• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This ruleset -is wack-....lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
*Pound* 4 Official Melee Stage List​

Neutrals 1v1:

FD
Yoshis
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks 1v1:

Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

ummm so

this ruleset sucks for fox
no corneria means everyone is going to auto-ban stadium....so we have to pick either rainbow or a neutral that barely gives us an advantage.... and it's godlike for sheik with brinstar, battlefield and kongo jungle.

laaame
leave corneria and mute city on, i dun really care about stadium as neutral or not

WHAT DO U THINK

Eggm

Smash Hero
If it makes more sheiks win than fox, maybe fox will get less grief about being sooooo broken which works for me. That gets annoying lol.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
u realize sheik isnt very good on brinstar or kongo jungle right?

id rather play fox than sheik on kj ANY day, and i hate brinstar.

the fact that fox players complain about -anything- is hilarious to me.

the ruleset is worse for fox yes, probably, but better for almost everyone else.

if ur a fox main relying on stages like corneria, pokefloats, and green greens, news flash:: ur probably not that good anyway.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i agree with u lovage and alot of people over here do..we should do a vote or something..y change something that drastic and not have a poll..

i think ps is like the most neutral stage in the game besides its low ceilings. my friend tbag read the thread yesterday and said thats y he doesnt post on smashboards because of stuff like that

im only playing friendlies on stadium only @ pound 4

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
stadium is by far less neutral. im not having another poll tho. we discussed everything in the sbr and as the TO i came to this decision to cater best to all the regions/characters/players coming while still holding onto the core of TA.

if it were up to me id have

FD
dreamland
battlefield

cps

FOD
yoshis
stadium
KJ

and that'd be it. :p

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i wrote in the ruleset that people can use whatever rules they want between 2 people... but in case of any disputes house rules wins

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
i wrote in the ruleset that people can use whatever rules they want between 2 people... but in case of any disputes house rules wins
Well, I know how I'm getting to grand finalz. Agree to play a certain way vs against an obviously better player that deviates from the rules, lose, then call BS on it and get a DQ because I'll say he tricked me. Aww yeah.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
plank, i would much rather see the 3 stage neutral than this 5 one.

I know i posted this in the other thread, but I really don't understand how PS can be CP but FoD is neutral.

But really, I don't see how DL64 is any more neutral than FoD or PS. The wind is horrible and the stage size drastically favors a few characters and disadvantages others.

Lovage

Smash Hero
i changed my mind from last night about this ruleset

i dont really care because i only pick stadium/dreamland anyways
TIME TO LEARN RAINBOW CRUISE

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I used to think Plaink was smart/good, but this ruleset makes me think otherwise.

Don't fix what isn't broken. Ban Green Greens and you're good.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
lol at sheik all of a sudden not ****** on japes or brinstar. im getting annoyed at all these stupid changes but hopefully by the time it legit kicks in everywhere smash is prolly gonna be done.

only stages that need to be banned are green greens and pokefloats if any. ruleset is fine.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the edges on brinstar dont work well for sheik coming from below at all, definitely causes issues at times. shes not horrible there, but not great.

as for japes, i have no idea. the only memory i have of that level is getting waveshined into a crocodile. never played it since

Tero.

Smash Champion
Sheik definitly does better than 95% of the cast on Brinstar (exeptions beeing Puff and Peach).

And when you say Kongo Jungle I'm thinking of Kongo Jungle 64 and not Jungle Japes (and neither the new Kongo Jungle because that stage should be banned anyway, same as JJ) and I don't remember any crocodiles on KJ64.

Anyway Brinstar and KJ64 are good Sheik stages.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
kj64 isnt a good sheik stage either, the ledges are also HORRIBLE coming from below. id rather play fox on KJ than sheik ANY day.

depends on the matchup though, of course.

brinstar TONS of characters **** on as long as you know how to play it. Tons of characters who dont get ****ed by the ledges

Skler

Smash Master
this ruleset sucks for fox
no corneria means everyone is going to auto-ban stadium....so we have to pick either rainbow or a neutral that barely gives us an advantage
Stages: What Fox needs to win tournaments.

Fox is so bad on FD, Cruise, Yoshi's, Dreamland and Kongo Jungle, right?

The only stage that really screws Fox there is Brinstar. Guess what, you have a ban.

Let's get right to the problem, this ruleset sucks for Link. Brinstar = no hookshot, KJ64 = no hookshot, Link is bad on Yoshi's and FD too.

Since there's no super awesome Link stage everyone is going to auto-ban Cruise (except Fox and Falco players), so we have to pick a stage that doesn't really favor us at all.

Nice stage list, Plank. No character has an auto-win on it.

Vegard

Smash Lord
kj64 isnt a good sheik stage either, the ledges are also HORRIBLE coming from below. id rather play fox on KJ than sheik ANY day.

depends on the matchup though, of course.

brinstar TONS of characters **** on as long as you know how to play it. Tons of characters who dont get ****ed by the ledges
I like it how you only mention the ledges on Brinstar

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im sorry if recovering is a rather vital part of a stage, and a stage that limits that tends to be a poor sheik stage?

its quite common knowledge that sheiks recovery is very easily abusable, so taking away 50% of her options is pretty good too.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
plank, no offense but i gotta agree that KJ64 is a much better sheik stage than a fox stage. Drephen CPs kels there, and wins.

brinstar is a decent sheik stage, though i haven't seen anyone CP it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
ur right, one specific example negates the fact fox has way more recovery options on that stage, its big and can be camped on, and it hurts sheik's recovery.

wait, didnt drephen beat kels on corneria too? i guess its a better sheik stage than a fox stage too

Tero.

Smash Champion
We're in the Fox boards right?

Let's ask all those Fox players: You sure love to fight Sheik on KJ64 and prefer it over any neutral mirite?

Sorry Plank, absolutely can't agree with you on this.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Who said prefer it over any neutral? I simply said you're wrong in calling it a Sheik CP stage when it's far better used for other characters.

Fox is my secondary and if i got sheik ditto cp'd there, i would just go fox and **** them.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
How does fox kill? He doesnt. Largest ceiling in the game.

Less recovery options? WHAT? Sheik can go under the stage or straight up to the top platform or do anything else she could normally do on any other stage. Plus the barrel is there to save her on some occasions.

Between fox and sheik, fox has far less recovery options than sheik, because he can't sideb and the down-angled sweetspot for his upb is extremely difficult. He is almost always forced to go onto the stage with a sideb or his upb, which makes edgeguarding even easier for sheik.

Also, sheik uses the high platforms as well or better than fox does because of her high jumps and down angled projectile.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
the down angled sweetspot is not difficult. the top platform gives WAY more options for fox to recover. when fox lands on them or goes through the stage he has VERY little up+b lag, whereas sheiks lag is, as always, a ton. Fox can get up there quickly and punish, too.

Highest ceiling in the game? fox vs sheik? boo ****ing hoo. edgeguard her with one extra ledge hopped back air to hit her off, then NEXT time shes forced to up+b on the stage upsmash her. god forbid foxs upsmash kills at 90 instead of 75

i don't mind anyway though, im glad nobody knows how to fight sheik cuz there are so few good sheiks. i loveeeeeeeeeee fighting against sheik with all my secondaries cuz i know how to exploit her so easily.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Plank, if sheik's recovery is relatively the same on that stage (which i disgree, she has more options) and fox's recovery is more limited (can't sideb sweetspot or upb forward sweetspot, and harder down sweetspot) as well as fox's on-stage kill moves take longer to get in kill range (by the time uthrow-uair kills, it no longer combos), then how is the stage not favoring sheik?

Top Bottom