• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THRILLER: This was it. Congrats to Cao, Amaterasu, Tibs, Shaya, Meteor and Unreon <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
flights were $60 return a month or so ago

let this be a lesson to all... book flights early

druckey

Smash Apprentice

look out for me on the day
- i am terrible at brawl
- i don't expect to win
- i don't intend to try and win
- i like doubles because losing is fun
- i am terrible at brawl

i'll probs have a sign like the one in the picture​

Sounds like I've found a partner :chuckle:

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Since there could be pokemon DP HG SS friendlies, could we maybe have a Pokemon battle revolution setup if there's spare tvs? :3 Ricky brought up this cool idea.

I gotta actually make a better team of Pokemon ;_; not just my favorite ones XD (which are all NU and useless)

Zero

Smash Hero
Pokemon Battle Revolution...

That's a good idea!

A competition! The "who can make the best legit HG/SS team before Thriller" challenge!

inb4 scizor x 4

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Cant you see the move your opponent chooses in battle revolution...
Should do a gen2 poke only matches

tibs7

Smash Champion
because its like 60 bucks to enter and the pot wont be that big and yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh not many people are going.

Gords

Smash Champion
Pokemon Battle Revolution...

That's a good idea!

A competition! The "who can make the best legit HG/SS team before Thriller" challenge!

inb4 scizor x 4
Its called pokesav and you'll never he able to tell the difference if it's done right

</3

I'm not going if you don't go :(.

Respawn seems to be the popular choice lol! :p
your not serious right?
Think how that would make unreon feel.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
I only spent $8 on food for the days of Rocky

<3 $8 all you can eat Chinese

I MEAN, YEAH TED HAS A POINT.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Rocky was backed by CWs and had the participation of many other fighting communities. Thriller is run by Shaya himself and with no major partners in other fighting games IIRC.

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
There's no need to squabble over which one is 'better', I'm positive both are going to be amazing.

tedeth

Smash Master
Rocky's pot was almost three times bigger than the predicted pot for thriller. gg.
Yeah but you won't even make it into the money at thriller so it shouldn't make a difference. GG indeed.

But in all seriousness if you're playing smash to make money you're in the wrong country.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Condog, Rocky was nice because many interstaters supported it. Acting like a smug tournament showpony won't appeal to interstaters that are considering traveling to our tournaments. Swallow your state pride and be more supportive of all events outside of our own.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
who cares about pots
what really makes an amazing tournament is my attendance
and i'm not going so thriller will unfortunately be very depressing, although at least interstaters will be able to talk to people who have talked to me, which is a small consolation
looking forward to watching some good sets on youtube afterwards such as zxv vs cao, zxv vs em and zxv vs tedeth

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its true, I think for money to people comparison, melbourne has the least money to be earnt, and ACT has the most...

by a lot...

get *****...

also I'll make sure dekar comes to ACT so then you get double *****...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
No one should feel the need to **** anyone about stupid topics.

*Enters ******* mod mode*

On topic thanks.

Sieg

Smash Champion
I don't even play in tournaments and I go to tournaments OOS.

You don't go to a tournament to play games, you go to a tournament to meet with the people you spend alot of your time talking to, and you go to have fun and go shopping and socialize and dance in Town Halls.

You make memories that you can tell your kids about when you're old and working Full Time supporting your own family.

Enjoy tournaments. Don't complain about money. You'll have enough time to do that when your **** up to your neck in debt mortgaging your own house.

Alzi

Smash Master
I am going to Thriller so that should be taken into consideration of how much more better the event will be.

unreon

Smash Ace
I don't even play in tournaments and I go to tournaments OOS.

You don't go to a tournament to play games, you go to a tournament to meet with the people you spend alot of your time talking to, and you go to have fun and go shopping and socialize and dance in Town Halls.

You make memories that you can tell your kids about when you're old and working Full Time supporting your own family.

Enjoy tournaments. Don't complain about money. You'll have enough time to do that when your **** up to your neck in debt mortgaging your own house.
Sieg FTMFW <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom