• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THRILLER: This was it. Congrats to Cao, Amaterasu, Tibs, Shaya, Meteor and Unreon <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i bet it is

but a good ICs is much harder than a good falco
unless you're peach >_>

S.D

Smash Master
I still don't understand why we need DK64. That stage is garbage.

Gaaaaaaaarbage.

Sam's Falco is better than his ICs nowadays anyway.
We need an uneven number of starter stages for stage striking, otherwise someone gets to strike more than the other person. The options were to add DK64 and make it 7 starters, or to drop PS and make it 5 starters. I thought people would prefer to keep PS and simply strike DK64.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
fd
battlefield
yoshi's
dreamland
pk stadium

5 neutrals...

ahh fod
yeh get rid of stadium imo

unreon

Smash Ace
Ahhh, I see SD.

Keep DK64 then. Didn't even think it was that neutral of a stage; just thought it's so hard to recover with Falco/Fox/Marth/CF over there.

Gords

Smash Champion
can someone answer this
Why is peaches castle banned. I thought it was a legal counter in doubles already.

And keep mute city. We have played with it legal in most of our other tourneys and have had no trouble with it.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
peach's castle is ********
thats why it is banned

i agree on keeping mute city though :)

S.D

Smash Master
Peach's Castle has been banned everywhere but Australia for a while now, it's walls make it too strong for characters like fox and it promotes camping, plus the low floor and **** edges, living forever with techs etc etc. I don't really see why anybody would miss it I've never seen it counterpicked by anyone.

Mute City I will keep but it's being dropped a lot now too as it really only benefits Peach and Puff to a large degree and it's a bit ******** with the cars. Most TO's are trying to reduce the impact of stages as a decisive factor in matches.

S.D

Smash Master
Ok I removed Green Greens from counter stages and removed Great Bay and MK2 from doubles.

Still trying to decide whether or not to move PS and DK64 to CP.

Yeah I double post what of it?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
oh so you think you can doublepost whenever you want huh?
maybe I come to thriller and teach you a lesson with my fists huh?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@Pokemon Stadium in Melee: If you want a 5 stage list, set it to counter. At least two of the transformations promote campy play. Think back to Cao vs. Kas at Rocky.

SD you've got the right idea about Kongo being legal. It'll be struck by whoever doesn't want it.

Sieg

Smash Champion
**** man, I told them Turtle was tank. But they wouldn't listen.

Turtle! Or anyone for that matter, $2 Arm Wrestle MM. Attila is coming right? Lol.

**** YEAR. ATTILA, $2 ARM WRESTLE MM.

S.D

Smash Master
**** man, I told them Turtle was tank. But they wouldn't listen.

Turtle! Or anyone for that matter, $2 Arm Wrestle MM. Attila is coming right? Lol.

**** YEAR. ATTILA, $2 ARM WRESTLE MM.
I'll vs you but I bad at arm wrestling, I just good at lifting weights up and down etc.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Hey man, that's all I've been doing for a while lol.

I wanna see how much better I can do in an arm wrestle than I could before lol.

Alzi

Smash Master
Same with me S.D. I suck balls at arm wrestle but good at other stuff etc.

Atilla vs Turtle

We all crowd around in a circle around them to see who wins? Each of them place $2.50 and winner wins the $5.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I agree with above idea, except instead of arm wrestle, its a fight, and its alzi v ilag

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh you are a funny man luke. WHERE YOU AT! WHERE YOU AT!

Nah i don't like violence mixed in with smash tournaments. I go to play smash and to watch others do funny stuff that is all.

Shaya has everything been 100% confirmed for thriller or are you still deciding on dates etc and how much money?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you go to play smash and not talk and be socially ********.
WHERE YOU AT! WHERE YOU AT?

I know where I'm at ;)

swordsaint

Smash Master
Oh you are a funny man luke. WHERE YOU AT! WHERE YOU AT!

Nah i don't like violence mixed in with smash tournaments. I go to play smash and to watch others do funny stuff that is all.

Shaya has everything been 100% confirmed for thriller or are you still deciding on dates etc and how much money?
This post implies you don't mind violence outside of smash tournaments

Alzi

Smash Master
swordsaint is very sneaky and reads a post and trys to find the hidden message inside it which takes him awhile. Have you tried the professor layton games scott? They are good. lol.

Hmm the place were the venue is being hosted seems quite far from were i will be. Oh well.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
so the moment i stop looked at this thread everyone starts talking about my guns? interesting.

havent done an arm wrestle since i was about 8 years old. a little flex sends the challenges running.

<3

tibs7

Smash Champion
Haven't done it for 8 years coz you're scared you'll lose.... To me especially

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh you are still deciding on were to put brawl singles and doubles bracket Shaya it seems.

Man this tournament is going to be the biggest tournament to date imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom