• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you think that only YOU do. (AKA OCD Thread, LOL)

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
when i get uncomfortable sometimes i clentch my fists so much it hurts without meaning too

toon_marth

Smash Ace
While i'm standing idle I will start drawing spikey anime hair with my fingers in mid-air. I will also do the same thing on the computer with the pointer when I'm waiting for a page to load.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I can snap all my fingers at once by using my knuckles on the opposite hand.

I found this out by accident haha.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I always stand up whenever I do any traditional art of any sort. It's impossible for me to sit down and paint.

I also pause what i'm doing, and go do something else every five minutes or so. I rarely spent alot of time on anything in one sitting. Other than videogames, drawing, and reading, it seems.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I clench my jaw when I listen to music, only sometimes though. I don't really notice it, but sometimes I will find that I am doing it, sometimes I will look for it and I won't be doing it...

Overload

Smash Lord
If there is only one plastic(disposable) cup left I won't trust it and will use a different cup. I only do this with cups. Plates are fine.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I eat with a spoon and fork whenever I can get away with it.

I'm almost always more concerned with the theoretical aspects of any game then actually playing it, one of my favorite activities is breaking games.

I know more styles of dance then most people know exists (varies between hip-hop styles, ballroom styles, and cultural styles).

I'm a literal genius.

kingcobra9

Smash Ace
When riding in a car I pretend there is a motorcycle riding next to the car doing flips off ramps to avoid breaks in a path..I skip the butter when eating pancakes so I can get syrup first...I sing songs in a made up language when bored when I don't think anyone is around...when I pee in a toliet I try not to hit the water cuz the noise is loud...when I walk in a crowded place I think of the fastest way to kill every one in the room...this thread makes me feel like I'm going to end up in some sort of asylum.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
When I see people who I think might attack me for no reason, then the fight is already going on in my head with the other person getting beat up badly, eventually leading into an accidental death.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
I eat my food one at a time. Let's say I have an order of a burger, fries and vegetables of some sort. I'll eat the burger first, then move onto the fries only once i'm done with the burger etc.

Also I can't mix forks, so if I use one fork for pasta, let's say, I won't use it to eat my salad. I'll need a new one.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
When I see people who I think might attack me for no reason, then the fight is already going on in my head with the other person getting beat up badly, eventually leading into an accidental death.
I sometimes do this......

I have trouble mixing foods, if they weren't prepared that way, like if I have corn and rice next to each other, unless it accidentally happens, I just can't eat them together.....sometimes I won't even let juice from something reach another food, so my plate is always very segmented:)

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
I also try to gauge whether I could fight random people I see.

But I don't kill them in my head, you sick murderous *******! :mad:

Handorin

Smash Hero
I also have to pee not in the water. Sooooo loud @_@

I blame it on when I was a kid, my mom was trying to force me to go to the bathroom before church, but I insisted I did not have to go. After a long time fighting about it, I just went inside to pretend I did. Upon entering, I realized I kind of did have to go, but I couldn't just admit it or make it obvious. Therefore...I tried to be as discrete as possible.

joeplicate

Smash Master
pocket slapping is legit

I do that whenever I leave my room, it's a good habit I picked up at college

dog, you don't wanna lose that ****

drcossack

Smash Ace
I eat my food one at a time. Let's say I have an order of a burger, fries and vegetables of some sort. I'll eat the burger first, then move onto the fries only once i'm done with the burger etc.

Also I can't mix forks, so if I use one fork for pasta, let's say, I won't use it to eat my salad. I'll need a new one.
Yup, I eat one at a time too. I also do the same thing as zrky, but I take it one step further. I put one thing on my plate at a time.

As far as forks, I don't mind using the same fork for different stuff. However, when I eat Pasta/Meatballs, I eat the Pasta (I eat it w/butter instead of sauce) first, use my napkin to clean the fork & knife, then eat the meatballs.

Negi-Kun

Smash Lord
I have a light in my room I usually forget to turn off when I go to bed. So when I realize it's still on, I don't turn it off, but I make things on the ground like a controller or sweatshirts look like different things in my head. Like a while ago, I left a blanket on the ground when I went to bed after playing Half Life 1. With my bad vision and the darkness, I made it look like a giant Headcrab staring at me all night. And I could sleep with it.

I'm messed up.

Also, if I'm in a hotel room with two beds, I always have to take the bed closest to the window; otherwise, I can't sleep.

M.K

Level 55
I can't use a urinal, I always have to go into the stall. I really don't like that whole...atmosphere. >_>

Also, I can't eat warm fruit. That's just disgusting, unless it's HOT fruit in something like...a pop-tart or a cobbler or something.
And I have the same lunch every single day....is that weird? Probably not, just trying to eat healthy.
And I like to workout to techno songs....I close my eyes on the Elliptical and just tune the whole gym out.
But I can't run on treadmills; I'll run on a track before I run on those skinny *** treadmills.

I love bouncing on trampolines O_O. Of course, I'm a springboard diver, so I have an unhealthy obsession with heights and bouncing.

Wow, I really sound like a psycho.

Clam Chowder.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ooh Ive got a new one.

I always eat an apple the same way.

1)Eat the centre all around.
2)Eat the right side(Usually the stalk side)
3)Then the left side.
4)Then the core and seeds........and the stalk!

No one I know eats the stalk......

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I have a light in my room I usually forget to turn off when I go to bed. So when I realize it's still on, I don't turn it off, but I make things on the ground like a controller or sweatshirts look like different things in my head. Like a while ago, I left a blanket on the ground when I went to bed after playing Half Life 1. With y bad vision and the darkness, I made it look like a giant Headcrab staring at me all night. And I could sleep with it.
I also do this. Every night.

You could always get one of these.

D

Deleted member

Sometimes after I play Gears of War for extended periods of time, I look at normal objects and think to myself what good cover they'd make.

Another thing I do is when I get a haircut, I can't look at it until it's over.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I can't use a urinal, I always have to go into the stall. I really don't like that whole...atmosphere. >_>
Can't use the urinal, or can only use it when nobody's in the bathroom?

If it's the latter, probably bladder shyness, you're not alone, but there are techniques to alleviate it.

Sometimes after I play Gears of War for extended periods of time, I look at normal objects and think to myself what good cover they'd make.
I've played manhunt way to much, so I'm always looking out for objects that are impossible for most people to get over/under/whatever efficiently but I can, so I could throw off pursuit is necessary. Also, I'm always looking for hiding places for the same reason.

Matt07

Smash Master
Me too, I mean I do it when I'm by myself but never when there's someone there.

I eat all the toppings on the pizza first (like cheese pepperoni's, etc) then I eat the pizza with just the tomato sauce on it, it tastes so much better without anything on it :).

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
I get Hawaiien pizza and take the big pieces of pineapple off of it. I like the flaver the pineapple gives the pizza, but not big chunks of it.

I do NOT think Lucky Charms are magiclly delicious.

Sometimes I think it's fun to walk around public places with a really pissed off look on my face to intimidate people.

I like going to places like Wal-mart/Gamestop where there is a Guitar Hero on, and then playing on Expert just to make the people who just started playing feel bad. lol

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Sometimes ill envision someone braking into my house, and then just think what I could do or what I could pick up and how to fight them off/kill them.....

Sometimes I think I have a psycho mind.........

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^Definitely not the only one XD

I periodically get dreams about things that happen in the future. I started getting them like a month after I got baptized, so a little over three years ago. I've gotten around 40 by now I think. Sometimes I'm with people I didn't know at the time and everything happens down to the wording of conversation. It's kinda freaky.

But I've been told that I'm not the only one who gets these (it's just that I tend to get them more often than most people). Anyone else here experience this?

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Sometimes ill envision someone braking into my house, and then just think what I could do or what I could pick up and how to fight them off/kill them.....

Sometimes I think I have a psycho mind.........
I do this too I once heard a noise up stairs (my bedroom is in the basement) so I was looking for some thing to hit the supposed thief making the noise. I grabbed the metal bar on my bench press and walked up stairs and I figured out it was my brother he was getting a midnight snack. Although I didn't bother to look at his bed (it's next to mine) anyways I scared the living **** out of him :chuckle:

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
I bite my cheeks during tournament matches. I once did this to the point where one side bled. I usually don't notice until afterwards.

On a non smash related note,

I cannot fall asleep unless I have two pillows.
I hate going anywhere unless I have a bunch of change with me (backpack / pocket).
I get very uncomfortable / self conscious whenever someone looks over my shoulder while I'm on a computer, especially if I'm typing.
I squat on a chair to study (like "L" from Death Note).
I absolutely cannot wear shorts unless it's for something athletic.
I'm extremely sensitive to high pitched sounds. The ping from a TV drives me insane.

etc...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Finally, someone who understands me <3
I hate going anywhere unless I have a bunch of change with me (backpack / pocket).
Or not i guess >.>

I get very uncomfortable / self conscious whenever someone looks over my shoulder while I'm on a computer, especially if I'm typing.
I squat on a chair to study (like "L" from Death Note).
and back to understanding me again :D I got in the habit of squatting like L when it got rather cold out where I live, I did it for warmth, but I got so used to it I can't stop any more. I don't just do it when im studying/at computer either, pretty much anywhere I can sit, that's how I sit.

I'm extremely sensitive to high pitched sounds. The ping from a TV drives me insane.

etc...
But...but.....you're SOOOOOOO Chinese. How do you deal with squealing Chinese females? Possibly named Ping?

Crystallion

Smash Ace
^Definitely not the only one XD

I periodically get dreams about things that happen in the future. I started getting them like a month after I got baptized, so a little over three years ago. I've gotten around 40 by now I think. Sometimes I'm with people I didn't know at the time and everything happens down to the wording of conversation. It's kinda freaky.

But I've been told that I'm not the only one who gets these (it's just that I tend to get them more often than most people). Anyone else here experience this?
So you've got the Shining?

On another side note: I have TONS of déjà-vus, it's not funny anymore. I think a lot of people do that, but I get them so frequently, sometimes, I don't even know what's real anymore o_O

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Neither can I, I think it has to do something with my head always being elevated

Same but not so much coins but random things like headphones (when I don't have an I pod) you never know when you will need them. I kinda over stuff my pockets

OMG the TV ping, the scratching on anything (like chalkboards), even when I step on never been stepped on snow

Top Bottom