• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Top ten at Apex 2013 predictions.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
I predict a huge upset and armada not making top 8, and axe taking it with javi in 2nd and mango in 3rd

At least, I hope :/
I can totally see this happening, except I would place Mango at 1st and Axe at 3rd.

I never quite understood how people can say "axe top 10 fo sho" and then "lol leffen/europe 33rd" when axe ALSO placed 33rd at apex
To be fair, I think you're going to do really well this tournament. But Axe has been doing incredibly well this year, and I'd be surprised to see him place lower than 7th. The other Europeans, tbh, I'm not so sure (besides Armada).

jajaja, (Y)
lol, so does this mean you accept? XD I gotta see this MM if it happens.

Also, I think Strong Bad is going to do really well too. That DK is 2 gud. Honestly I think it's just a matter of time before he starts getting Bum-like results and placing real high.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ad hominem involves insulting or belittling one's opponents in order to invalidate their argument, which I'm not trying to do.

I'm just saying, I think you making fun of me for getting 33rd, is pretty ****ing pathetic considering your standing. Not trying to make anyone think that I didn't get 33rd lmao
you're trying to shut me up (when all I'm doing is stating facts) by saying i'm a worse player than you (which I am, congrats, you're better than an above average MW player). by that logic, should KK come in here, quote your ******** posts and say you suck because he outplaces you and you should stop posing? no because he's not AN ABSOLUTE PIECE OF **** like you are leffen

$10 MM in both games

krazyknux: i'm hoping for top 64, which may be really hard or really easy because of the stupid variance of a 128 man bracket.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
krazyknux: i'm hoping for top 64, which may be really hard or really easy because of the stupid variance of a 128 man bracket.
Oh you got this. I watched some of your vids and honestly think you're on the cutting edge of being a high-leveled player. Keep it up! =D

The Star King

Smash Hero
Obviously the biggest perk of being the best in a video game is the right to tell anyone and everyone to shut the **** up

I like this system Leffen is proposing here

leffen

Smash Champion
you're trying to shut me up (when all I'm doing is stating facts) by saying i'm a worse player than you (which I am, congrats, you're better than an above average MW player). by that logic, should KK come in here, quote your ******** posts and say you suck because he outplaces you and you should stop posing? no because he's not AN ABSOLUTE PIECE OF **** like you are leffen

$10 MM in both games
I'm not trying to shut you up at all, all im doing is pointing out is how silly you look when you're "JUST STATING FACTS" because both of us know that your intent is not to educate the public, your intent was to jump on the hate train of "LOL EUROPE GOT 33RD FREE!!one" because I was an *** to you earlier. And its pathetic, what you're doing.

Also, if you want to give me your money, then fine. I should use this more, peoples hatred always makes them blind.

Armada

Smash Lord
Maybe SWF should only have posts by Armada then.

:awesome:
Awesome!

About seedning. Making brackets based on "what will the crowd like" is super stupid and should not be a option at all. "Fun" is completely based on what you see as fun so impossible to make everyone happy. And it's a tournament not some random event to entertain everybody as much as they possible could wish for.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
I don't speak spanish but I've played enough online games with spanish people in them to tell that Javi accepted the $50 money match with PP.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
haha yeah, I could maybe translate it as "hahaha thumbs up" which means idkwtf.

I think it means he accepts, and I think he also called Peepee free.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I never quite understood how people can say "axe top 10 fo sho" and then "lol leffen/europe 33rd" when axe ALSO placed 33rd at apex
yeah, he placed 33rd and then got 3rd at some stacked tourneys. You placed 33rd and then got the same results you always have. Why should we move you up for doing nothing?

Oh, and if javi's 4th seed, you're 33rd seed for sure.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't speak spanish but I've played enough online games with spanish people in them to tell that Javi accepted the $50 money match with PP.
Noice. Leaning towards PP winning but who knows.

Also

iirc, a lot of people thought Nietono would win Apex Brawl, then he got 2nd, so the predictions weren't way off lol
Just realized my mistake, I totally meant Brood. LOLOL my bad

The Business

Smash Journeyman
leffen ppl are saying that axe will get top 10 because they've seen axe get top 3 at major tournaments this year.

they saying you'll get 33rd cuz they're haters and never see u play.

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
yeah, he placed 33rd and then got 3rd at some stacked tourneys. You placed 33rd and then got the same results you always have. Why should we move you up for doing nothing?

Oh, and if javi's 4th seed, you're 33rd seed for sure.
He's been getting second almost every time. AND NOW, he brings armada to 1stock or 2 stock high percent, and takes matches. The skill gap there is different from the skill gap here.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I mean he plays with armada all the time, it's the socal effect where no one knows whether s2j or lovage is better because they know all of each other's tricks. If he was actually that good he wouldn't be rocking the 33rd

yeah he's 2nd best in europe (maybe 3rd after amsah)

as we saw at apex 2012, 2nd best in europe gets you 33rd

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
RockCrock gonna make bracket in Melee singles guaranteed. Playing for Ganon/DK mains everywhere

leffen

Smash Champion
I have recently improved my results by quite a bit, so saying I got the same results is kind of ridiculous. And seeing as how you can't get any better results in europe than me without being the best in the world, I'd argue that results can't really be used as an argument for me placing bad.

Oh and while Axe has gotten good placements several times after apex (again, im not trying to discredit him the least!), he also had several similar results BEFORE apex (just like chu dat/amsah/kage etc) but did just as good as me at the tournament (fyi, I also tied with Axe at G2, 17th).

quoting "the socal effect" is HILARIOUS since mango just keeps annihilating socal harder and harder the more they play, while I do better against armada than Mango did last time they played in a much worse version (this is not to mention that mango is a worse player than armada as proved @g2/apex2012, and that he doesnt even use his main)

If there is any player doing as consistently well against Armada that isnt in the top 10, let me know.

and how is s2j or lovage even a question LOL, one gets out of pools the other doesnt >_>

the "if he was that good he wouldnt be rocking the 33rd" is hilaaaarious. What about axe then? If he was that good he wouldnt be rocking the 33rd!

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
S2j and Lovage are around the same level anyways, its not like Lovage and Mango. They play all the time, why isnt Lovage better yet? Because its such a skill gap. He also doesnt play Armada that much, they are in the same country, not the same town(from what I recall its like, 3 hours away or so? Not sure of this fact) They only play alot when they meet in tourney. And with your logic, how do you want him to prove himself? He's beaten Over,Zgetto, and Ice, but cant beat the number 1 player in the world? If thats the case, Axe should have beaten Mango now with what you want expected.

leffen

Smash Champion
Armada lives 7 hours away and I could travel to anywhere else in europe for cheaper than to him (ryanair)

tournaments are around once every 2-3 months, and always in his city (Armada is one of the hosts). I try my best to never miss a tournament, but at the tournaments we never play more than 5 hours, often less than 2 and even less with our mains.

Most of my playtime with armada is the few tournaments where we travel together, where we play plenty when housed.

Just some info for the curious :) not trying to john here at all, im very lucky that armada is as good as he is and that he was willing to play with me even when I was getting constantly 4 stocked

on a side note im playing armada this weekend at a mario party tournament (yes in sweden we have those), if people are interested maybe we could record a NTSC MM?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I have recently improved my results by quite a bit, so saying I got the same results is kind of ridiculous. And seeing as how you can't get any better results in europe than me without being the best in the world, I'd argue that results can't really be used as an argument for me placing bad.

Oh and while Axe has gotten good placements several times after apex (again, im not trying to discredit him the least!), he also had several similar results BEFORE apex (just like chu dat/amsah/kage etc) but did just as good as me at the tournament (fyi, I also tied with Axe at G2, 17th).

quoting "the socal effect" is HILARIOUS since mango just keeps annihilating socal harder and harder the more they play, while I do better against armada than Mango did last time they played in a much worse version (this is not to mention that mango is a worse player than armada as proved @g2/apex2012, and that he doesnt even use his main)

If there is any player doing as consistently well against Armada that isnt in the top 10, let me know.

and how is s2j or lovage even a question LOL, one gets out of pools the other doesnt >_>

the "if he was that good he wouldnt be rocking the 33rd" is hilaaaarious. What about axe then? If he was that good he wouldnt be rocking the 33rd!
I mean no, we can't use your europe results against you. But getting 2nd in europe and "taking games off of armada" doesn't mean much at all. bizarroflame took games off armada. 2nd in europe is 33rd in america. The reason axe gets rated high and you don't is that he's placed well since then. If you place well at apex 2013 I'll have to reevaluate your skill (grudgingly, of course, because I, like literally everyone else you've ever met, dislike you more intensely than can strictly be considered reasonable).

And yeah, watching you play an ntsc mm against armada would be interesting. Please do record.

leffen

Smash Champion
" The reason axe gets rated high and you don't is that he's placed well since then."

"I mean no, we can't use your europe results against you"

lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
How is that using them against you? We're using them as they should be used. 2nd in europe->33rd at apex. pretty clear. If you were getting like 7th I'd have you not making bracket. You keep your 33rd by pulling those 2nds. You haven't placed as well as axe has since, because a 2nd at HF-LAN is not nearly as impressive as a 3rd at KoC.

Amsah was a great player. Non-armadic europe has since declined, as evidenced all of 'em getting them 33rd.

leffen

Smash Champion
Amsah got 3rd at Pound 4.

Its pretty obvious that you're just trolling, but its just funny to **** your arguments to do it so i'll do it anyway.

What's to say that Europe has not gotten better since after Apex?
Would you agree that you could get 2nd in europe and still be the second best player? (or at least top 5)

Ryobeat

Smash Ace
2nd in europe->33rd at apex. pretty clear. If you were getting like 7th I'd have you not making bracket. You keep your 33rd by pulling those 2nds. You haven't placed as well as axe has since,

Amsah was a great player. Non-armadic europe has since declined, as evidenced all of 'em getting them 33rd.
What? So if he gets 2nd, he gets 33rd. if he gets 1st, he's the best player in the world? How do you even compare that? And WHAT?! What do you mean they all getting 33rd? IT WAS ONE TOURNAMENT. You would need more evidence. if thats the logic going in to this, then if Leffen's grandfinals set with Armada consisted of 5 matches, he got 1stocked 3 times, and then a 2 stock, and then Leffen took a match. That would be better than what Mango did at Apex, getting 1stocked 3 times and not taking a game. If you wanna throw in "Mango Suicided" or something like that, if you look at Leffen's matches, he kills himself too/messes up a kill move and loses. I don't know what you want to expect from leffen.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Apparently placing worse and also being from Europe is enough to take MMs from Hungrybox @Ravenlord.

:awesome:

leffen

Smash Champion
oh yeah, ravenlord was well below top 10 in europe and still made bracket
where u at battlecow ololol

and DAT SALT

m2k is gonna defeat hbox in puff dittos 10 dollar on it

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
people are saying axe is gonna do well at apex cuz he got 3rd at FC10R and KoC

apex is gonna be a predominantly american tournament, so getting 3rd at 2 american majors can EASILY be used to guess performance at apex

americans are americentric, so we don't really know what consistently getting 2nd at EU tourneys means in terms of apex performance

especially after apex 2012

Battlecow

Play to Win
Amsah got 3rd at Pound 4.

Its pretty obvious that you're just trolling, but its just funny to **** your arguments to do it so i'll do it anyway.

What's to say that Europe has not gotten better since after Apex?
Would you agree that you could get 2nd in europe and still be the second best player? (or at least top 5)
There's nothing to say that europe hasn't gotten better since after apex. Maybe europe did, and maybe they'll prove it at A2013. But it hasn't happened yet. Anyone could improve on their performance; we won't know who will until the tourney happens.

Yeah, you could be 2nd best in europe and still be top 5. I wouldn't say top 2 because hbox/peepee both take sets from armada. It's possible.

ryobeat--most people agree that taking games is an iffy-at-best indicator of skill. Lots of great players drop games to players they would never lose tournaments to; hbox vs. vudujin is one example. It is a little shocking that best in europe is best in world and 2nd best is 33 status, but hey, that's how the results went. It would be silly to say that if it was only one or two europeans underperforming, but I think the number of examples we have (over at rom4, literally all of the europeans at apex) indicates an actual skill gap between (north) america's high tier and europe's top-but-not-armada tier.

hbox, why shouldn't you play m2k in quarters? is he not 5th or are you not 4th? or do you just not wanna play him lol

Ballin

Smash Apprentice
If I don't play Javi in bracket for whatever reason I want to $50 MM him

might make a thread for it but either way we ain't leavin the venue without playing again
Don't be so mean man. $50 is like $100000000 in mexico.

Although I love how Javi plays, pretty sure ur gonna tap.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
oh god

Leffen has been improving form what I've watched, but while it seems he has the Peach MU down, he's going to be fighting a lot of really good FFers. We'll see how he does. I doubt top 8 but who knows it could go...one way or the other.

leffen

Smash Champion
while I am good in the peach matchup i don't think im THAT much better in it than my other matchups. I never play any peach other than armada and we don't often play anyway.

im gonna ****ing **** at apex. that's all im gonna say for now. You can give me whatever ****ty seeding or pool or whatever, you could even place me up against armada. there a single player I think I can't beat, and I'm gonna prove it.

You can also expect me to post a ntsc mm against armada that I'm gonna win. Hate all you want

Top Bottom