• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THRILLER: This was it. Congrats to Cao, Amaterasu, Tibs, Shaya, Meteor and Unreon <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
You don't go to a tournament to play games

I'd actually spend time arguing that the quality of the tournament is also a big factor, the chance to compete with the nation's best is a big factor, wanting to prove oneself at a competitive level is a big factor etc. but I think I'll leave it because we know the point you're trying to get at. And no, I realise it wasn't an intentional troll :p

Anyway, is there going to be food provided or something? (You guys were talking about food)
Is that why the entry fee is $60?

Also Genesis was $100 American :)

EDIT: Alzi's last post confirms it I guess. I really like venues with food. :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'd actually spend time arguing that the quality of the tournament is also a big factor, the chance to compete with the nation's best is a big factor, wanting to prove oneself at a competitive level is a big factor etc. but I think I'll leave it because we know the point you're trying to get at. And no, I realise it wasn't an intentional troll :p
OMG, I could totally diverge and write a blog about what I think it means to be a tournament organizer and what makes a tournament great. I think I'll do that now; my brain needs to cracking open.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
OMG, I could totally diverge and write a blog about what I think it means to be a tournament organizer and what makes a tournament great. I think I'll do that now; my brain needs to cracking open.
I'll read it as soon as you write it.

Actually it's funny you mention it, today I've been brainstorming ideas about running a national later this year during a meeting for my Business Analysis unit at Uni and I've got this urge to break down the process of organising and running a tournament down into a business process to re-analyse the process I usually go through.

Also been thinking about what I'll call it.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm seeing this issue through marketing perspectives used in best practice today. I'm doing a course at work and the parallels between what we strive to develop and what companies are doing out there, is surprising.

God, we're such TO nerds.

Vermy

Smash Champion
I hear you Cao. I just started my new job today in marketing, and my mind is already starting to work some of the principles into being a TO.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Please don't talk about pointless spending.

I spent like 800 at Rocky lol. I have no idea how much is going to fall from my pocket at Thriller haha.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Double's is going to be lol.
I honestly do wonder how well me and lil' old Alzi will do. :p
I know I'll suck at Pools because I usually do, ah well.
I like Sydney.
Reason enough for me to go.

kupo

Smash Lord
Sieg, how did you manage to spend that much at Rocky? Heck, I didn't even spend that much when I was in America lol! ($400-$500).

Unless you went shopping. Fair enough...otherwise, that's a lot of money spent >_> on ________.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
id rather a bigger pot or cheaper entry fee in favor of buying my own lunch. lunches people buy for me are notoriously low in protein, and i end up buying another lunch anyway.

admittedly, if it wasnt for the thriller dance, i probs wouldnt go to this O_o

I LAG

Smash Lord
$60 bucks to enter
**** that i'm not going

edit: also Melbourne always say they are going to go the majors then pullout.
cant believe no one from Melbourne went to squat and pretty much everyone in Qld went to rocky.

Alzi

Smash Master
We'll do good in doubles Nova because obviously you will fail hard but i will carry on the team. THERE IS AN I IN TEAM IT'S ME.

Nah only kidding we should do good i mean we will definatly get top 8 in doubles which is good enough.

shmot we can hit up on the gym after thriller to work out or biceps for the last day of thriller so we are pumped.

I LAG just come $60 isn't much.

tedeth

Smash Master
id rather a bigger pot or cheaper entry fee in favor of buying my own lunch. lunches people buy for me are notoriously low in protein, and i end up buying another lunch anyway.

admittedly, if it wasnt for the thriller dance, i probs wouldnt go to this O_o
How do you say whiney sook in Japanese Attila?

Get a better attitude.

Zero

Smash Hero
O ok, sounds cool. I'll check them out with Sieg on Friday I guess.

Ted own3d Attila twice today. That's just loltastic.

tibs7

Smash Champion
@ted:He doesn't care to much, he's just saying what he'd prefer.

Zero's
input about Attila was stupid. He didn't really own him lol. I'll show you own me vs you in brawl ooooooooo

this better be amazing shaya!!!!!!

Sieg

Smash Champion
Sieg, how did you manage to spend that much at Rocky? Heck, I didn't even spend that much when I was in America lol! ($400-$500).

Unless you went shopping. Fair enough...otherwise, that's a lot of money spent >_> on ________.
On too much **** that now litters my very small room.

I want to go clothes shopping when I go down, need new stuff lol.

Then idk. Shopping IS TOO FUN.

tibs7

Smash Champion
if you want a serious match I'll give you one for free, but add money if you realln want to :/

Sieg

Smash Champion
I don't have a credit card but I have atleast $1000 dollars to spend.

Dunno if I want to spend that much though lol.

Wouldn't mind going around though.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Ashley and I stole the crowd at Bryan's party with the Thriller Dance. It was just a taste of things to come.

S.D

Smash Master
$60 bucks to enter
**** that i'm not going

edit: also Melbourne always say they are going to go the majors then pullout.
cant believe no one from Melbourne went to squat and pretty much everyone in Qld went to rocky.
It's less than that if you only play Brawl, which I assume you would.

Alzi

Smash Master
I think Atilla is scared to attend because he will get beaten by my toon link then look bad infront of everyone.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE NOT TO COME TO THRILLER.

It even has tasty burgers as i am told. Who would put down a offer of tast burgers.

Is there a time when we eat shaya?

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
Melbourne always say they are going to *blank* then pullout.
teeheehee

Maybe some people should read the OP and then ask Shaya via pm instead of being all "blarghflargh" in this thread.

I think Shaya will do a great job and I don't really know why people are going "Thriller's 'x' will be bad because blarghflargh".

Ted, I'd like to MM you for the value of $0, is that possible? :]

SummonerAU

Smash Lord
inb4 I get stuck with terrible Yellow Kirby :(

I MEAN, YOU'RE TOTALLY WEARING THE BAD WARIOWARE COSTUME TED. IT'S ON

...at least, I think that's what you mean by colours. Should be fun anyway because I don't think I've played you in aaaaages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom