• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Rubyiris: Is there a shelter you can go to? Don't know what the weather is like over there, but you'll probably want warm clothes and your ID card.
I'm trying to debate on how much i can realistically carry onto public transit and places with public wifi. I have a few large travel bags and a backpack and I'm thinking about just keeping whatever fits into those.

I'm weighing the pros and cons of carrying around bedding. I feel like it's too bulky, however.

There are shelters but I'm not too terribly fond of them. They're either too far from good job searching sites, where I currently reside, or don't really support my needs. A lot (actually everyone I've looked into LOL) of them are HEAVILY religion based, which I think is bull****.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
why does it matter if its religion based? Just listen and nod and then grab a bed for yourself. Its better than the streets.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Rubyiris: I agree with Master Xanthan. It's going to suck, but it's probably better than the streets. You'll want to be clean for a job interview anyway.

Bedding is incredibly bulky and hard to carry around. If you have a small blanket maybe you can tie it up with rope. Since you're looking for public wifi, I guess you're carrying around electronics, which is also going to weigh you down. I guess, make like you're camping and bring travel sized toiletries, baby wipes, etc. A towel and a plastic water bottle might be useful. If there's a park you can camp out at, you might try that. Also, if you are sleeping outside, you might need a self-defense tool.

If it's too much to carry, just steal a shopping cart.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
If you're bringing electronics and sleeping outside, that's not really a great idea. Even if you have a self-defense tool, when your asleep, your unprotected, meaning someone could easily steal your electronics or anything else valuable. A shelter is really your best bet. Hope your luck gets better.

mzink*

Smash Ace
My friends wrecked my truck and then bought themselves a shiny new truck.
It makes me sad.
I am happy that no one was hurt but when I see their shiny truck I miss my truck and it makes me sad.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
My feet are starting to hurt me when I walk outside, it's because I took the soles out of my boots and I don't have any socks. Unfortunately I can't by any socks until tomorrow. I hate pain.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
My friends wrecked my truck and then bought themselves a shiny new truck.
It makes me sad.
I am happy that no one was hurt but when I see their shiny truck I miss my truck and it makes me sad.
That doesn't make any sense, they should be buying a new truck for you not for themselves.

Edit: Also, I took my driver's test yesterday and I did good on everything except for parallel parking. So I didn't pass because of that. I guess I'll need to practice more. When I practice parallel parking on my own, I have each cone set up 25 feet away from the curb. Is that the correct distance from the curb that the cones should be? Or should it be a different distance?

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I found literally the greatest Calvin klein turquoise plaid shirt in the ****ing world at Elder Beerman earlier, but I didn't buy it because it's expensive as ****. I've since determined I need to go back and get it anyway, as you can't put a price on looking that goddamn sexy

I finally got a haircut and I look like a goddamn little kid again

:[

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm trying to optimize my class schedule, and I can't because my incompetent boss hasn't sent me my assigned assigned work hours. Middle aged women :rolleyes:

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Braces in three days. Wisdom tooth removal shortly after. I am overwhelmed with excitement.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Adults with braces do get a really hard time though, but that's just people being ***holea ss per usual.

Gatlin

How old are you? Is there an age requirement to be on this website?
I am 18, hah. Just never been very serious about getting them until now. They do have quite an expensive price tag.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I think I'm getting an impacted wisdom tooth growing in. it hurts
Man, my wisdom tooth (I was only born with one) hurt like hell when it had to come out and it wasn't even impacted. They said the pain was a lot worse, so glad I missed that.

Any chance on getting it removed?

Gatlin

Both my bottoms are actually impacted, which is pretty much why I need to get braces. They pushed my teeth together and made them all wonky. It is not a very pleasant feel agreed.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
At the moment, I think it is just starting to grow out because it's mostly my gum that hurts. It is growing in at that sidewards impacted angle though. I will have to get it removed because it's swollen the gums up so much I can't clench my teeth together at all.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'm worried about one of my best friends, I haven't heard from her since she went on vacation, I'm worried that her plane crashed or she got hurt over there or something. I just texted her and still no response. Classes start tomorrow so she should already be back on campus. I'm worried :(

Recently, I've been getting these strange, indescribable feelings of fear or negativity.

During the day, during the night, I feel fearful. I can't sleep for quite a bit of the night because I'm scared of something. I don't know what it is.

It's like a minor waking nightmare.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Most likely there'd be a big to-do if a plane crashed. Her flight is probably just delayed from a storm.
IDK...her plane was supposed to arrive a few days ago so I doubt it's cuz of a storm. According to Plane Crash info there have been no plane crashes which she could have been on. Granted she could still have been killed or kidnapped abroad, but I still feel more comfortable knowing that she couldn't have died in a plane crash.

Edit: And she's alive. I worry too much sometimes.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
A week ago my boyfriend and I got into a car crash, we're both fine but his car was totaled. Because of this there is a lot of money needed to not only buy a new car but to also pay the fees as well. This has been putting a lot of stress on him since he has just recently lost his job as well, and i've been doing as much as I can to make him feel better. Most of the time i'm just an emotional sponge for him to vent to.

I may not mind letting him vent to me but now i'm holding onto his fears and my own emotions too (seeing as this was my first car accident). Ever since then i've fallen into somewhat of a slight depression, where all I do all day is sleep and stare off into space. Video games and drawing are not holding my interest anymore and I tend to wory constantly. As much as I would want to talk to him about this I can't because I honestly believe he has enough to worry about right now. For the time being i'm healing my emotions and my crash wounds by myself.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Recently, I've been getting these strange, indescribable feelings of fear or negativity.

During the day, during the night, I feel fearful. I can't sleep for quite a bit of the night because I'm scared of something. I don't know what it is.

It's like a minor waking nightmare.
Might be worth talking to a counselor about. It could be an anxiety disorder.

A week ago my boyfriend and I got into a car crash, we're both fine but his car was totaled. Because of this there is a lot of money needed to not only buy a new car but to also pay the fees as well. This has been putting a lot of stress on him since he has just recently lost his job as well, and i've been doing as much as I can to make him feel better. Most of the time i'm just an emotional sponge for him to vent to.

I may not mind letting him vent to me but now i'm holding onto his fears and my own emotions too (seeing as this was my first car accident). Ever since then i've fallen into somewhat of a slight depression, where all I do all day is sleep and stare off into space. Video games and drawing are not holding my interest anymore and I tend to wory constantly. As much as I would want to talk to him about this I can't because I honestly believe he has enough to worry about right now. For the time being i'm healing my emotions and my crash wounds by myself.
Have you considered talking to a friend or family member? Your boyfriend might have too much to deal with, but I'd hope there's someone else who can look out for you.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

Do you not have insurance? Surely that would take the stress off things a bit and give you two time to talk.

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
Do you not have insurance? Surely that would take the stress off things a bit and give you two time to talk.
I'm not entierly sure the insurance would cover it. Or if it is, there's still a rather large bulk to pay from our pockets. Worst part is neither of us have jobs right now, so i'm not entierly sure where this money will be coming from.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I need to take 20 credits to graduate this semester. Since all the classes I would take are 3 credits, the school recommend I take an independent study in my department. One of my professors is teaching a very interesting course, but it's an advance course so I thought I'd take it as a 2 credit independent study instead. The professor is against this and wants me to take it as a full 3 credits. He does however say that he has an possible internship which I may be a good candidate for. However as of right now there is nothing is set in stone.

I may get that internship for 2 credits(I'm not sure if it'll even be possible to work that into my current schedule, and my professor may in fact let me take that course as 2 credits, but maybe none of that will happen. *sighs*

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Today was a terrible, terrible day.

I lost one of my 2 jobs. I lost my starting position on the lacrosse team. My two friends stabbed me in the back majorly on an event. An ******* hit my car. My GPA is tanking, and I may lose my scholarship if I don't fix it. Something I'm really excited for this saturday isn't happening, and I have a 26 page paper due friday that I haven't started. I'm having random relationship troubles between friends etc as well.

Wow. This day blew.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well hopefully things can only go up from here, considering that is possibly one of the ****test days a person could experience.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Hopefully man. I got 3 weeks of spare cash to go before I start tanking the account... so hopefully that'll be enough time to find another part time side job. I still have my other job so it's not a total loss though.

That and I'm probably done with lacrosse. Ugh.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I'll be on Skype dude when you want to talk about it.

That is a really ****ty day.

Rubyiris I wish you the very best of luck.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I have a very strong feeling that my school is going to churn out a massive amount of dropouts and/or failing kids who are genuinely ****ing up their hopes of having a marginally decent education, and in turn, a decent life.

Most of the comments I hear a lot from my "peers" show they don't seem to care much what happens in their future. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be caring about it, unless they're extremely obnoxious, annoying, and just an awful person to be around unless you're mildly ********.

In which case a majority are. In most of my classes.

And just so anybody reading this knows, I have normal classes. No AP or remedial.

Maybe I am making a big generalization, maybe not. Too broad a topic I don't feel like tackling, and I just wanted to get this off my chest.

Well, because of absolute **** scheduling, I have two math classes this semester.

Every day, one right after the other.

It's insane, and right now I feel hopeless.

God I'm getting more and more sad and distant, this is not good.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I've personally offended my own father, a man distanced from his own children by divorce, due to circumstances completely beyond my control.

In the grand scheme of things, what happened isn't really a big deal. It's really not any size of deal at all. It was just hearing the wounded anger, and more, the disappointment in his voice, that really bothered me.

I'm also mildly unhappy about the fact that I'm such an emotional little *****. But hey.

No, I can't add/drop classes, and I can't take an extra math class during the summer instead of take that math class this semester.

Two or more straight hours of math, as I found yesterday, goes mind-crushingly slow.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I always hated math with a passion.

In other news, my dad cost me a trip to Scotland by bailing on giving me a lift to the airport last minute.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I've personally offended my own father, a man distanced from his own children by divorce, due to circumstances completely beyond my control.

In the grand scheme of things, what happened isn't really a big deal. It's really not any size of deal at all. It was just hearing the wounded anger, and more, the disappointment in his voice, that really bothered me.

I'm also mildly unhappy about the fact that I'm such an emotional little *****. But hey.
If he is distancing himself from his kids then you've got nothing to feel bad about. Don't let him make you feel bad.

Top Bottom