• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
while I am good in the peach matchup i don't think im THAT much better in it than my other matchups. I never play any peach other than armada and we don't often play anyway.

im gonna ****ing **** at apex. that's all im gonna say for now. You can give me whatever ****ty seeding or pool or whatever, you could even place me up against armada. there a single player I think I can't beat, and I'm gonna prove it.

You can also expect me to post a ntsc mm against armada that I'm gonna win. Hate all you want
I believe in you Leffen.

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
If somehow in the realm of reality Mango and Leffen played in GFs, I would be happy whoever won. I would probably pull for Mango because #merica, but Leffen is a badass and that would be ****ing awesome if he ran a train at Apex

Sadly I don't think it will happen Leffen :(

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Hax meeting up with Leffen in loser's would be hype.

and would be the best way to knock leffen's *** out

then m2k.

If leffen get's through them these boards are ****ed though.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Leffen vs Hax would be awesome lol.

I also think Leffen vs Bladewise would be really interesting to see.

Battlecow

Play to Win
oh and im also accepting 10 dollar mms from any player, bo5
hax man if you don't do it I lose all respect for you

shame it's only $10 but owell

leffen I'm looking forward to your johns, hopefully this years are as good as last year's

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
that's not how seeding works. That would be punishing the 2nd seed for getting better and becoming the 1st seed by making him play a more difficult opponent. 1st vs 4th, 2nd vs 3rd

Works out well imo, mango/pp battle for america and right to face off against the foreign champ
Nah, pro tennis doesn't guarantee 1v4 and 2v3. The 1st and 2nd seeds are put on different sides, but that's it. Also, I don't think Apex 2013 will go by strict 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5... there is a lot more hype and excitement to be had when there is creative control over the matchups instead of going by the book.

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
i think leffen would beat bladewise

but watching his matches vs overtriforce i am doubtful that he can beat m2k

hope he does well though i like his drive

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
i think leffen would beat bladewise

but watching his matches vs overtriforce i am doubtful that he can beat m2k

hope he does well though i like his drive
1. Leffen just 3-0'd Over at HF-Lan 4 (did I get the name right? something like that), though admittedly Over didn't seem on his top form
2. M2K would presumably go Marth against Leffen anyway, rendering this a moot point

The first set of Apex 2012's Grand Finals. I've never seen Armada getting beaten look like more of an eventuality, as compared to the coin flip-esque wins Mango and PeePee tend to pull off in games. Nature of the characters, frankly.

The fact this is the unique instance of Armada resorting to a secondary also seems inherently fragile.
Respectfully disagree with the first paragraph (we have different perspectives on the Apex 2012 GFs), agree with that last sentence though. We'll see what happens, I guess. Assuming they meet up, which I honestly do hope they do, because as anti-hype as some people find it I just really want to see what happens--whether HBox stays Puff, goes Ness or some other such thing, whether his Puff finally has it figured out or whether Armada breezes through him or what).

Calling it now, they'll do a double-blind character pick and end up doing Ness-Marth or some new bizarro-world counterpick that Armada has come up with as a contingency for the contingency.

PB&J

Smash Hero
Give me Armada round 1 bracket

And on a side note, I don't think I should play M2K in quarters
I agree with you Juan

I Hope plup,Javi,and DJ nintendo destroys everyone's predictions.

And Axe too...Love that guy :)

I also think Leffen is Good but still wont make top 16

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
1. Leffen just 3-0'd Over at HF-Lan 4 (did I get the name right? something like that), though admittedly Over didn't seem on his top form
2. M2K would presumably go Marth against Leffen anyway, rendering this a moot point
I've seen M2K go Sheik way more often than Marth recently, including vs Fox. I didn't see him vs Unknown though, did he go Marth??

Leffen did 3-0 Over but overall I thought his punish game was sort of sloppy/not as good as it could be. It didn't seem like it would be good enough to take on M2K's sheik, or KK's either, actually. Maybe he'll prove me wrong :D

Hax

Smash Champion
hax man if you don't do it I lose all respect for you

shame it's only $10 but owell

leffen I'm looking forward to your johns, hopefully this years are as good as last year's
i want to play him for way more than that. i won't even sit next to him to win $10, let alone $50

unfortunately he doesn't have balls

Battlecow

Play to Win
reasonable enough tbh

you should still take his $10 tho, he's never gonna play you for more

$10 is like 2 family size bags of doritos here in america

that's a good time

that's like 3 good times really

give it some thought

C.SDK

Smash Ace
reasonable enough tbh

you should still take his $10 tho, he's never gonna play you for more

$10 is like 2 family size bags of doritos here in america

that's a good time

that's like 3 good times really

give it some thought
LOL.

I've already made predictions before, but I'm just here to let the masses know (once again) that Mango's gonna take this.

#mangonation

Van.

Smash Ace
rename it the leffen vs. the world **** talk thread

hbox gon win, believe in the prodigy

plup has been to like 2 tourneys this year and he doesn't seem to care/play particularly often :( I don't think he'll lose to reno or anything, but he prob won't run a train like some of you are expecting

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Leffen, everything is set up perfectly for you. Upsets are that much sweeter when you're someone that everyone doubted. So...don't screw it up if you really want it, lol. But you know that.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
This thread is so entertaining. Top 8 will be the top 8 of the western hemisphere.

:phone:

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
I almost sure that everyone doesn't care about top 8, everyone just want a GFs without puff/ylink ... Even I was rooting for Hbox, I was tired as hell. Just like hbox said, put him against armada in R1, armada will get to losers pretty quickly.

Also, with that Ice's Falcon. Can we agree that Armada kinda do worst against Falcon?

#MaNg0nation2013

Landry

Smash Ace
I almost sure that everyone doesn't care about top 8, everyone just want a GFs without puff/ylink ... Even I was rooting for Hbox, I was tired as hell. Just like hbox said, put him against armada in R1, armada will get to losers pretty quickly.

Also, with that Ice's Falcon. Can we agree that Armada kinda do worst against Falcon?

#MaNg0nation2013
I'm not sure this whole "Armada does bad against Falcon" thing will actually come into play at Apex. I really think he'll be polished enough to tear through all the Falcons.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
also leffen, you gotta MM hax! And lovage.

And Yu needs to MM lovage.

and Javi MM Peepee.

So many salt MMs need to happen at this tournament

Armada

Smash Lord
Wow one tournament is enough to prove Ice/Leffen etc is not that good.
Javi doing super well is not enough to prove he is really ****ing good ;)

American logic!

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Wow one tournament is enough to prove Ice/Leffen etc is not that good.
Javi doing super well is not enough to prove he is really ****ing good ;)

American logic!
Also, Mango vs Bladewise never happened. Nope.

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
Also, Mango vs Bladewise never happened. Nope.
I was there when it happened. Don't really care for Mango, but this is meaningless. He threw the set to knock out kels / have a harder bracket. Don't believe me? Mango/Lucky lost first round at the same tourney to a super scrub team and still made it to grand finals.

wiito

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't there a pointing system in the Road to Apex series? Wasn't that for seeding?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
You guys are silly. Leffen will make you cry.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't make top 9. I had heard of the American arrogance but assumed it was limited to coastal metropolises (oh wait)

Battlecow, I'm no fan of Leffen's attitude, but you are silly to say that 2nd in Europe is 33rd in America. Such a placing was the exception, I think, and this year you'll see that.

Tear it up, Leffen.

Stevo

Smash Champion
You guys are silly. Leffen will make you cry.

I'd be shocked if he doesn't make top 9. I had heard of the American arrogance but assumed it was limited to coastal metropolises (oh wait)

Battlecow, I'm no fan of Leffen's attitude, but you are silly to say that 2nd in Europe is 33rd in America. Such a placing was the exception, I think, and this year you'll see that.

Tear it up, Leffen.

I agree

Top Bottom