• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
I said this before but it's worth repeating--y'all are making a lot of assumptions about Javi without actually seeing him play for a year.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
There's no way two Mexican players will take Top 8. I'm not even entirely convinced Javi can get back there.
Big negative on that one. Sounds like Mexico is coming strong to this tournament, and I'm guessing a few of them will make quite a splash. Two in the top 8 is certainly possibly (and I think Javi is a lock as well.)

PB&J

Smash Hero
I love threads like these because when the so called upsets happen @ Apex, the picture on some of you guys faces will be priceless

Jackio

Smash Cadet
Neither off them wants to mm me, I want to mm both.

Well, Hax will only do 200 dollars+, which I simply wont bet because I don't know how much money I'll have at the time, ($1000 trip) because I'd never bet something that I couldn't afford to lose.

Honestly I'm not sure I want to put that much money on the line even if I had the money, because it would force me to shift my focus from winning/getting as far as possible in the real tournament to specifically focusing on beating Hax/whoever

-leffen

Diakonos

Smash Lord
"I'm no fan of leffen's attitude"

"tear it up, Leffen!"

Sounds like we got ourselves a TRAITOR, boys! String 'im up.

no but seriously

you're wrong

I hate this idea of it being "arrogance" or something. Rooting for your team is not the same as being arrogant. Rooting against leffen isn't arrogant, either, it's common ****ing sense, rooting for leffen is like rooting for the bullies in "The Karate Kid"
Well, I can dislike someone's attitude and still want them to tear things up to show up naysayers. No contradiction there.

Being arrogant =/= rooting for your team. But that's not what's going on here. You were making such misguided statements like "2nd in Europe = 33rd in America". Is that rooting for your team? Nah.

My sympathies lie with PP, Armada, and Axe, and not really with anyone else. I'd be happy if Leffen did great and shook up overconfidence in North American players. But I'm not especially in his camp.

leffen vs lovage MM needs to happen

leffen vs hax too
Agreed

Battlecow

Play to Win
leffen vs lovage MM needs to happen

leffen vs hax too
triple agreed

I think they're like all mutually afraid of each other in a big fear triangle

like, leffen doesn't wanna lose a bunch of money, and hax won't do less because he's afraid of losing and getting exposed and he knows leffen won't play for a bunch of money. IDK what's going on with lovage but I assume he's got the same attitude towards leffen that he does towards yu or whoever

Yo Atlus $50 on PP beating javi if they play in a MM or in bracket, what do you say?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
triple agreed

I think they're like all mutually afraid of each other in a big fear triangle

like, leffen doesn't wanna lose a bunch of money, and hax won't do less because he's afraid of losing and getting exposed and he knows leffen won't play for a bunch of money. IDK what's going on with lovage but I assume he's got the same attitude towards leffen that he does towards yu or whoever

Yo Atlus $50 on PP beating javi if they play in a MM or in bracket, what do you say?
You love putting money down on smash. You've introduced me to the smash betting scene lololol

v PJSalt

Hax

Smash Champion
if i threw in a case of proactiv would u do it

you'll lose $200 but atleast you wont look like a pizza

leffen

Smash Champion
lols

we all know that youre scared of getting exposed hax, but whatever.

hopefully we'll play in bracket

same goes for you lovage

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
**** just got real in this thread

also, perhaps we should do an 8-man round robin of the top 8. That way everyone can see the sets they want to see!

THIS! please

MMs should be while pools are playing, sometimes we don't want to see pools or just the hype matches.

Also, Mango should AT LEAST MM Armada with his Falcon, I'm mostly sure he will go Fox just for the crowd, even some people want his Falcon

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm pretty hyped for Mexico. =)

LMAO leffen

>doesn't accept MM
>says his opponent is afraid of getting exposed

strawhats

Smash Master
mango should just do whatever it takes to beat armada...fox/falco/falcon/puff(idgaf at this point, just win )

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah much as I would like to I can't lay all of the blame on leffen here

not everyone has the guts to do huge money MM's even if they think they can win, if they offer at least like $20 and you don't take it it's on both of you IMO

hax's $200 thing might be another way of copping out

or maybe he legitimately does not want to sit next to leffen for less than 200, LOL

MUTUAL COWARDICE

yo musashi I see you watchin this thread are you gonna take lovage's $100 MM?

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i mean either hax is only saying $200 because he doesn't expect leffen to take it, or

he actually can afford that much, in which case it's not exactly cool to flaunt your privilege...

The Business

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i mean either hax is only saying $200 because he doesn't expect leffen to take it, or

he actually can afford that much, in which case it's not exactly cool to flaunt your privilege...
since when is it not cool to flash your paper in everyone's faces? isn't that what all the rappers do?

Battlecow

Play to Win
LOL are you serious he's not 11 years old

this is a first world country, having $200 in the bank is not "privilege," it's "living not all that far below the poverty line"

ZeldaFreak0309

Smash Journeyman
i'm just saying that not everyone has $200 to bet on a game of smash, if you do, good for you, but i think it's kind of ****ty to make people feel like a coward because they can't afford it

leffen

Smash Champion
LOL. Listen, I cannot guarantee that I will have 200 dollars at the time.

The reason Hax is refusing to play unless he gets 200 dollars on the line is simple

1. Hax hates me as a person and thinks that im an awful player
2. I hate hax as a person but I respect him as a player (im not letting any bias make me ignorant)

So TLDR, Hax fears losing more than he'd enjoy winning, to make this change he wants to make playing it "worth it" by making him winning earn him lots of money, so the chance of losing to me would be acceptable.

And as Battlecow mentioned he knows I can't risk putting up so much money simply because of how expensive the trip is there, and is essentially buying himself out of looking "scared" by putting stupid amounts on the line.

This game has never been about earning money from me, and this MM would be the same. I just want to prove that I'm better. I'd be willing to play just for pride. I'm paying over a thousand dollars (for the third time) just to compete, I'm not (risking) spending another 200 just for a chance to prove myself against a player I'll still likely face in bracket.

If people think that I'm "scared" because I don't take a MM that I cannot guarantee the money for, then guess what, you're ********. I haven't seen any of you pay for yor own trips to Europe, because no American would be willing to take that risk just to prove that he is better, its all about the money for you guys

Just face it, Hax is just scared of playing me for just the sake of proving who's better.

edit: I HIGHLY doubt that Hax would have 200 dollars lying around. It's very likely that he'd need backers to get to 200

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean I wouldn't say "scared" necessarily, I would say "everyone knows he would win and he doesn't need to prove anything but he's willing to make money off of you"

Hax

Smash Champion
leffen said:
edit: I highly doubt that hax would have 200 dollars lying around. It's very likely that he'd need backers to get to 200
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

remember at Genesis 2

when we MM'd and i asked to do either $5 or $10, can't remember

you said "no i can only do $2"

i beat you 3 stock/30% game 1 but then i was called for a tournament match

so i told you we wouldn't continue and to just keep your money

do you even think when you post

leffen

Smash Champion
that was because I literally only had 2 dollars in my wallet.
you think I'd spend $2000 on a three week road trip in cali but I couldn't afford doing a 5 dollar MM?
and your lies about that match are still hilarious, nonetheless it was against my secondary and as you said, for 2 dollars

oh and how is that even relevant to my post
its not like im trying to say that I was better at g2, and certainly not that my secondary was
or to the statement that YOU don't have 200 dollars lying around (having 10 dollars at genesis 2 doesn't prove that you have 200 now lmfao)

Top Bottom