• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This ruleset -is wack-....lol

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yeah sheiks f-air is lyke totally broke and SOOOO STRONGGGGGGGG!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU DI IT!!

lava fox uair though, that sucks?

ROFL@u saying sheik camps better than fox. ever play a good campy fox with sheik?

I dont even mind brinstar? Are you stupid? I like brinstar because I know how to abuse it. perhaps i phrased myself wrong, sheik isnt bad there at all, but no, i dont think she's "very good" as in any better than your average character on brinstar. you just have to know how to play the stage with every character. which is why i didnt ban it.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
She breaks even with/slightly loses to Jiggs and maybe Peach but both of those are still very possible win scenarios. Otherwise she has the advantage over every other character there either by virtue of her already **** match up with them (which can be amplified by the stage I guess) or because of how the stage changes an existing close match up.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
No dude, sheik is not the third best character on brinstar ROFL

i dont even know where you get all these opinions and get off acting like you know more about sheik than i do.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i think fox and falco both do perfectly fine there. i think characters like falcon and ganon are given a BETTER chance than on a neutral due to the opportunities the level can create and because they have slightly better recovery options.

peach and jiggs obviously

luigi also definitely has a better shot on brinstar than a neutral.

Mostly the matchups are similar cuz i think its a pretty neutral level for sheik. ur acting like its this amazing level that a sheik just busts out as a cp and ***** on.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
It works both ways. It helps her recovery, she can still edge guard. The awkward stage layout that can screw with wave shining helps her a lot/she's really hard to get a hold of there (platforms really benefit her camping against the non space animals especially). Lava to huge combo is pretty gay.

It doesn't mean it's super **** for her, but I can't imagine cping to Brinstar would ever help anybody vs. Sheik. In most cases the match up stays the same or gets better for her. This is bad news for the cast because Sheik generally has the upper hand vs. most of them. Which ends up making Brinstar good for her ^^

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I can't really think of a single matchup I would ever think going to brinstar would be good for. I used to think fox/falco til I played competent ones on them who knew the level.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
yeah sheiks f-air is lyke totally broke and SOOOO STRONGGGGGGGG!!! ESPECIALLY IF YOU DI IT!!

ROFL@u saying sheik camps better than fox. ever play a good campy fox with sheik?

I dont even mind brinstar? Are you stupid? I like brinstar because I know how to abuse it. perhaps i phrased myself wrong, sheik isnt bad there at all, but no, i dont think she's "very good" as in any better than your average character on brinstar. you just have to know how to play the stage with every character. which is why i didnt ban it.
lol DI a f-air into what.... an edge guard or lava to another f-air. lol. yeah f-air definitely isn't a move with a strong knockback to do this.

speaking of di you can't usually di away from lava so that you end up underneath the opponent and cant di two hits.

i kinda wanna see a fox camp a sheik on brinstar... considering the stages size and that if you drop off of one platform you are in position right in the opponents face.

edit: i actually had the same sentiments of OP can't believe i missed it. i think the ruleset is pretty good, even removing ps from neutral but the counterpicks just favor sheik way too much therefore corneria and mute should be on.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
ಠ_ಠ

Explain. Wouldn't the needles and splitting the stage and shooting him with needles **** him? His even-worse-than-Sheik's aerial mobility makes competing for the top platform very painful.

`DNS`

Smash Lord
i think fox and falco both do perfectly fine there. i think characters like falcon and ganon are given a BETTER chance than on a neutral due to the opportunities the level can create and because they have slightly better recovery options.

peach and jiggs obviously

Mostly the matchups are similar cuz i think its a pretty neutral level for sheik. ur acting like its this amazing level that a sheik just busts out as a cp and ***** on.
if fox/falco land in the lava they get combo'd to hell and get to like 50%
unless they DI into the opponent's edgeguard

Spife

Smash Master
Yo I agree with Skler, link is bad enough without what ever skler said that isn't helping Link.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
higher knockback and slower fall speed. she doesn't get juggled repeatedly like fox and falco do.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Sheik can shino stall through the acid ^.^

But yeah she only takes one hit usually (2 sometimes if the acid is rising or if hit by Falco Dair or something).

Hax

Smash Champion
brinstar absolutely has to go. 2 legal stages without a wall to grapple = disadvantage link/ylink/samus. plus its the last stage left here where certain characters have significant advantages on

rainbow cruise... eh

shounenkel

Smash Journeyman

Not cool dude!!!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
yeah I changed the thread title. I dunno, sucks just kinda caught my attention this time for some dumb reason and I was like "eh, maybe I shouldnt leave that there."

__

I dont give a **** if you guys continue to discuss/fight/fox-ditto-on-FD about the topic, so dont think im tryin to come in here and bust balls or nothing.

I will say that if you dont like how this stage list is, then lols at your future in smash.

(Dont worry, Im not liking this either)

NintendoKing

Smash Champion
One time this guy came over to california for a big tournament, drank my whiskey to help him sleep so he'd be prepared for the tourney, and I never heard from him again.

I think that banning pokemon stadium is dumb. That doesn't mean I think the stage isn't broken as hell for space creatures. The rock stadium is basically **** central for brave foxes that don't mind going into the pit. Wide space between platforms means falcos get to be annoyingly campy. And yeah the ceiling. Still though, </3 for banning THE STADIUM.

As for corneria, I never liked the stupid stage. Broken for the specific reasons of off the top kills, the canon, the left wall being so shallow, and yeah... a wall. Great for fox, I just don't like it.

Mute city... enough said. NEXT.

This topic's probably already been dealt with I just thought I'd throw in my two cents for whatever reason.

Pound 4 Ruleset seems legit enough though.

Oh and brinstar should not be a counter pick.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i still don't see why PS is so broken. stay out of the pit against Fox, otherwise it's pretty neutral. it's more of a stage to be picked for familiarity than for match-up advantage.
it's not banned, btw, it's a CP.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
informing you with a casual "btw" fyi was indeed an offensive insult to your intelligence that required a profane response :(

Hax

Smash Champion
stadium as CP is legit because 2 of its transformations wouldnt even be legal stages if they were isolated. plus the stage as a whole favors foxfalco.

brinstar has to goooo stop being biased plank

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i dont see why favoring falco/fox is even considered in making Pokestadium a CP. the argument that 2 of its transformations suck is legit i guess but none of the neutrals are actually neutral.

Yoshis favors Marth, Ganon and Bowser.
Dreamland favors Peach and Jiggs
Battlefield (arguably) disfavors link/ylink/samus
FD is pretty stupid in a whole bunch of matchups because of chaingrabs

I dont see how PS favoring fox/falco is even worth talking about.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
On the "No neutrals are neutral" argument:

Say neutral is 0. Fd is maybe -1 and yoshis is +2 and battlfield is +1. none of them are 0 but they are pretty close. PS is like a 4 that fluctuates to a 7-10 every 30 seconds.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Neutral PS is a 4?

I'm not as experienced as other people but I'd say neutral PS is about as neutral as it gets. There's a wall to grapple onto, it's not too large or too small (low ceiling does help Fox though), the platforms stop most chaingrabs but don't allow for major platform camping like on Dreamland, etc.

I mean I know you were just making a point but I still fail to see how neutral PS is that bad :|

Not gonna say my opinion on whether or not it should be CP, because I can see the arguments from both sides, I just thought it was odd that you'd say neutral PS is that bad.

Also, imo Brinstar should be banned if Mute/Corneria/etc are. It gives similar advantages to different characters... but the point has been argued to death and I suppose it just comes down to what Plank wants.

Though changing the rule set that late kinda makes me not wanna go to Pound at all :\ w/e though, I'm just not entering singles. No sense paying $40+ for a rule set I don't like lol.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
neutral PS is like.... yoshi story platforms, yoshi story kill zones and FD in the middle.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
It's much wider than Yoshi's though, and the platforms are slightly higher aren't they? Plus the lack of a middle platform makes it harder to camp.

Just thinking about high tier matchups... I'd say neutral PS is like as neutral as it gets. Only people it really hurts are Peach and Jiggs, and even then, I like that stage as them haha.

I suppose it's all personal preference though. I just feel like no character is really overwhelmingly limited or has an overwhelming advantage there.

That said... this rule set is awesome for Marth I just realized <.< at least in the Fox matchup. Fox gets to choose between FD, Yoshi's, and Fountain of Dreams xD

Top Bottom