• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
That's what I thought too but really it depends what it is. Most employers don't give a **** unless it's serious.

:phone:
Yeah but if you want what society calls a "respectable" job then you have to be squeaky clean.

Of course to me work is work and is commendable but yeah society's pet jobs need you to have no sheet.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Super sick, missed out on going out with friends for a while now and my source of money has just been cut off :(

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
That means my cousin's ****ed then because he's got a drink driving charge and he's at uni.
Not sure about stringent things there, but over in America that's a death charge for employment; a company can always find someone else.

It's part of the problem here in this area. People go to jail... but when they are released there is nothing for them. Jail is supposed to rehabilitate people into functioning members of society... but all it's been doing is creating a vicious cycle.

Smash Master
Not sure about stringent things there, but over in America that's a death charge for employment; a company can always find someone else.

It's part of the problem here in this area. People go to jail... but when they are released there is nothing for them. Jail is supposed to rehabilitate people into functioning members of society... but all it's been doing is creating a vicious cycle.
And now we have for-profit prisons because capitalism. Or at least the average citizen's *******ized understanding of what that word means.

I can honestly say I've never had a pleasant experience with a cop, despite never breaking the law (and getting caught)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Get **** faced all the time!

Been doing this for about 5 years and it hasn't done me any harm.

I mean ****, I grew muscles and attained perfect health doing this.

As for sex, I don't need drink to have game, I mean I'll be honest, I can't even get it up when I', ****faced (like now).

Kinda makes me sad because so many missed opportunities ;__;

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Pretty much, sorry to hear that.
Not too fussed, he should've thought about that before he nicked his mums car, got it stuck in a ditch with a passenger and ditched it whilst drunk.

Also he'll probably just get whatever job he's looking for. Even though he's gotten fired, suspended from school and a criminal record, he still seems to get whatever he wants because so far society just doesn't seem to give a ****.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I really want to sleep but between the police sirens and the drunk neighbors I won't be sleeping anytime soon. :(

anybody have any advice on losing weight? im working out and running everyday, cut my portions by half, but im losing barely anything...
Try focusing more on having a balanced diet and making sure your body is getting everything it needs. Beware uncontrolled snacking, that's an easy way to consume unnecessary calories without realizing it. I recently found out that I was eating 800 calories in chips and salsa without even meaning to. Also, drink tons of water and cut out any soda/sugary drink and especially starbucks or other coffee shop drinks. That's everything off the top of my head now.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Takumaru touched on everything. People think losing weight is impossible, but on the contrary, all you need to do is do a very slight diet and exercise. I went on a very subtle diet and lost 20 lbs in a year. Not hard at all, i just cut down on stacking and soda. Imagine if I exercised. Lol

Smash Master
I gave up soda for a year and nothing changed. Now I'm trying again but including all sugary drinks.
The low-carb thing works in the short term, from my experience. So much cabbage and chicken...

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Been depressed for a while, can't really remember the last time I was happy. There are things I am looking forward to in life, but they are far in the future, and I'm very impatient.

Meh, blah, blah, doom and gloom.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
Stuff is finally going right for me for the first time in years, but I still feel discontent. I guess it's because I'm still trying to grapple with whether or not I'm a good person.

-sigh-

Also, I haven't been on this site in almost a year, and it feels new to me.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I really wish I hadn't masturbated this morning. I feel like bad things are happening to me because I did this.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Well it looks like I managed to avoid disaster. I'm grateful for that.

In fact this may all prove to be a blessing...or not. We'll see.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Paul Mckenna had a good idea for eating. Just eat and that's it when you eat. No reading or internet or tv or major distractions..then stop when you're full. And that's it. I lost 30 lbs that way.

Never really noticed this thread before.. read the first couple pages made me lol for a sec.

But my ex texted me today and wanted to know if applying at my job would be a good idea.
I'm not on bad terms per se with her but evertime we're together things start happening that after words send me spiraling back down almost like when we were done to begin with.

Last time we saw each other and had time alone about a month ago she was apologetic about everything that happened in the past and everything in general and kept hugging me and just made me idk.. hard to describe being angry, happy and miserable all at the same time.

Now she's seeing somebody different from the ******* she was with before. He's a pretty cool dude I had tried and continue to try to convince myself that I'm over her but there are times that are still hard I just can't seem to move on. Sorta like this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL53HEtnZKs

I use this version rather than the normal version which sounds angrier which is not the case here.

It doesn't help that I have court stuff coming up and so my life is at a stand still in some ways. I can't move ahead even though I want to. Yeah I know another typical wah wah girl emotry post, but what can ya do.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Yesterday night, I had this dream which started off with my xbox being at a store and I'm about to pick it up, then some Asian dude who works there just gave me games for no reason(One was Mortal Kombat, the rest was never shown :( ) so I had a talk with him and the next moment. I suddenly end up at my aunts house with a friend(not even a very close friend) and since they were doing some changes in a room, the dream showed that but it also included an extension that doesnt exist along with an elevator, I leave my phone at a nearby table and try it out, a few seconds later I find it out it doesn't work and I'm stuck, 3 seconds onto that I woke up. -________________________-

I hate cliffhangers like that, the first part with the Asian guy seems completely random, but the later bit is just weird.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
My Grandma passed away this morning. She just turned 83 a few weeks ago, but had lung cancer (never smoked a day in her life, either) and we knew she wasn't doing well at all. Honestly, I'm happy she doesn't have to suffer...but it's still upsetting. I feel especially bad for my mom and my aunts and uncles. They lost their dad 47 years ago, and were raised almost singlehandedly by my grandma (and her mother). She was a great woman and will be missed.

Hopefully this won't cause a war amongst my family though...we have little bouts of drama, mostly due to my freeloading uncle and his family...hopefully that won't escalate.
...that uncle's ex wife (who we know as Red because of her cherry red hair) better not try to take Grandma's dog....she suggested it, and we all wanted to punch her, since she put down her dog recently because "it was obsessed with her"....

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Don't worry... My family is adopting him :) he's a real cutie and has stayed with us before, so he's like a part of the family already

But since this is the unhappy thread, I sadly have unhappiness to post > o<
I had a small mental breakdown an hour ago....I'm just stressing out too much over college and grandma. Plus, I haven't given myself a chance to grieve yet. I don't like showing emotion in front of family, and I'm always compelled to keep a strong face in trouble to help/not worry others. I've been like this since I was reaaaallllly young. I feel a little better now that I got rid of that emotional stress...but this week will be a real test of strength.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
T'was dark, tried putting a game into my PS3, put it in upside-down on accident, and now I can't get it out. Tried hitting eject, holding eject for 15 seconds, turning on and off the system while holding eject, blah blah and nothing. Cool stuff, imo. :c

Top Bottom