• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Things you think that only YOU do. (AKA OCD Thread, LOL)

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
Whenever I'm in my neighborhood (A generic little townhouse-town where the entirety of the space directly in front of houses is for parking0 and a car goes by, I duck behind a car or another object so that if the car started a drive-by, it wouldn't have a line of sight to me.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Whenever I'm in my neighborhood (A generic little townhouse-town where the entirety of the space directly in front of houses is for parking0 and a car goes by, I duck behind a car or another object so that if the car started a drive-by, it wouldn't have a line of sight to me.
Oh gosh, lol. Are you really paranoid or is it just a thing you do?

D13

Smash Ace
When I'm eating colored candies or fruit snacks, I sort them by color and eat the orange and yellow ones first. They're my least favorite. >_>

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
If I accidentally stub a toe, I purposefully stub the same toe on the other foot for equilibrium's sake. Likewise, sometimes if I have an itch on one side of my body I'll scratch the opposite side too.
Oh god, that's like me when I walk. I always have to take an even amount of steps because of equilibrium.
I also always start walking on my left foot and stop on my right, which is an excellent trait for marching band.
When I make one-worded lists of things, I go in alphabetical order. Backwards.
  • Zero Suit Samus
  • Zelda
  • Yoshi
  • Etc.
When I list things by color, I go in this order: red, blue, yellow, green, orange, black, purple, brown, pink, gray, white, and any other lighter colors of the ones listed.
When I eat, I have to have my rice approximately the same size as whatever the main dish is.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
The last things I HAVE to do before bed is pee...

Even if a just went and turned off a light in another room, before I go back to sleep I have to go to the loo. I think it's in my head, either that or mega-weak bladder..

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I don't care how long I stay up, but I need to wake up before 10:00 at the latest.(my goal is from 8:30-9:30) I just get really angry if I wake up later than that.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Oh god, that's like me when I walk. I always have to take an even amount of steps because of equilibrium.
I also always start walking on my left foot and stop on my right, which is an excellent trait for marching band.
Do you back up on your toes as well? I do =(

And it was annoying when there were a group of band people walking somewhere. Eventually someone would look down and realize that we ended up in step.

drcossack

Smash Ace
And it was annoying when there were a group of band people walking somewhere. Eventually someone would look down and realize that we ended up in step.
I remember from a high school County Band festival (if you want to call it that, it was one day only) someone was wearing one of those top 10 T-Shirts - it had a Marching Band theme. The only one I remember is "walking in step with someone else", but I laughed when I saw it, 'cause everything was true.

I was only in my HS Marching for 2 years (9th grade/10th grade), but, if I haven't mentioned it already: if I see I'm out of step with someone, I still do it, even if I have to alter how I walk. I catch myself right away too, but I can't help it. :chuckle:

Another thing I do is with the music on my iPod/iTunes. The first one mainly involves iTunes, but if I'm in the middle of a song and get interrupted/it skips 'cause a web page is loading, I have to restart. Same thing if I happen to drop the earbuds while I'm out somewhere. I pick them up and the song goes back to the beginning.

Elucifur

Smash Apprentice
Do you back up on your toes as well? I do =(

Hell yes. My friends and I stopped walking in step two weeks after marching season ended. I also walk (not march) to the tempo of whatever song I'm listening to. If it's a slow song, though, I walk in cut time.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Cossack, I do the same thing with my ipod. I restart the song when I miss a part, even if it was playing and I just got distracted.

Handorin

Smash Hero
If I miss a part of a song because I had to leave for a second, phone, or whatever I do the exact opposite and skip to the next song.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Hell yes. My friends and I stopped walking in step two weeks after marching season ended. I also walk (not march) to the tempo of whatever song I'm listening to. If it's a slow song, though, I walk in cut time.
I kind of do that. I don't walk in perfect time, but I speed up/slow down depending on the tempo.

Cossack, I do the same thing with my ipod. I restart the song when I miss a part, even if it was playing and I just got distracted.
heh. It's a habit I picked up when I first got the entirety of Queensrÿche's Operation: Mindcrime album (from '88) from iTunes. Since it's a concept album, it annoys the hell out of me if I miss part of a song.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Oh, haha,
ya I forget I don`t have to walk in step with my friend
in marching band, then I stop...But I realize I am doing it
again in a few seconds,
and now I do it to everyone lol.

I spell because wrong almost EVERY SINGLE FREAKING TIME I TRY TO SPELL IT!

BlublacMH

Smash Apprentice
I literally cannot sit still when I am on the phone. I cant stop myself from getting up and walking around the room or the entire house whenever I get a call. I also cant watch just one thing on tv. I have to have at least two shows to switch back and forth through (but that may just be a guy thing, my dad and granddad do the same thing)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
-eat a scallion out of the dirt.with chewing
this next one is original and no one does but me
-poops on toilet perched like a bird on a branch.so i basically squat on top of the toilet.both feet on the rim.
-drink a bottle of water in 4.5 seconds.
-drink a 12 pack of diet coke in a few hours
-walk down a wall backwards(if u know what im talking about)

Scott!

Smash Lord
Speaking of the above poster's rapid fluid-drinking habits, I can go through a liter of cherry seltzer in an evening without a problem. Mmmm.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
I'm big on DDR and whenever I play, I always crack my knuckles before and after every single song.
When I touch a basketball, no matter what the situation is or what's happening, I put it around my back.
And when I'm listening to classical music, I ever so slightly swing my head in the conducting pattern for the song (4/4, 6/8, blah blah blah...)

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
I literally cannot sit still when I am on the phone. I cant stop myself from getting up and walking around the room or the entire house whenever I get a call. I also cant watch just one thing on tv. I have to have at least two shows to switch back and forth through (but that may just be a guy thing, my dad and granddad do the same thing)
Oh yeah! I do the same thing! I absolutely cannot stand still if I'm engaged in an interesting conversation. Sometimes, when I'm talking with the friends who always call me I can sit still, but if it's anyone else, I HAVE to stand up, stop what I'm doing and walk/pace around everywhere. Usually I just go outside cause there's more space outside... and then I regret it because the mosquitoes feast on me. -_-

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Whenever I'm alone, and I sneeze, I have some strange paranoia that a monster will jump out and yell, "God bless you!"

**** horror movies...

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
- Eating jelly, with a sandwich, and no peanut butter.

- Getting upset over something so stupid, but I end up getting over it in one day, (maybe two if I don't hurt that person)

-I scream very randomly outside when I just have no one around me period. O_o;

-Also cuddling stuff animals is still my favorite thing, and being scared of butterflies irl.

pacmansays

Smash Journeyman
- Getting upset over something so stupid, but I end up getting over it in one day, (maybe two if I don't hurt that person)
I do that too

For me, absolutely not even touching cigarettes or butter physically....feels so dirty and revolting to me. But the cigarettes on is a product of my parents smoking

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
When I walk I sometimes cross my left arm behind my back and grab my right arm around the elbow.

Its kinda old manish.

FERNO

Smash Apprentice
I always wash my face after eating chips.

Drain the water from top ramen.

Make sure the bathroom door is locked at least four times , sometimes even while I'm already in the shower.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
when i watch a video on my computer, not only does my mouse icon have to be as far into the corner so i dont see it, my mouse has to be completely center on my mousepad.

i cant put up just three fingers on my left hand (index middle ring). so i cant do warios taunt lol. i have no problem doing it on my right hand.

i am scared petrified of bugs. i seriously cant stress this more. iv been trying to not be so bad about it recently (i just squashed a bug on my wall! though when the tissue was still in my hand i was shaking until i fianlly rolled it up and threw it out). it was too funny at a party at my apartment and there was a roach in my bathroom. i had pakman kill it for me lol

Make sure the bathroom door is locked at least four times , sometimes even while I'm already in the shower.
me 2

-drink a bottle of water in 4.5 seconds.s(if u know what im talking about)
il either tie this or beat this score. ppl do a double take when i grab a bottle of snapple completely normal... then be done it in like 3 seconds

Wear goggles on my forehead regularly.
judging by this and ur avatar, u like digimon a lot. me 2 lol

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
This is odd. It's like a game I play. Religiously. I have a watch that I carry around in my pocket. If I look at it, and the seconds digits say "00", I must tap the watch once for every concecutive "0." Examples:

11:45:00-2 taps
20:30:00-3 taps
10:00:00-5 taps

Yes, I use military time. Since at midnight, my watch only displays "0:00:00," and it's only worth five, I use "11:11:11" and "22:22:22" as bonus six pointers.

I also have this odd......feature. Whenever I clench my teeth, I shift the top and bottom rows slightly. Somehow I managed to turn it into talent, even though only I can hear it. I can actually make beats using only my teeth. I can do numerous drum patterns and copy multiple songs. If only there was a way to share it with the world....

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
I always secretly hope that my body is developing super powers.

No successes yet :C

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Don't remember if I've mentioned this already, but when I lie down in bed, I always end up making a full 360 turnaround within 30-minutes to an hour before falling asleep. By the time I make a full turn is when I get KO'd 'till morning. It's almost like my body's counting down untill it actually falls asleep.

Metà

Smash Master
I have always loved insects/bugs/spiders. I used to really obsess over them when I was younger. Whenever someone finds a big spider, fly, centipede, etc. in my house, I'm usually the person to deal with it. I only kill insects if they are really annoying me, but I try not to kill spiders. That probably distinguishes me from most people, but here's how I see it: spiders keep the insect population in your house under control, and most of the time they keep to themselves, so just leave them be.

Okay maybe I'm just crazy though

Top Bottom