the bracket.
:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Lol at leffen top 5. I'll give anyone 2:1
Odds that he will not make top 5. Hell, I'll bet any amount that he won't make top 12

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
I think im done reading this thread when I hear things such as "M2k doesnt have a shot" See you guys at apex,make sure you subscribe to my awesome channel. some cool stuff is popping up on there later

http://www.youtube.com/user/pbnj2323?feature=mhee
dont know why ppl say that. when hes on hes one of the best if not the best. his emo–ness is what gets in the way. even mangos said if there's one player hes scared of its m2k

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Well if there's one person he SHOULD be afraid of, it's Zavage. That guy is beast from what I hear.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
never heard of him and cant find videos of him. is he magical?

Magical is the best way to put it.

Picture this: Dark's flashy tech skill and Mango's mindgames combined with efficient combos/finishers all performed by Falco. Oh, and a cool tag. I've never quite seen anything like it.

Pretty sure he mains Falco, but I believe he's also pretty well-versed with Fox.

Engo

Smash Ace
I talked with some of the mexicans during their stream a week ago(I speak spanish) and people coming with Zavage are

Eniss
SantaFe
JorgeBB

All apparently really good and keep up with Javi. I've only seen Eniss and his fox is dirty. At least as good as SFAT.

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
If there are enough good Japanese and Mexican players, when they combine with the good Euros I feel like US vs World could actually be a pretty good crew battle.

leffen

Smash Champion
just went 3-4 vs armada in wfs (pal). I had him 4-2 with a 1 stock lead with him at 100+ but I choked some easy punishes. Lost GF 4-1 though, lost my momentum. Oh and I JV5 (as in 4 stocks 5%) tomber in lf.

Trust me when I say that Im winning this. Armada is done in NTSC, and so is Mango, PP, Hbox and everyone else.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
zavage is gonna get dunked on

calling it now
Man, I dunno. I think people really underestimate just how good Mexico truly is.

I talked with some of the mexicans during their stream a week ago(I speak spanish) and people coming with Zavage are

Eniss
SantaFe
JorgeBB

All apparently really good and keep up with Javi. I've only seen Eniss and his fox is dirty. At least as good as SFAT.
Haven't seen SantaFe or JorgeBB play (Eniss is def legit tho) but I know Zavage is sick too. I'm betting they're just a really really solid crew.

And tbh, I thought leffen would probably do quite well this tournament. Hope you're at your best!

Though 4 stocks, 5% isn't quite th definition of a JV5 LOL

stelzig

Smash Lord
just went 3-4 vs armada in wfs (pal). I had him 4-2 with a 1 stock lead with him at 100+ but I choked some easy punishes. Lost GF 4-1 though, lost my momentum. Oh and I JV5 (as in 4 stocks 5%) tomber in lf.
Tomber got to LF? That wobbling. How many were there/results? :)

leffen

Smash Champion
Tomber beat IVP 3-2, and android 3-0, and then lost 4-0 to me

results were
1.armada
2. leffen
3.tomber
4. AJP
5. IVP
5. Dev (fortfeit)

Top Bottom