• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
i actually think all those mistakes/mishaps/unforeseen stuff were potential game changers

but that's just high level play for you

imno

Orenishii88

Smash Rookie
if M2k doesnt watch gurren lagann he will get 9th. if he does, 1. mew2king.
however.
PP already has the champions mentality. without watching gurren lagann. if he watches it then he will embrace spiral power and go all thru 2013 without losing a tourney. CALLING
IT
NOW
******ES

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
New topic of discussion is how many RU-Hungry Subs will I eat that weekend
Seven. Don't let us down.

on second thought...

What's everyone's thoughts on a completely new person taking the whole thing? Impossible or bound to happen? (Axe, Javi, gucci, etc)
As far as placing in the top 5 Axe and Javi both have very legitimate chances (maybe gucci does too but I've never seen him play so...). However I just don't see them getting past all of the elite 4. I feel like they both have a decent chance against you and PP, but the way the two of you have evolved since Apex 2012 I have to side against them.Also, I don't see either of them beating Armada or Mango. Armada is too damn good against spacies, and Mango's falco should be able to handle Javi. Axe COULD possibly by some chance take out Armada but I don't see him getting past mango. Between the two though I feel like Axe has just as much chance of taking it all as Javi does but I just don't see it.

Also, Kirbykaze is worth mentioning as a possible "surprise" winner if he gets into the right mindset. He probably has a better chance than Javi or Axe to be honest with you. And of course there's mew2king but he's not really completely new, but he has a damn good chance nonetheless.

Biglard

Smash Journeyman
I don't see anyone "new" winning against at least two players among Armada/Mango/PP/HBox/M2K... So I assume the answer is no.

I have no clue about Japanese players (except Kou) though, and the same goes for most Mexican players. I might be wrong then. We'll see that very soon!

PB&J

Smash Hero
This was too good.

What hbox said: I think someone else winning it is bound to happen one day,why not next week at apex and if that does happen i go for javi :)

I guess we will see once everything goes down. I know day 2 of the tourny there will be alot of people jumping on bandwagons of certain players. Happens every tourny.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Battlecow said:
I feel like absolute skill is a valid metric for GoAT status

by your definition wilt chamberlain or someone would be the best basketball player of all time
off topic but. . .no (not necessarily at least). my no is to the second part. it's valid, but silly and not worth discussing in activities that have long lifespans (be they sports or games)*. absolute skill is clearly an important criterion but it's pretty obv why people place value on relative skill

* unless the game/sport experienced limited evolution

Landry

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt Javi could take it all. I don't even think he'll be top 5. This is the Amsah debate all over again.

edit: I do think he'll likely be top 12, though

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean I seriously doubt too, that's what I said

seems arrogant to discount the possibility that the mexicans were telling the truth about him being rusty last time

even the people who do think of him as gimmicky are now saying he's a ringer for top 10

Skler

Smash Master
Here's how I see the bracket going for me.

First game (last seed but I MADE IT) vs Hbox: 2-0. My arrows blot out the sun and he can't even get close.

Second game vs Dr. PP: 2-1. Close game but I win because of some AWESOME bthrow spin spike combos my little sister taught me.

Third game vs Darc: 0-2. Not my fault, he picked G&W so of course he was going to win.

Toooooool through the loser's bracket....

Grand Finals vs The Pink Reaper: First set is 3-2, second set is a grueling Link vs Kirby match, but the during the last stock of the game, as PR is attempting a swallowcide on DL64, a meteor crashes through the roof. The Mayan's were off by just a short time; the apocalypse is now. As debris rains down on the crowd and cities are swallowed whole by the gaping maw that was once the Earth's crust, PR and I continue to play.

Tapping out of his swallowcide I begin to recover, but he lands an upB just as I get near the edge. The crowd lets out a shocked gasp as Link begins plummeting towards the bottom of the stage. Meteor cancelling, I return to the stage just as another real-life meteor (can't be cancelled) smashes through the projector screen as the crowd cheers. The screen is destroyed, but we were both prepared for this. Playing based on the sounds of the game alone, our duel continues.

Sweat drips from our brows as we attempt to land the killing blow when the floor cracks and a chasm forms between us. Controller cords stretched to the limit (we didn't get the white ones with the extra long cords so it isn't too far), our minds are still focused on the match. The speakers keep playing the sounds of our battle. Suddenly, the floor gives way and we fall, the speakers and cube tumbling after us.

Fortunately extension cords were used at the tournament, so the game continues. No longer scared of death, we tap our controllers and deftly maneuver without the need for a screen or solid ground. Down and down we plummet, until we can see a red glow. A molten river of magma awaits us below, and the air is growing ever hotter. As our hands begin to burn, the game ends.

"This game's..." the speakers belch forth. By now our hands are covered in burns, and the cords of the controller have caught fire. The gamecube remains, seemingly unscathed, though the speakers are showing some wear.

"Winner is..." I take one last glance at the world above. A brilliant light flashes across the night sky. An airplane? I wish it was like a shooting star. "I could really use a wish right now," PR whispers, clearly understanding my thoughts. All falls silent, and the only sound is the whirring of the Melee disk in the Gamecube. Time seems to freeze as the announcer speaks again.

"Link!"

PR flashes his big, bedroom eyes, and one last noise is heard before all goes quiet.

"Good game...

friend."

tl;dr: Pretty sure I win Apex.

Shellshock821

Smash Apprentice
What's everyone's thoughts on a completely new person taking the whole thing? Impossible or bound to happen? (Axe, Javi, gucci, etc)
I personally want Axe to win the whole tournament. He's good, and I think he can beat Dr. Peepee, though I definitely don't think it would be easy for him. I also hate to say it, but I think he can beat you too Hbox if you haven't truly gotten the Young Link matchup down. A lot people throw out that they want Javi to win, but I actually think if Javi and Axe meet in bracket then Axe is going to win.

The main problem I see with Axe is him getting past Mango and Armada in the Elite Four. He also is going to have a tougher time against a lot of the lower tiered players (M2K, Kirbykaze, etc) on account of playing Pikachu, but there's nobody that I think is an automatic win against him. I know his chances aren't high based on his past performances, but I shall have faith.

Also even though I said earlier that I think if Axe and Javi meet in bracket that Axe will win, I'd love for Javi to win the tournament as well. I'm a Fox main so I obviously support any Fox players that can win something this big. I also should note I don't think it's impossible for a person outside the Elite Four to win, but it's highly unlikely considering how good those four are.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Here's how I see the bracket going for me.

First game (last seed but I MADE IT) vs Hbox: 2-0. My arrows blot out the sun and he can't even get close.

Second game vs Dr. PP: 2-1. Close game but I win because of some AWESOME bthrow spin spike combos my little sister taught me.
Impossible.

There's absolutely no way the TOs would allow for there to even be a MINUSCULE POSSIBILITY of Hbox vs PP in Round 2, which would be happening if your bracket happened but you lost to Hbox instead of winning.

Atlus8

Smash Master
I'm going to predict that the loser of WF will get eliminated before they can make it back to Grand.
If the loser of WF has to immediately play their Losers Finals match then yes! I always prefer to have WF before Losers-semi since it gives the loser of WF some time to clear their head if they are coming from a loss!

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Impossible.

There's absolutely no way the TOs would allow for there to even be a MINUSCULE POSSIBILITY of Hbox vs PP in Round 2, which would be happening if your bracket happened but you lost to Hbox instead of winning.
Not to mention the ridiculous thought of Skler and Hbox being paired up in the first round. No way the TOs would let a potential GF set be ruined like that.

I'm convinced Skler's gonna take this.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
A new list based less on who I think is the best and just more on what I feel in my gut

1. Armada
2. DrPeePee
3. Mango
4. Hungrybox
5. Leffen/Mew2king
7. Javi/Axe

Kite91

Mada Mada Dane
A new list based less on who I think is the best and just more on what I feel in my gut

1. Armada
2. DrPeePee
3. Mango
4. Hungrybox
5. Leffen/Mew2king
7. Javi/Axe
leffens good but i dont see him beating m2k. tho now i wanna see axe vs javi, axe vs leffen, javi vs leffen

:phone:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
leffens good but i dont see him beating m2k. tho now i wanna see axe vs javi, axe vs leffen, javi vs leffen

:phone:
I didn't say He'd beat M2k, I think they'll tie for the same spot. The two matches I wanna see the most are Javi vs Armada, and Kirbykaze vs Armada.

Top Bottom