• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you think that only YOU do. (AKA OCD Thread, LOL)

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I love to jay walk across empty streets. It's so fun, just ambling back and forth on a nice day. I go out of my way to jay walk on quiet streets. I love deserted streets *sighs*

D

Deleted member

Occassionally, I eat a pickle with a piece of Bleu cheese around it. Grosses people out though, so I don't do it much

I also love salt. So when I ask someone to put salt on something, I say it differently. Instead of saying "will you salt my egg?" I say "Will you egg my salt?".

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I make organize EVERYTHING.
And put EVERYTHING in a place for a reason.

example-
T.V. remote location:
Under the pillow on my bed.
The bed directly on the other side of the room and the side faces the T.V. This makes it easier to watch T.V. from bed.
I also never have to worry about someone who is visiting my room changing the channel or something. They're looking around the desk or chair for the remote, while I truly decide what we watch.
Also, I never lose my remote. Never. Its always in the same place unless I'm changing channels.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
A lot of these are really OCD stuff that I see and hear about a lot. I think I might have one that people have never heard of.

When I walk up stairs, I skip steps like most people do. But I always have to finish the set skipping the second to last step. This means if I am walking up an odd number of stairs, I must step on the first step and THEN proceed to skip steps. If it's an even number of stairs, then I start skipping steps right from the beginning. I don't know why, but I just like to finish walking up stairs that way.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
LOL. :laugh:

Back on topic, something else I remembered...

When I adjust volume on TVs, the number has to be on a multiple of 5. XP
I keep my ties tied so that I dont have to tie them every time i put them on.
OMG I sooo do both of these. I'm sure the tie one is something a lot of people do because a lot of people are lazy, and it's practical.

But the volume thing, it definitely cannot be some strange number like 23.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
If I'm at the checkout aisle at the grocery store, and the candy is in the wrong place, I HAVE to rearrange it correctly. I just can't stand stuff like that. Not just in the checkout aisle, throughout the whole store as well.
I do this. but I try to stop myself because my friend said, theirs a person who is paid to do this

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ya, going back to the volume thing, I kinda do that. Usually it has the be on an even number OR a multiple of 5. On my car stereo, it is only multiples of 5, but on the treble/bass volumes, it is multiples of 3 (cause the max is 6), and my sub volume is usually multiples of 2. If I get stuck on a number system, then it has to be that way. =/

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
LOL. :laugh:

Back on topic, something else I remembered...

When I adjust volume on TVs, the number has to be on a multiple of 5. XP
I do this all the time I also do multiples of eleven and in relation I like to look at the clock when the numbers matchup and other things as example 5:55, 11:11 12:34 3:21 or even 9:11

zrky

Smash Lol'd
A lot of these are really OCD stuff that I see and hear about a lot. I think I might have one that people have never heard of.

When I walk up stairs, I skip steps like most people do. But I always have to finish the set skipping the second to last step. This means if I am walking up an odd number of stairs, I must step on the first step and THEN proceed to skip steps. If it's an even number of stairs, then I start skipping steps right from the beginning. I don't know why, but I just like to finish walking up stairs that way.
Sorry to tell you, but I do that too:)
WOW, I never noticed how much walking OCD I have:laugh:

Yesterday I realized that when I see a stack of plastic cups, I never get the one on top or on bottom, I just feel like it was on the floor or something, so I get the second one in the stack or a cup from the middle.

Ch!bi

Smash Cadet
OMG I sooo do both of these. I'm sure the tie one is something a lot of people do because a lot of people are lazy, and it's practical.

But the volume thing, it definitely cannot be some strange number like 23.
I think it's true what you said about a lot of these things can be somewhat OCD... =P The levels of how much everyone needs to do them varies though, I suppose.

I think occasionally, if the volume is too loud/soft on a multiple of 5, I will make an exception for a 3 or 7 number in between... Like 23 or 27.

On the note of skipping steps, for a while I wouldn't step on the last step and always jumped off the second to last one. No idea why though.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
When I chew food, I have to chew the same number of times with each side of my mouth. Chew once with my left-back teeth, once with the right. Left, right, left, right. If I chew too much on just one side I get this weird unnerving feeling... hard to explain, but it's very uncomfortable.

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
When I chew food, I have to chew the same number of times with each side of my mouth. Chew once with my left-back teeth, once with the right. Left, right, left, right. If I chew too much on just one side I get this weird unnerving feeling... hard to explain, but it's very uncomfortable.
I do something like this but I do it with candy like M&M's and Recess Pieces I put one on my right side then my left then the middle

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
i think am the only person that is such a big fan of Sonic, that i use only him and no one else in games that he is in(Brawl included). if i use someone else, i feel like i just committed murder. <_< thats weird...but i guess i am Sonicrazy. Plus, i own like almost ALL of his merchandise.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Occasionally I'll talk to myself if I'm alone. Not in a creepy mental way (I don't think..... :confused:) but just.... I dunno. If I'm in my apartment by myself, I'll think out loud. Maybe to help myself think, maybe just to fill the silence of being the only person around, who knows? Every time I've mentioned it, though, my friends look at me like I need to be committed.

I'm not a fan of chocolate either. That's not technically something I do, but I catch a lot of criticism for it, so it must be pretty rare. ;-;

@SonicMaster: I think Sonic has the most fanboys out of any character in the Brawl community..... I'm sure you've got company.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
i think am the only person that is such a big fan of Sonic, that i use only him and no one else in games that he is in(Brawl included). if i use someone else, i feel like i just committed murder. <_< thats weird...but i guess i am Sonicrazy. Plus, i own like almost ALL of his merchandise.
Lies.

All of the Sonic boards are fanboys. 10% are furries.

I'm prolly the only Sonic main who isnt a fanboy.

:093:

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Smelling newly purchased things. Unfortunately, every time I sniff the item a portion of the smell fades away a little bit. When the smell is completely gone, that's when I become sad.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
- sometimes I feel awkward in public when my hands aren't doing anything, so I usually pull out my cell and pretend to text.

:093:
You thought wrong!
I do this too. A lot of times too. If not then I have to be sitting down at least.

Umm.. things..

Well, I tend to do sit-ups while watching movies or T.V. shows. Not sure why, it's just a pass time on commercials or other boring things in shows.

I like the smell of gasoline at pump stops. I guess that's not TOO awkward though.. but I do like the smell of smoke from cigarettes even though I don't smoke myself.. of course I don't exactly try to follow the smell.

This one probably isn't such a unique touch to me, but I prefer looks in a video game over viability. Including smash, except I choose them based on how fun they are most of the time. But the looks factor still comes into play, which is why I never play King DeDeDe.

And also, while playing video games, I sometimes commentate in my head about what's going on like I would do in one of my playthroughs. It kind of adds fun to a game though. In a weird way.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
This one probably isn't such a unique touch to me, but I prefer looks in a video game over viability. Including smash, except I choose them based on how fun they are most of the time. But the looks factor still comes into play, which is why I never play King DeDeDe.
I'm the same way...... only I take it a step farther so that I have to have exactly one main + 3 secondaries (I blame AiB.....), and they all have to sort of... I dunno. Go together. When I picture them in my head. x.o

This thread is making me think I'm super weird, lol.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
I thought of something else that I do that is weird but I am SURE other people do it. It's along the same lines as sit ups during television watching: stretching (doing the splits specifically) while reading or video game playing. I'm sure it's only bboys/gymnasts/trickers who do this?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Lol I stretch when on my laptop. Generally not a split though. I also do random freezes on my bed when im on my laptops as well.

SonicBlind

Smash Rookie
I hate it when your about to tell someone something obvious ,but then you forget. Bugs me like crazy.

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Smelling newly purchased things. Unfortunately, every time I sniff the item a portion of the smell fades away a little bit. When the smell is completely gone, that's when I become sad.
New car smell is the best.
It's nice, but that smell gives me a headache:(
New car smell is the best.
I like the smell of rubbing alcohol and gasoline.
Our noses are one.
yesss sirr
We all see the similarity here; all of us like to smell certain things.

peregrine monkey

Smash Apprentice
I have so much stuff like this. I'm not even going to try listing it all. For example:

-I always walk in a pattern, usually in the way a knight would move in chess
-When light reflects on a tiled floor I have the compulsion to "race" it. I try to get ahead of the reflection.
-Occasionally, I imagine injuries onto myself involuntarily. It's kind of horrible because I have to cover the place that I am "injured" with a surface. And then I imagine it in other places so I have to cover them too. Actually, just writhing about that makes me do it again. Erg.
-I use odd words as swearwords. Last year I used "flibbertigibbet", more recently its "quagga."

Miggz

Pancake Sandwiches
My bottom lip twitches when someone's face gets a little too close to my face for whatever reason. You know like a forehead to forehead kind of thing.

Never kissed anyone...so maybe that's why? I don't know. lol

Handorin

Smash Hero
Unless any of you actually work at a pizza place (or any other food place I suppose), I suppose I am the only one who does this. I've never seen anyone do this at work either.

Before I pull out a pizza, bread, etc., when I pick up the...giant spatula thing, I always spin it.

The Drifter

Smash Journeyman
I'm the only one who can fix crap without the use of a mechanic. I specialize in toasters and computers.

drcossack

Smash Ace
I thought I was the only one who lightly slaps his pockets to make sure everything is still in there(Wallet, cell, keys, etc) but I found out Eggz does it too.
I also pat my pockets to make sure I have everything.

But I only do it at my dorm, not at home.

I must be afraid of getting locked out.
I do it too (wallet, cell phone, iPod, keys, sunglasses if sunny & I'm wearing shorts) - always before I leave the house, and if I've been walking/standing for a while, I check to make sure it's still there (usually because it's comfortably settled and I forget it's there)

omg, I do that too.

Top Bottom