• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

This ruleset -is wack-....lol

Tomacawk

Smash Master
why do people think kj64 is good for fox??
HUGE ceiling. barrels save people from shinespikes sometimes. uneven terrain makes hitting your l cancels even harder. platforms come down and save combos from people in the middle. glitchy bfield ledge making it nearly impossible to side b recover
also trying to shffl nair approach from the slant often results in a jc jab if you're running up the slope
the only positive is that you can laser camp, everything else is bad for fox or neither bad nor good

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
why do people think kj64 is good for fox??
HUGE ceiling. barrels save people from shinespikes sometimes. uneven terrain makes hitting your l cancels even harder. platforms come down and save combos from people in the middle. glitchy bfield ledge making it nearly impossible to side b recover
also trying to shffl nair approach from the slant often results in a jc jab if you're running up the slope
the only positive is that you can laser camp, everything else is bad for fox or neither bad nor good
Cuz KJ64 is pretty good for fox.

No one cares if the ceiling is high. It means fox has to put an extra 20%? And since when was fox limited to killing off the top?

The barrel can save people sometime but you can still steal the barrel anyway. Plus YOU can be saved from it too.

Yoshi's Story's ledges have uneven slopes.... its just something to adjust it doesn't ruin your game.

And I've never had the issue of jabbing by accident on KJ64.

The stage is great for fox.

HUGE area to laser camp

Your recovery gets better cuz you know, fox's recovery sucked until this.

And the rest has more or less similar aspects of a neutral. Or more specific, the stage itself doesn't move (like Rainbow cruise) and there aren't any hazzards (like Brinstar)

Also since fox gains very fast vertical momentum he can easily cover recoveries for the top side platforms or the edge.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
I completely disagree with you, I would NEVER pick that map in tourny, there are so many better choices for fox. Have you ever seen a fox counterpick to that map?
Maybe some other people can give their opinion on it (i'm not saying you're wrong tec, I just want more opinions)?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
hes definitely better on it than some characters. If someone CPs me there i'll go fox because marth sux there.

but as far as the stage actually giving him advantages, i disagree. its fox, he is just versatile enough to be able to handle many situations.

Tomacawk

Smash Master
but as far as the stage actually giving him advantages, i disagree. its fox, he is just versatile enough to be able to handle many situations.
this is how i feel about it, pretty much. it's worse than neutral for fox but fox is never bad at any stage

Top Bottom