• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Oh. Nice. Well good ****, tomber. Looks like eagle didn't do quite so hot at this tournament. Thanks leffen :)

Edit: And AJP in 4th? Well I guess the dev forfeit helped, but I didn't see that coming either :O

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
top 10 in no particular order:

armada
mango
pp
hbox
m2k
axe
kk
javi
hax
shroomed
I don't know about shroomed at this point. I'm not 100% sure of this, but the past couple tournies, hasn't sfat, ppu, and wes been doing better? Correct me if this is wrong, not really sure. and then idk about Hax, mainly cause of Falcon himself.

jerflip

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about shroomed at this point. I'm not 100% sure of this, but the past couple tournies, hasn't sfat, ppu, and wes been doing better? Correct me if this is wrong, not really sure. and then idk about Hax, mainly cause of Falcon himself.
eh

shroomed eliminated sfat at kings of cali

also he placed 4th above ppu and wes

JPOBS

Smash Hero
How is the stream going to be run during the pool rounds?

IMO all GF of bracket pools should be streamed

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Campbell X:

1: PewPewU $275
2: Westballz $125
3: SFAT $75
4: Shroomed $25
5: Phil
5: Alvin
7: Alan
7: Germ
9: Scar
9: Berto
9: Sung
9: Bob$

So I'm a bit unsure myself. He's still getting high places, and he certainly has the talent, but he's been a bit inconsistent among the top finishers. Guess he's just gotta step it up when Apex rolls around!

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Oh BTW Stelzig. One day I was name-searching and found my name on a Danish Smash forum. I found these posts:

Tak det var en dårlig flaco jeg slog. Var dog irriterende når han ligesom Oskar spammede sin lasergun.
Det ændrer jo desværre bare ikke på at det er spillere som m2k som folk helst vil se til turneringen og ikke falco-mainen maskedsheik
I happen to speak a little Swedish. JAG VET VAD DU SA

OR JEG OR WHATEVER YOU SÄGA I DANMARK

I'M SUPER RETIRED BUT IF WE EVER ATTEND THE SAME TOURNAMENT AGAIN I DEMAND A MONEY MATCH

(but seriously LMAO)

(var jag verkligen en sån laserspammare? lol)

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
Campbell X:

1: PewPewU $275
2: Westballz $125
3: SFAT $75
4: Shroomed $25
5: Phil
5: Alvin
7: Alan
7: Germ
9: Scar
9: Berto
9: Sung
9: Bob$

So I'm a bit unsure myself. He's still getting high places, and he certainly has the talent, but he's been a bit inconsistent among the top finishers. Guess he's just gotta step it up when Apex rolls around!
Yeah this is actually what i was thinking of. I remember this and 1 other local that Shroomed lost to SFAT. What ratio with Shroomed vs PPU?

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Shroomed just won a tournament last week with SFAT and PPU at it also, and there's another one going on today

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Shroomed just won a tournament last week with SFAT and PPU at it also, and there's another one going on today
lol man those cali tournaments are hard to keep on with. Not to mention they rarely post results, and I haven't seen many vid threads either...

stelzig

Smash Lord
MaskedSheik AND MaskedMarth? ppfffft. Choose a character already, lol.

We both sucked. I dunno if you were. I just said when you were. You probably were. lol.

Sure we can moneymatch if you come to europe some day.

On-topic: Armada got this. ;)

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
Haha I'm MaskedFalcon on some boards too, it's horrible.

Predictions:

Armada wins unless he plays Dr. PP
Javi will not lose to anyone but Armada, Mango, Hbox, or Axe.
Leffen will upset some S or A tier player
Westballz > M2K if they fight in bracket

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Oh. Nice. Well good ****, tomber. Looks like eagle didn't do quite so hot at this tournament. Thanks leffen :)

Edit: And AJP in 4th? Well I guess the dev forfeit helped, but I didn't see that coming either :O
I probably would've lost to Dev, but I got to 5th on my own. No idea how...
Leffen, do you know if there was a stream or when or if videos will come out? Excited to see you make progress against Armada.
Nope.

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
Shroomed won a NorCal tourney like a week ago or so. He went Marth and sheik the whole time I think

:phone:

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
In norcal

Shroomed >> PPU in h2h
Shroomed < SFAT
Shroomed < Zhu
Shroomed >> everyone else in norcal

Battlecow

Play to Win
Trust me when I say that Im winning this. Armada is done in NTSC, and so is Mango, PP, Hbox and everyone else.
money where your mouth is bro

I'm betting you won't get top 5

also norcal has that doc XP shroomed might still stomp people from out of his region

might be washed up until he KICKS IT UP A NOTCH though (which for shroomed is like 13th/17th that guy's a monster)

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
QFT.

Mexico has the highest proportion of players that will beat you down.
socal

norcal

edit: Man, you live across the continent, in another country from the people you're supporting. I'm an IRL n00b for even considering your "analysis" of mexico's scene

edit 2: Actually, I wouldn't believe it even if you did live in mexico, NEVERMIND

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
socal

norcal

edit: Man, you live across the continent, in another country from the people you're supporting. I'm an IRL n00b for even considering your "analysis" of mexico's scene

edit 2: Actually, I wouldn't believe it even if you did live in mexico, NEVERMIND
To be fair, I said highest proportion. Cali just has a lot of players, hence a lot of good ones too. Mexico has like 10 players, all of whom will beat you down. Besides, no one from outside of Mexico can "beat you down"; that's just the nature of their play style.

I think that's a fair enough argument lol

Landry

Smash Ace
lol @ Mexico

I guarantee California has not only a higher top placer than Mexico but also more people overall in the top 12.

Landry

Smash Ace
^^obviously

I wasn't trying to ballsy at all. I don't even know how this Mexico vs Cali thing started but its ****ing stupid, imo.

SoCal and NorCal alone are also better than Mexico.

edit: I thought about it and I think the reason Mexico is getting hyped is because they play in a bubble. The one time they stepped out of that bubble Javi was able to get 4th at Apex (obviously an impressive feat). Still, one tournament result isn't enough to give them this much hype.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
lol it's not something to analyze

Mexico WILL beat you down.

LOL yes! This exactly. There's no "Socal/Norcal vs. Mexico" - it's just Mexico will beat you down, and they won't discriminate.

Landry

Smash Ace
w/e

anyone wanna back up this Mexico smack talk with some cash? I bet PP will outplace all Mexican players.

edit:
@KrazyKnuz - $25?

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I bet that PP will get knocked out by a Mexican player not named Javi.

Then PP is gonna really dislike Mexico lol.

Top Bottom