• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
Alright, so then stay in Socal and play board games with your best friends if you're gonna be a chode about practicing for Apex.
Hugs spitting that truth
just like in the commentary when you lost to PP. Step it up Mango.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
So back to the predictions....

Subject to change, I'll probably have a final prediction the day before the tournament starts.

1. Armada
2. PP
3. Hungrybox
4. Javi
5. Mango
5. Axe

Construct

Smash Journeyman
HugS' commentary was beyond ********.
You didn't listen to it all the way, did you. Here, let me link the part I was referring to in particular: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm2LKbO5evo&t=13m35s onwards

Honestly, that video has probably one of my favorite commentaries of all time. It goes from Hugs being head over heels in love with Mango, to him calling him on his bull**** and being clearly disappointed in him. But I'm not surprised that you didn't understand that, or have the patience to actually watch the video.

Mahone

Smash Champion
why did everyone hate on hugs commentary, i thought ken was just as biased but no one said **** about that

and idgaf if both of them were super biased, its melee commentary, what should they talk about instead, what l canceling is?

The Business

Smash Journeyman
why did everyone hate on hugs commentary, i thought ken was just as biased but no one said **** about that

and idgaf if both of them were super biased, its melee commentary, what should they talk about instead, what l canceling is?
because all new people know who ken was and don't know who hugs was.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I thought that commentary was cringe worthy. I think anybody could tell that. It wasn't the end of the world, it just wasn't enjoyable. My ears didn't bleed and I can still hear to this very day.

Mahone

Smash Champion
im not gonna say its the best commentary, i just didnt think it was bad, i found it funny cuz it was just ****ing ken and hugs randomly commentating in 2012

dkuo

Smash Lord
its reasonable that biased commentary is cringe-worthy for people who take melee commentary super serious ~_~ otherwise its pretty funny

also this thread is too much lol x_x using 'care level' to explain results is pretty much the ultimate defense-mechanism/rationalization john. the fact that mango cant vocalize whether he cares or not right now (and stick to his words) and has to wait until the results happen should say something to us. or he's just ****ing around with the community's emotions lmao

but i mean...at the same time nobody is expected to be super invested in melee 100% of the time so meh. i think everyone knows what it's like to drop your care during a set whether or not its via rationalization. sooo i wont complain if he says he doesnt care or w/e...
because regardless of all that pp will still take this 8D

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
I'm not sure why "bias" would be a dealbreaker. If you're happy listening to people with long roots in the community chat over a video game, Ken and HugS gave you what you wanted. And if you wanted informative commentary, Ken and HugS obviously have nothing to say about today's metagame whether or not they're biased.

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
Im really hoping M2K places well I love him more than the other top 5. I just hope he doesn't meet Wobbles in bracket again.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
But rises again, harder and stronger
I would've gone with faster and even more technical here ;)

@S2J: As long as were clear that 1.6 is clearly the worst of the versions that are fun to play, everything is fine. 1.3 is the one I started playing with, so I'm kinda nostalgic to it in particular, but 1.5 was great as well (and probably the version I've spent the most time playing) :D

@Caring or not caring - Mango: I don't particularly care. Even if Mango claims to not try, he's still entertaining to watch <3
Although if somebody doesn't care, and fails to win for that reason he's just as good or bad as somebody who does want to do better but can't do so for whatever reason. The only thing determining player skill to me is some average over his recent tournament results (median / average mean / some weird mixture... I don't really go for a scientifically sound method, just gut feel ;) )... if I can't expect Mango to care, I expect Armada / Peepee to win, which makes them the better players.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I just feel bad for Battlecow being so nice and then getting **** on
for real lol

watch him get 17th and not make enough to pay me back for his entry fee

and then die of alcohol poisoning the next weekend

also lol @ the people who "don't blame mango" because "his fans are so bad." I mean, begging the dude's kind of obnoxious, but he straight up said "I'm going to go all falcon unless you beg me" lol

Landry

Smash Ace
Nah, he'll probably play Falco/Fox/Falcon he's just trying to establish the "I don't care" johns early.

You're gonna body him either way.

Battlecow

Play to Win
He said he was, then that he was unless people begged him not to, then who knows

basically he'll do what he does and he's gonna get 3rd/4th place

MaNg0

Smash Hero
going marth

yol0

but in all honesty ill play whoever the crowd wants me 2

since ill prob not care

might as well play what you guys want me 2

Mahie

Smash Lord
going marth

yol0

but in all honesty ill play whoever the crowd wants me 2

since ill prob not care

might as well play what you guys want me 2
What if the crowd wants you to win ? Will you ? Or is that too much to ask for?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
ROFLLL im only talking like this cause i havent practiced.. so if apex was 2morrow id get spanked

but ima go up to norcal and practice a lot

so should be all gravey

unless i end up playing cs go the whole time

Top Bottom