• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unity Ruleset: Discussion

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11959822&postcount=2 = MK wins a significantly huge amount of money compared to Snake. How you interpret it is up to you, but there you go.

MK lives for a long time due to his Uair being 13 frames allowing for a ridiculous momentum cancel. Sure he dies somewhat early but this allows him to live a lot longer than he's supposed to.

And this is Super Theorycraft Bros, but air camping, Nado, scrooging, GSL, and walk forward powershield gives MK quite the bevvy of options to use on projectile users compared to other characters.

Doc King

Smash Lord
Goodness you are not reading my comments at all. I already told u I was there in person and saw what happened. Junebug beat M2k who did not adapt. He then beat Anti 2 stock. Anti then adapted and learned Junebugs habits and 2 stocked him game 2. I told Junebug he was doing the exact same thing over and over. He still continued to play the exact same way. Anti 2 stocked him game three as well. Everything junebug was going to do, I even knew what was coming. He refused to adapt himself and got frustrated that his current playstyle failed.

Stop putting characters into a box like lucario. People have put lucas in a box for years calling him a bad character, but I don't let that affect me and made him alot better. I have advanced his metagame. Esam did the same thing with pikachu. That's what I mean by stop crying and take the time to get better. Maybe YOU are the next person to advance lucario! Or are you going to whine and say he has no options because you have not advanced him yourself(if you truly believe he has no options)!
I did the same thing with King Dedede! :awesome:

I have advanced his metagame since like early 2011. First with the Wario slope infinite, along with slope chain grabbing other characters like Lucario and Ganon. Second with RCO Lag (inb4LZRcomplainsatme4mentioningitandunderratingthekingofd3sability2abuseit). Finding much use out of comboing, followups, finishers, and pressuring Mario, Marth, Falcon, and Ganon's rco lag.

I also found some jet hammer strategies along with doing combos with other characters items. The main things being the 2 things mentioned above. ppl recently have been calling D3 a trashy and crappy character. I'm still gonna do what it takes to bring the king up in metagame.

Also, there's some smashboards threads in the King D3 boards of some ppl finding good uses out of his up throw.

My D3 ATs are in the AiB boards.

Also, The metagame improves infinitely so you should never give up on your character.

zmx

Smash Lord
That's another reason why mk should be banned because all of the anti arguments seem to be for the most part rather stupid and invalid compared to the pro arguments. Thanks for helping me get my point straight with the anti banners. ;)
This is coming from the guy that actually tried to use "because the majority says so" as a valid argument.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
You know Doc King, the whole "I am right because all of the anti-ban arguments are wrong" shtick isn't very appealing.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone can deny that he's too good, it's just a matter of "is it enough to ban him." The meta-game is a little too MK centered, but looking at his match ups, his odds against all other top tier characters are rarely over 60:40 (and are even considered even by a few other character groups such as Falco and Wario), and while he SHOULD have at least some negative matchups, its not like he has an overwhelming advantage across the board. And imo a 55:45 matchup can be brought back to even or even more due to difference in things like playstyle. It would be great if MK was patched, but he wasn't so w.e.

At this point, I think banning him would hurt the community more than help it as I believe (and again this is my opinion) that we would lose more players than we would gain from such an action. In any case, the high (pro) level of play wouldn't be greatly affected anyways. If you want to be the best, you use a top-tier character, not a low-tier one. The only largely affected area by MK is the mid level of play, and is it worth fixing the mid-level of play and screwing over some high level players who have dedicated years to MK? Again that's opinion-based, but I think not.

Anyways, that's pretty much how I feel about all of this. In short, if I had a choice I'd say I'm anti-ban, but I definitly see the point of the pro-banners as well.
That seems like a good point. But since of so much mk success lately, I don't think those matchups will become better. Like Diddy vs. MK used to be even, look at it now, it's like 45-55 or 40-60. Also ppl have quit because of mk, so you can't say that as a reason really since only like 3 ppl will quit which are like M2K and Tyrant.
You didn't read my previous post at all did you?

1. MK doesn't to this day win every tourny including Apex which is supposed to host the best players in the world. Last Apex, Falco won. A more recent tourny Wario won. There goes your argument that he's always on top.
2. Regarding all attempts at beating him have failed and that he's 5X better than everyone else. Refer to point 1 again. If he was truly 5X better or even close in every tourny at least the top 10 would be all MKs.
3. I explain arguably two of MKs biggest weaknesses in high level play. Please actually read my first post.
4. Follow your own advice and look at tourny winnings. Clearly you haven't bothered or you wouldn't say he's always on top.

This game is all about adapting and those that are too lazy to adapt and won't change their playstyles blame MK for losing when it's often their own fault. Yes MK is the best character in the game. But he's not so good that he needs to be banned. The top tourny results is enough evidence of this.
1. Well pretty much every tourney. Genesis 2 was pretty much mk dittos and M2K won. Ktar 6 was mk dittos for the most part. Also, last Apex was a while ago. I mean only occasionally, a random top tier will come on top, but for the most part, its :metaknight:.

2. In tourney success or usage (I forget), he's 5 times better than the others.

3. His biggest weaknesses being only like 2 little things proves that he's broken and should be banned in tournies.

4. I did and saw stuff like top 8 being pretty much all mk.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11959822&postcount=2 = MK wins a significantly huge amount of money compared to Snake. How you interpret it is up to you, but there you go.

MK lives for a long time due to his Uair being 13 frames allowing for a ridiculous momentum cancel. Sure he dies somewhat early but this allows him to live a lot longer than he's supposed to.

And this is Super Theorycraft Bros, but air camping, Nado, scrooging, GSL, and walk forward powershield gives MK quite the bevvy of options to use on projectile users compared to other characters.
Also, his d smash, shuttle loop, fastest roll in the game (Giving very good spacing), and good oos option are other good things to mention.
This is coming from the guy that actually tried to use "because the majority says so" as a valid argument.
Well, It's a majority of competitive smash players and even pros. That means that it's a valid argument.
You know Doc King, the whole "I am right because all of the anti-ban arguments are wrong" shtick isn't very appealing.
A majority of the anti ban arguments as far as I've heard are pretty lacking compared to the pro arguments.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Ally has the best basics in the game

Hands down
I know... BROKEN >_<

I'm sorry, I didn't relize that. I didn't get into this game until like 2010, so I apologize if I was incorrect.
If you don't know what you're talking about stop posting like you do. All it does is encourage ignorance from other posters, and discourage people who know from posting.

Doc King

Smash Lord
I know... BROKEN >_<

If you don't know what you're talking about stop posting like you do. All it does is encourage ignorance from other posters, and discourage people who know from posting.
I just assumed that Atomsk at some point picked up mk and kept playing him until the mk ban thing came up. I thought he quit D3 completely and started maining mk. It was my bad, like I mentioned to him in a quote.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I really think it would be in your best interests to quiet down and just listen for a while, Doc King.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I know... BROKEN >_<

Orion...

Isn't...

Trolling...

What the **** has SWF done to you? lmao

Flayl

Smash Hero
All that people need to convince me that MK shouldn't be banned is "prove" (read: Give good evidence for) him having at least 1 matchup that isn't in his favor outside of the ditto.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
All that people need to convince me that MK shouldn't be banned is "prove" (read: Give good evidence for) him having at least 1 matchup that isn't in his favor outside of the ditto.
Falco and Wario are sometimes considered even with MK. In addition, some people argue that with the right combonation of stage striking and character switching, one can gain a positive matchup. Unsure of the exact workings of this, but if you choose your character/stage correctly after each game in the set, you can have a close to even (or even a little positive) match up with MK. Or so I've heard. Please feel free to correct me if this is wrong.

But I don't think any one character can get a positive no matter how you play it. Don't get me wrong, just cause I'm anti-ban doesn't mean I don't think he's over powered. Just not enough to ban him.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
There's a good argument for MK having neutrals and disadvantages on FD, but all MK has to do is ban FD and then the runners up are pretty lacking. If someone uses their ban up for the benefit of their main but then has to switch to MK you can get him to FD that way I suppose.

Some people think smashville is powerful enough too, though.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Falco and Wario are sometimes considered even with MK. In addition, some people argue that with the right combonation of stage striking and character switching, one can gain a positive matchup. Unsure of the exact workings of this, but if you choose your character/stage correctly after each game in the set, you can have a close to even (or even a little positive) match up with MK. Or so I've heard. Please feel free to correct me if this is wrong.

But I don't think any one character can get a positive no matter how you play it. Don't get me wrong, just cause I'm anti-ban doesn't mean I don't think he's over powered. Just not enough to ban him.
Wario has def. switched those feelings. Now they vary from 45:55(a few) to 40:60 or worse(most)

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Wario has def. switched those feelings. Now they vary from 45:55(a few) to 40:60 or worse(most)
Was wonderin about that. Falco I could see but I didn't think Wario was even. But a matchup thread a saw a couple months ago listed it as 50:50 and there were a few supporting posts if I recall. But this wasn't SWF, just some other random chart. I'll place my trust in you guys cause you prolly know better than me lol.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Just an update to the community:

AZ has opened up discussion on the Rule Committees current Pause rules in light of the recent incident at SIIS this weekend. We will be doing due diligence on the matter and hope to come to a satisfactory conclusion for the community in a timely fashion.

If you have any more details you feel would be helpful in directing our discussion, feel free to PM me and I will make sure to forward your sentiments to the rest of the committee in some form.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Just an update to the community:

AZ has opened up discussion on the Rule Committees current Pause rules in light of the recent incident at SIIS this weekend. We will be doing due diligence on the matter and hope to come to a satisfactory conclusion for the community in a timely fashion.

If you have any more details you feel would be helpful in directing our discussion, feel free to PM me and I will make sure to forward your sentiments to the rest of the committee in some form.
Does that mean you stopped reading every post? Most of the people reading this thread have commented how they feel about it and why.

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
ADHD, brought up a good point in another thread, that ever since Brawl's creation and the competitive scene started, MK's matchups have actually gone from even to his favor. To me, this shows me that the idea of MK being somewhat equal HAS been discussed, and in fact was the case. Look at some of the older tier lists, you'll see that MK was once held in S tier along with the top tier characters we now see in A. Eventually they realized you can't do that since it is true that he is better than every other character. Yes, i put it THAT bluntly. But it's true to an extent.

I agree with the anti-banners, that yes, it's not like Meta wins EVERY tourney, but have you ever gone to a tourney where a Meta doesn't make it far? I've been to only a few tourneys but EVERY doubles tourney turns into a MK & MK VS. MK & MK. That's the problem, in Melee, from what i see, yes there was the big 4, but it's not like every other character wasn't viable. It's not like Fox was automatically SO good that he could just use one move and completely demolished his opponent. I'm comparing this to nado, and why DK and bowser have a hard time dealing with it because of there large size. I wasn't a Melee player so pardon if my argument seems a bit off here, but when i'm bored and I look up a melee game, i always try to look at a non-top tier character. I've watched one where i saw a Mewtwo Vs Falco. I could tell, Mewtwo's biggest flaw was his up b having no hit frames making him easily ledge guarded, but watching him play i was brought back to "wow, he's really good" and to me, it doesn't look like the player was JUST THAT GOOD, but that in reality alot of characters in Melee were really good if you know how to use them.

My biggest problem with Meta is just how he rules the game. It's not right to read character threads and have to read things like "*blank attack* is good as it's your defense against nado." I shouldn't have to look at ONE move in the scheme of an attack just to make it good. In reality a good move is one that has multiple good uses, and it shouldn't be mentioned how it beats another one UNLESS it was a problem. The mention of nado shouldn't need to be mentioned unless there was the WILD IDEA that you may have to run into it. I learned recently that a well spaced Ike B-air can break nado cleanly... does that mean Ike should move up the tier list? Hey, that's what i read about Wolf's recent jump was his MK matchup.

Does one character really have the authority to shake the entire Tier list? No, i try to level with anti-banners, but honestly it seems like most of Meta's attacks make me think... A lot of Meta players will say essentially to "deal with it and learn to counter it" but we shouldn't HAVE to learn to counter it, when it actuality they don't HAVE to learn much against other players. It's the fact that a MK main, could never face the matchup of let's just say Mario and still do a decent job fighting it just because of the sheer strength of his character. Maybe Mario's a bad choice because of HOW low he is, but DK, and even D3 may never have to be studied for a MK main since his character is already good enough that the basic MK style can be used effectively on many characters (mainly mid to low tiered ones).

the argument that Meta would make people leave is true, but i think we'll win more back. I talk to a fair bit of casual Brawl players and it's the fact that they ALL know that Meta is the best, and even if they don't know why. I see videos on Youtube that make fun of the Brawl in the fact that "everyone plays Metaknight" and honestly, if he was banned, don't you think people may start thinking, "hey they banned MetaKnight, Want to enter a tourney" or something like that. Plus, i think we call ALL agree that the MK mains that don't quit won't just go Diddy or Snake but they'll probably settle on something else (probably Marth) I'm just saying the 20% of MK mains in brawl won't just all go to one character, it'll be more spread out.

I think that for the sake of fairness in the community, if people WANT to play Mario, DK, Link, Jiggly, Ness, Fox or any other mid to low tier. Let them, they should be able to play to put in REAL good competition to any character in the game. I almost have more respect for Poltergust being in the top 50 than any Meta that makes it to the top 10. Why? Because he HAS to deal with the constant spread of MK's and although you could use this in the Anti-ban argument, think about how hard Poltergust has to study to learn his character where as i know people who may not have mastered MK per se and all of a sudden become big in my scene?

This was a long post... but i stick true to it.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I think that for the sake of fairness in the community, if people WANT to play Mario, DK, Link, Jiggly, Ness, Fox or any other mid to low tier. Let them, they should be able to play to put in REAL good competition to any character in the game. I almost have more respect for Poltergust being in the top 50 than any Meta that makes it to the top 10. Why? Because he HAS to deal with the constant spread of MK's and although you could use this in the Anti-ban argument, think about how hard Poltergust has to study to learn his character where as i know people who may not have mastered MK per se and all of a sudden become big in my scene?

This community is so scrubby it's painful.

EDIT: I should expound more.
The fact you buy into captain-falcon-is-too-cool-for-school bull and respect low tier players more is scrubby. It shows that you place arbitrary value on things that don't help you win, and then push that value onto the context of a competition that is defined by winning.
Mario isn't viable with MK gone. Mario can win a lot more as a goof off "I refuse to play good characters and that makes me cool" but he does not become a competitive pick. Yoshi is not a competitive pick. With full appreciation for all Poltergust has done, there's a high degree of probability he would do at least as well playing a high tier character.

If you're going to play characters whether they're viable or not, what gives you the right to force an MK player to change his character choice because MK is too viable himself?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
wth Doc King...u just agreed with me. Yer confusing me but if u understand then stop crying over mk. Because us players who have advanced our character and play a certain(adapting and reading) way don't cry over mk.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
ADHD, brought up a good point in another thread, that ever since Brawl's creation and the competitive scene started, MK's matchups have actually gone from even to his favor. To me, this shows me that the idea of MK being somewhat equal HAS been discussed, and in fact was the case. Look at some of the older tier lists, you'll see that MK was once held in S tier along with the top tier characters we now see in A. Eventually they realized you can't do that since it is true that he is better than every other character. Yes, i put it THAT bluntly. But it's true to an extent.

I agree with the anti-banners, that yes, it's not like Meta wins EVERY tourney, but have you ever gone to a tourney where a Meta doesn't make it far? I've been to only a few tourneys but EVERY doubles tourney turns into a MK & MK VS. MK & MK. That's the problem, in Melee, from what i see, yes there was the big 4, but it's not like every other character wasn't viable. It's not like Fox was automatically SO good that he could just use one move and completely demolished his opponent. I'm comparing this to nado, and why DK and bowser have a hard time dealing with it because of there large size. I wasn't a Melee player so pardon if my argument seems a bit off here, but when i'm bored and I look up a melee game, i always try to look at a non-top tier character. I've watched one where i saw a Mewtwo Vs Falco. I could tell, Mewtwo's biggest flaw was his up b having no hit frames making him easily ledge guarded, but watching him play i was brought back to "wow, he's really good" and to me, it doesn't look like the player was JUST THAT GOOD, but that in reality alot of characters in Melee were really good if you know how to use them.

My biggest problem with Meta is just how he rules the game. It's not right to read character threads and have to read things like "*blank attack* is good as it's your defense against nado." I shouldn't have to look at ONE move in the scheme of an attack just to make it good. In reality a good move is one that has multiple good uses, and it shouldn't be mentioned how it beats another one UNLESS it was a problem. The mention of nado shouldn't need to be mentioned unless there was the WILD IDEA that you may have to run into it. I learned recently that a well spaced Ike B-air can break nado cleanly... does that mean Ike should move up the tier list? Hey, that's what i read about Wolf's recent jump was his MK matchup.

Does one character really have the authority to shake the entire Tier list? No, i try to level with anti-banners, but honestly it seems like most of Meta's attacks make me think... A lot of Meta players will say essentially to "deal with it and learn to counter it" but we shouldn't HAVE to learn to counter it, when it actuality they don't HAVE to learn much against other players. It's the fact that a MK main, could never face the matchup of let's just say Mario and still do a decent job fighting it just because of the sheer strength of his character. Maybe Mario's a bad choice because of HOW low he is, but DK, and even D3 may never have to be studied for a MK main since his character is already good enough that the basic MK style can be used effectively on many characters (mainly mid to low tiered ones).

the argument that Meta would make people leave is true, but i think we'll win more back. I talk to a fair bit of casual Brawl players and it's the fact that they ALL know that Meta is the best, and even if they don't know why. I see videos on Youtube that make fun of the Brawl in the fact that "everyone plays Metaknight" and honestly, if he was banned, don't you think people may start thinking, "hey they banned MetaKnight, Want to enter a tourney" or something like that. Plus, i think we call ALL agree that the MK mains that don't quit won't just go Diddy or Snake but they'll probably settle on something else (probably Marth) I'm just saying the 20% of MK mains in brawl won't just all go to one character, it'll be more spread out.

There are some agreeable points in here. But we've already agreed he's too good, where's the factor that says "that's too much?" Also, the factor that some of MKs moves recieve special attention (Nado, GSL, etc) is not necessarily unique. While the topic of avoiding nado is common, are CGs not just as bad if not worse? I know nado is just one aspect of a character with many, many more traits like this, but I just see no singular drastic factor that's like OMG he must be banned. And does it not make sense that a low-tier character that does well against a common high-tier character should be bumped up in any game? It makes that character more viable.

There's truth in the low tier (like mario) vs high tier (like MK) argument and I defs have more respect for pros who use lower tier characters. But for the most part, the adverse effect of MK is on the mid level of play. Someone might go and play with some freinds and be destroyed by an MK because they play Falcon. But if that person decides to do their homework on the MU, it becomes a realy game. And unless that MK comes back with research of their own, I'd bet on Falcon. This is what high level players do (as well as mid level players who want to become better). Pros study all their difficult MUs and learn to deal with them. And if MK was banned, would you see alot more low tier characters on the pro scence? Probably not. The mid level of play would diversify quite a bit, but the high level of play would still be confined to A-Tier with some B-Tier becuase if you want to be the best, you don't chose a low tier char. You choose a high tier one.

What I think it comes down to is the question of is it worth helping out the mid level players who don't really care that much about the game (because any who do the work they need to advance to the high level) at the cost of screwing all the MK mains who have spent years of study on their game? While I sympathize with the mid level players who are getting beat by their MK friends, imo the real focus here is the competitive community and I believe that banning MK will be more harmful than helpful to that community of people.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
this community is so scrubby it's painful.

Edit: I should expound more.
The fact you buy into captain-falcon-is-too-cool-for-school bull and respect low tier players more is scrubby. It shows that you place arbitrary value on things that don't help you win, and then push that value onto the context of a competition that is defined by winning.
Mario isn't viable with mk gone. Mario can win a lot more as a goof off "i refuse to play good characters and that makes me cool" but he does not become a competitive pick. Yoshi is not a competitive pick. With full appreciation for all poltergust has done, there's a high degree of probability he would do at least as well playing a high tier character.

If you're going to play characters whether they're viable or not, what gives you the right to force an mk player to change his character choice because mk is too viable himself?
this ^

wth Doc King...u just agreed with me. Yer confusing me but if u understand then stop crying over mk. Because us players who have advanced our character and play a certain(adapting and reading) way don't cry over mk.
and this ^

Cr0wbaR

Smash Apprentice
I didn't mean to sound like i'm crying over MK, you're all right, other top tier characters are good, and would probably push down the mid to low tier characters just as well. I used mid to low tiers to exaggerate the scenario, but you can't deny that even Diddy and Snake have a hard enough time dealing with their own negative matchups where as MK doesn't have to deal with negative matchups, he has to deal with positive (close to even) matchups... Seems like why don't we all just play MK?

haha, when you think about it, if we wanted a perfectly even game in Brawl (which would probably never happen) We may as well to character tourneys, where all entrants use the same character. It would make the game even for sure. So i agree that if I played D3, or Olimar or something, i have to deal with the faults of my character.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Hey, I give tons of respect to low tiers who perform well, 'cause they're playing this game on hard mode. But that doesn't mean the top Meta Knight players deserve any less respect for being at the top.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
@El Dimino. Smash is like a game of chess. Yes, certain characters have more pieces but every character has the same basic pieces to begin with. Like shielding, air dodge, down dodge, rolling, etc. That's what people first need to master how to use. All the basics that people can do and will do, and learn how to read when they are done.

One great technique that works against many mk's(and any character) is running up to them and shielding. If they attack u can counter after. If they grab well u just take a few percents. If u listen to commentators during my gameplay, they are always like "Mekos gets grabbed alot. The other player is reading him well and doing mixups". No, not at all. I'm putting myself in the situation that the only punish that can happen to me is a grab. This is a basic thing to do and many players don't have this trick in their arsenal.

Master the basics before giving up!
Umm
Pretty sure every player ever uses approaching shield.
It's like the staple approach of many characters.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Can we stop with posts that don't contribute at all? I've posted so much in this topic I'm sure I'm guilty of that at least once but I want people to be able to follow the thread easily.

People who main low tiers only deserve respect the way someone who cuts my lawn with crayola scissors does. Their skill with the inferior tool is interesting and unique, but it has nothing to do with the final product. You get referred to my other neighbors if the lawn looks good, regardless of how you did it.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
Can we stop with posts that don't contribute at all? I've posted so much in this topic I'm sure I'm guilty of that at least once but I want people to be able to follow the thread easily.

People who main low tiers only deserve respect the way someone who cuts my lawn with crayola scissors does. Their skill with the inferior tool is interesting and unique, but it has nothing to do with the final product. You get referred to my other neighbors if the lawn looks good, regardless of how you did it.
That is an EXCELLENT analogy (imo). I agree completely. Why use scissors when you can use a lawnmower lol.

Cassio

Smash Master
I thought the community had moved on from the "MK is broken" argument...cant we just ignore the isolated incidents its brought up again?
Actually, yeah, you're right. 5% isn't enough, considering the drastically lowered sample size from last time. 10% is probably better to compensate.
As someone said there is no way to quantify margin of error for a voluntary poll. You can barely even call the poll statistical analysis or statistics, it breaks a cardinal rule that you either need a simple random sample or at least a random sample (by the definition of the method, not the term "random"). Saying its 10% off isnt any different than saying it can 50% off downward and 2% upward, the best we can do is make subjective judgements.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
As someone said there is no way to quantify margin of error for a voluntary poll. You can barely even call the poll statistical analysis or statistics, it breaks a cardinal rule that you either need a simple random sample or at least a random sample (by the definition of the method, not the term "random"). Saying its 10% off isnt any different than saying it can 50% off downward and 2% upward, the best we can do is make subjective judgements.
You can quantify it by personal gut feeling, which is how I do it, but obviously it's not valid. All you can really say it "Well it as volunteer bias" and end it at that. There are also trends to suggest that, when asking about a polarizing issue involving the status quo, those who are more radical tend to be more likely to respond.

Meta Knight is broken, planking.
MK can only plank when he has the lead, and he has no surefire way to gain the lead, thus he is not broken, just extremely good.

Cassio

Smash Master
Yeh, I meant to imply that when I mentioned subjective judgements. And as Ive stated before voluntary polls traditionally favor the more passionate side (and thats not just my own assesment).

@Grim Thats a different more specific argument, in regards to ruleset alterations for specific characters. I was referring more to the type of arguments Doc and sort of flayl brought up.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
MK can only plank when he has the lead, and he has no surefire way to gain the lead, thus he is not broken, just extremely good.
Semantics.

@Grim Thats a different more specific argument, in regards to ruleset alterations for specific characters. I was referring more to the type of arguments Doc and sort of flayl brought up.
It is, however, an argument that I have yet to see a counter for, I've brought up the hundreds of thousands of double standards a LGL creates so many times now.

Top Bottom