• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier list for Marth's moves

Doomblaze

Smash Journeyman
I love how your first post is a hugeee *** bump
but i think we need this bumped its a great thread

Dolphin Slash should be lower unless you're playing on battlefield, its crazy punishable : / but it is fun to spam, i played a match against my friends campy *** falco the other day and all i hit him with was dancing blade and dolphin slash (couldnt Fair cause he Side-B'd me so much) and i beat him.

Marths U throw and F throw should be wayy up there, nobody uses marths Uthrow like they should, meh
Jab is good, but its slow compared to everyone elses jabs.

ANYSKY

Smash Rookie
Top Tier

Fair
Dancing Blade
fsmash
nair

High Tier

Up tilt
Fthrow
Bair
dtilt
dolphin slash (top if recovery counts)
Ftilt

Mid Tier

uair
Down smash
Uthrow
Dash Attack
Counter

Low Tier

Dthrow
Shield breaker
usmash

Bottom Tier

jab
Dair
Bthrow

Mine. But then again, I play brawl melee-ish. not ordered

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Anysky I don't like you because you don't like bthrow.
I don't like any of you. Bthrow is top tier on my list. What other throw can do damage just by letting someone go behind you?

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I never did one of these:

Fair
Dtilt
DB

-Upper High
Nair
Dolphin Slash

-Mid High
Uair

-Low High
F-Throw
Jab
Bair

- Middle High
Usmash

- Rest
Don't care

Player-3

Smash Hero
ill give it a ****

fair
db
nair
DS
dtilt
utilt
fthrow
dthrow
usmash
ftilt
uair
jab
ftilt
dsmash
uthrow
counter
dash attack
shield
airdodge
grab pummel
spot dodge
forward roll
backwards roll
Switching to ganondorf on character select screen
bthrow

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
i think... dtilt might be the best move in the game.

the more you use it the more amazing it is =D

fair and db are better but just barely ^_^

*EDIT: ^^ Marth's back roll is actually good

the fact that it's only one spot better than switching to gdorf is madness.

Player-3

Smash Hero
srry bengalz i didnt know that

only reason utilt is above throws on my list is because i dont grab enough
;-:

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
I actually love Back Throw, because the expression on Marth's face is:

"I am using an awful move, and I COULD CARE LESS."

Not to mention, it looks like the torque would break a normal person's arm.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
If it were me, I'd put Uair above Nair, and I don't use Fsmash that much, but when I do, it kills. :ohwell: And I know I Dair too much. I know it wouldn't work on a good opponent....

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Kadaj abuses it the right way

Its just not safe for most of us crappy marth mains but we end up useing it 'cause we theink marth is top tier and we're playing melee and that Mk should be banned and stuff

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Marth's forward smash is actually quite good.
In Marth dittos

It might be better than ftilt, but thats cus ftilt sucks too.

Counter should be higher than both IMO.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
*sigh @ people not realizing the relationship between ftilt and fsmash is similar to that between Fair and Bair, due to the arch of the hitboxes.
Makes sense.

But I don't think that F-smash is as viable as some people say it is.

I love f-tilt though.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
hmmm... iw would switch dolphin slash with dtilt but anyways^^
funny list lol^^

**Havok**

Smash Lord
I think this is what it would look like now:

Top Tier (the exciting stuff)

Fair- For obvious reasons
nair- It puts you in a safe position when you tip it on shield, eats spot dodges
Dancing Blade- Refreshes your moveset, deals decent dmg
Uair- THIS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSC8Ts8LL0 Its a trap.

High Tier (the good stuff)

Bair- Safe kill move
Dolphin Slash- Gets you out of tough situations
Usmash- Best punisher marth has, it does 18%!!! (fresh)
Fsmash- This is alot better then people give it credit for, with nair, and just punishing in general.
Fthrow- Positioning
Dthrow- best throw dmg and positioning
Uthrow- For juggling
Dsmash- A surprisingly good punisher where you're in range, deals decent dmg, and can randomly kill if you tippered it

Mid Tier (meh, you have better options but may have its uses)

dtilt- Not as good as it used to be, there are better options than to use this
Jab- this actually has a use in some matchups
F-tilt- Above, its tricker to use though.
U-tilt- Last resort killer. lol.

Low Tier/high tier (the random)

Shieldbreaker- depends on the player, char, it can go as high as high tier.

Bottom Tier (what are you doing?)

counter- too easy to beat on reaction
Dair - only zex makes this good
B-throw - the other throws are just flat out better
Dash attack- its only used in ONE matchup on a regular basis. With that said it might be middle under those circumstances.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Dtilt is not as good as it used to be, people didn't know to react to it before.

Reasons:

Now, people run up and shield, you try to dtilt and you get shield grabbed if they did it right. You can't space it out of its range or it gets punished. There are other moves that are just faster than dtilt and will beat you. When you get hit trying to dtilt you're holding DOWN so when you get hit while trying to execute this move you DI DOWN, it can put you in a very bad position.

Don't believe me? Go look at mikeHaze's videos and see how much dtilting he does. Not much.

It doesn't work to space with it on these characters:
d3- grab range
kirby- grab range
snake- ftilt
metaknight- tornado
diddy- banana
peach- floats
falco- spotdodge
dittos- you'll prolly eat a fair
wario- this might actually do ok vs him
sonic- its just a waste
game and watch- one mistake = dsmash
ike- ftilt
lucario-fsmash
rob- ftilt
toon link- arrow
zsuit- side-B

I'm basing the information vs players like tyrant,haze, dsf, dehf, fiction, mogx, fierce, warp status, hall etc etc.

The reward simply does not outweigh the punishment. It's stacked

All the other player has to do is just move a little back and he's completely safe from this move.

By all means I LOVE dtilt, but it's been a hassle lately. I DO like it at low percents where they connect =)

There are just better options IMHO.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Dtilt is not as good as it used to be, people didn't know to react to it before.

Reasons:

Now, people run up and shield, you try to dtilt and you get shield grabbed if they did it right. You can't space it out of its range or it gets punished. There are other moves that are just faster than dtilt and will beat you. When you get hit trying to dtilt you're holding DOWN so when you get hit while trying to execute this move you DI DOWN, it can put you in a very bad position.

Don't believe me? Go look at mikeHaze's videos and see how much dtilting he does. Not much. - neo uses a LOT of dtilt, there's a severe difference in play style.

It doesn't work to space with it on these characters:
d3- grab range - dtilt should still be used as it outranges his grab, if you're able to dtilt him as he approaches (perfectly spaced) it's good to keep him out. even if he shields you're still too far away
kirby- grab range - grab range? >_> more so that his aerial mobility can **** you up if you commit to dtilt at the wrong time. i still find uses for it though
snake- ftilt agreed
metaknight- tornado agreed
diddy- banana if he doesn't have bananas then you zone him normally, that includes a lot of dtilt. aggro him so he can't take control
peach- floats - agreed for the most part, but if you have her cornered and on the ground she can't do much vs it
falco- spotdodge - no, dtilt is really good vs falco to force a reaction (such as spot dodge) to punish with db
dittos- you'll prolly eat a fair agreed for most part, but i still use it in a lot of scenarios such as following up throws or edge guarding
wario- this might actually do ok vs him yup
sonic- its just a waste i don't know much about the match up, but i do know he has pretty much 0 options if the move touches his shield
game and watch- one mistake = dsmash pros outweigh the cons. i find dtilt is very good vs gw
ike- ftilt -ftilt is ridiculously slow compared to dtilt >_> dtilt definitely wins out
lucario-fsmash again, it's too slow. a better argument would have been his roll, as if you dtilt and he rolls at the same time lucario wins
rob- ftilt - maybe, his ftilt isn't safe though (-14 disadvantage i think)
toon link- arrow uh.... what? arrow? dtilt ***** toon link lol. you're using this in his face not where it's safe for him to projectile you
zsuit- side-B - side b? it's very slow and probably wouldn't even be used at this range. i played warp status a lot a few days ago, dtilt worked very well to force reactions from him and to add pressure

I'm basing the information vs players like tyrant,haze, dsf, dehf, fiction, mogx, fierce, warp status, hall etc etc.

The reward simply does not outweigh the punishment. It's stacked

All the other player has to do is just move a little back and he's completely safe from this move. - yeah, and you successfully added pressure where you can just reset the situation. they're moving back and you're cornering them. mission accomplished

By all means I LOVE dtilt, but it's been a hassle lately. I DO like it at low percents where they connect =)

There are just better options IMHO.
dtilt is top tier, i think neo said he hasn't even mastered the move yet and his dtilt usage is superb.

in a lot of scenarios if dtilt touches the opponent's shield that's it, you're taking damage.

Top Bottom