• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you think that only YOU do. (AKA OCD Thread, LOL)

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
I saw this thread on another site, should turn out to be great.

I'll start,
- I eat the crust first when eating pizza.
- sometimes I feel awkward in public when my hands aren't doing anything, so I usually pull out my cell and pretend to text.
- I cant take an exam while wearing long sleeves. I just cant.

:093:

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
I saw this thread on another site, should turn out to be great.
- I eat the crust first when eating pizza.
you must have missed the stuffed crust pizza ad campaigns of the mid-90s. good lord. all my friends started eating their pizza backwards.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
On the topic of pizza....

I regularly make 2 pizzas put one on top of eachother and make a pizza sandwich.

It's soooooooo good.(Im not even overweight,but I eat like someone who is!)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Considering Firefly lasted just 13 episodes I was probably the only one to watch it :mad:

Pikaville

Hey I watched it too!

When they aired it the 2nd or 3rd episode was 1st though.The 1st one was last I think.

Weird....

Scott!

Smash Lord
Well, I just watched it all on Hulu for the first time ever about a month ago. I almost wanted to cry because of how good it was and how much it's never coming back.

Back to the topic, when I'm walking, I need for my feet to walk evenly. Every substance I walk on has to be touched by each foot the same number of times as the other. I'm pretty sure I'm crazy, but it makes me happier to do it, and it takes far too much concentration to not look at the ground to pay attention for me to not do it.

Pikaville

Well apparently you didn't watch hard enough :mad:
Really why?

Well, I just watched it all on Hulu for the first time ever about a month ago. I almost wanted to cry because of how good it was and how much it's never coming back.

Back to the topic, when I'm walking, I need for my feet to walk evenly. Every substance I walk on has to be touched by each foot the same number of times as the other. I'm pretty sure I'm crazy, but it makes me happier to do it, and it takes far too much concentration to not look at the ground to pay attention for me to not do it.
That is definitly something ive never heard of someone doing.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Everytime I drink, I walk on my hands to prove to myself/people that I am sober. I got pretty good at it lol.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Scott, I do the same basic thing, but also when my hand accidentaly touches something I repeat the same motion with it other hand so they are 'even'. It's weird, but I know how you feel.

-if I'm looking at the floor I almost have I force myslf to step on a line, I can't help but to not step on the lines/cracks.
-I like staring at textured walls and ceilings and watching shapes just appear and change, it's really cool!

I'll add more later.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I can keep myself entertained for an hour with a simple object such as a rubber band, or a string >_>

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I'm fairly certain that I'm the only person working at my bookstore that gives an honest opinion about bad books.

And if I misspell while taking notes, I scratch the word out so that it is completely obscured. It's like I'm trying to hide the evidence, but failing.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Scott, I do the same basic thing, but also when my hand accidentaly touches something I repeat the same motion with it other hand so they are 'even'. It's weird, but I know how you feel.

-if I'm looking at the floor I almost have I force myslf to step on a line, I can't help but to not step on the lines/cracks.
-I like staring at textured walls and ceilings and watching shapes just appear and change, it's really cool!

I'll add more later.
I do that too and some times when some one bumps into me I have to bump right back into that same person with my other hand

when I walk on a sidewalk I try to only make my foot step on it once so randomly my friends see me jump to the other piece of concrete with one foot

I also used to have to double back where I came from the exact way I came. This was when I was little and haven't ever been on a hike before ya wasn't happy after that.

hundreds of utilts

Smash Apprentice
- sometimes I feel awkward in public when my hands aren't doing anything, so I usually pull out my cell and pretend to text.
sorry to disappoint, but i ghost text too lol. great for looking busy when you're not.

also on occasion i fall asleep with my eyes open. (yeah don't ask me how that works cuz i have no idea)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I twist my hand in a 360

I can't snap with my left hand so I sometimes snap by pulling on my middle knuckle with my middle and ring finger's knuckle

chug hot sause

Ride my bike in the mall and get chased out (greatest thing ever)

Think up white racist jokes when I am white

I never study for anything

I never plan but I looks like I did because I did something cool

Sometimes I really see the 3rd person veiw of me.

watch the ceiling

just being Uber random

play as Pichu

Do things on a whim

fall asleep on the floor.

I can sleep with my eyes open

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I fight for my friends.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I twist my hand in a 360

I can't snap with my left hand so I sometimes snap by pulling on my middle knuckle with my middle and ring finger's knuckle

chug hot sause

Ride my bike in the mall and get chased out (greatest thing ever)

Think up white racist jokes when I am white

I never study for anything

I never plan but I looks like I did because I did something cool

Sometimes I really see the 3rd person veiw of me.

watch the ceiling

just being Uber random

play as Pichu

Do things on a wimp

fall asleep on the floor.

I can sleep with my eyes open
Does he even fight back?

zrky

Smash Lol'd
also on occasion i fall asleep with my eyes open. (yeah don't ask me how that works cuz i have no idea)
I do that too! it's really weird, it's like your unconscious and then conscious but you were conscious the whole time:ohwell:

~I like to just lay on the floor just cuz and sometimes I fall asleep.....

~Sometimes if Im drinking mile especially Ill rotate my glass so that I don't drink from the same spot twice, idk why but it's just weird for me to drink in the same place twice.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Watch out of a window for 2 hours straight and not being slightly bored.
Best thing I saw was the tree in the Majora's Mask moon. I was in awe.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I rotate my glass too.

Sometimes, if I'm bored, I will rub my fingernails with my fingertips, but always across the whole nail, never part of it. It would bother me to not finish rubbing a nail.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Guess I'm not alone in my being crazy. :D Of course, things get more complicated than what I explained before. I can't step on lines. It started as just cracks, but it's evolved in time to be more. When I walk, I'm constantly creating a mental grid of lines that I have to step around. Corners of buildings send out lines. So do cracks in curbs. Even things like gutters on buildings, and window edges. It's hard to explain, and at its root is pretty arbitrary. I can ignore it if I look straight ahead, but it's hard to sustain the level of concentration the whole time. It's funny that in places I travel a lot, I've got well-established plans for where to step.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lmfao, I like this thread so far.

Around my school, I'm known as the guy who solves Rubik's cubes in under 20 seconds, but what people don't know is that I have mad freestyle skills.

ps. I don't have mad freestyle skills.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Guess I'm not alone in my being crazy. :D Of course, things get more complicated than what I explained before. I can't step on lines. It started as just cracks, but it's evolved in time to be more. When I walk, I'm constantly creating a mental grid of lines that I have to step around. Corners of buildings send out lines. So do cracks in curbs. Even things like gutters on buildings, and window edges. It's hard to explain, and at its root is pretty arbitrary. I can ignore it if I look straight ahead, but it's hard to sustain the level of concentration the whole time. It's funny that in places I travel a lot, I've got well-established plans for where to step.
CREEEEEEEEEEEEPY!!! I kinda do the same thing, but when im in a hallway or something or at the grocery store, I kind off try to avoid stepping on an open space, like if there is a wall, opening, wall, I will try to take the biggest step I can to make the other wall. So don't worry scott, your not crazy:)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yep, I'll start noticing it takes X steps to go on a a square or something, and then I start counting them in my head. Or if it's too small like a gutter, then I make sure I only step on it once, then something else once with my other foot.

Yep, I do the same thing. If I scratch my right knee, I scratch my left, etc. It just isn't fulfilling if I don't do it. I used to be pretty bad at it as a kid, but it's calmed down a bit.

ITT: Obsessive compulsive disorder.
QFT.

Darkslash

Smash Master
-Like's a giant robot with a giant mustache even though it has no form of AMBAC what so ever.
-Finds a way to slip in Mecha anime Jargon into every thing I say. Especially with the Macross term "YEARK DECULTURE" when in disbelief.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice

OCD? Its tough :(
Kind of the same for me, If I had turned around, I turn around the other way, even sometimes on videogames lolz.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
OCD? Its tough :(
Kind of the same for me, If I had turned around, I turn around the other way, even sometimes on videogames lolz.
OK, on games MAAAAYBE that's REALLY OCD.......

~Sometimes when im in the car (as a passenger) I just imagine like these objects that like jump from lamp post to lamp post, or the just run down the street, or a blade going as fast as the car just cuts down all the plants avoiding metal. It's just SO weird but I can't help myself I just see these things, not like I think they are real, but I don't even see color in these things, or anything, hey are just figments of my mind that I can't help myself to make......
/weird

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
When I arrange water bottles fo ra party/in a fridge, it has to be in a perfect square.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I have OCD so there is probably a long list of things...

But when I walk on tiles I have to walk on them in the same pattern that a knight would travel in chess >_>

Nobody notices though because I don't have to change my stance or anything lol

I also do a lot of symmetrical things like if my right arm touches something, I have to touch it with the left. I suppose you can also see it in the way I color my posts XD

Top Bottom