• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Trivial unhappiness compared to you guys' stories but I've fallen terribly for this girl and I cant get over it. This just makes me sad throughout the day haha

@ruby: good luck man you'll pull through. I'm really sorry.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
a couple of months ago just found out i have CIDP and my hands hurt whenever i play smash its really painful . and im starting to think smash isnt worth the pain i have to go through or either take lots of drugs . i have been lying to my community about the pain just smiling it off saying how i pop in one or two pills and im fine but the pain just doesnt go away , i think its now spreading to my legs
i really dont know what to do . i love playing smash but i feel heavily fatigued after 3 hours

Grandeza

Smash Master
What the **** I keep biting this one spot on my lip that is already cut. I can't seem to help it, I just keep accidentally biting it. It really hurts every time and starts to bleed. i think I'm an idiot or something >> I know my problems are trivial but this is seriously pissing me off.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
I'm scared to go to sleep >__<;; Overactive imagination isn't being fun atm...
I kept hearing noises from what sounded like downstairs...which I now assume was actually a snow plow that just came down the street...but I'm still a tad on edge.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I kept hearing noises from what sounded like downstairs...which I now assume was actually a snow plow that just came down the street...but I'm still a tad on edge.
I have this problem a lot. I hear something in the night and immediately think "someone is breaking in".

mzink*

Smash Ace
If fear is stopping me from sleeping I usually flip the tv on with low volume. Relaxes me pretty quick.

Hope you ended up being able to get some rest eventually.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
So I need 2 more credits to graduate. I decided I wanna take a 2 credit independent study in my department. I spoke to one of the professors and she agreed to do an independent study, she already did all the paper work. Soon after another professor told me that he may have 2 credits worth of work for me, I made the mistake of agreeing to work this professor too quickly.

The truth is that the work she wants me to do is entirely unrelated to what I want to do in life(I'm graduating this semester) so I'd much rather do an independent study with someone else. But it so unbelievably rude to back out now. The professor who signed me up is like the sweetest person in the world and I'm afraid the entire department(at least my academic adviser and the department chair) will think a lot less of me and won't write as flattering letters of recommendations for me. I don't know what to do :(

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah you think that's bad?

My ears would distort sounds into things like whispering voices. The worst was when alleycats and urban foxes would howl in the night. My imagination kinda went rampant with that stuff, not good.

I slept with the lights fully on until I was 16, sue me. :3

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man if it were that easy I'd have just dropped out of school and chilled in the loonybin.

mzink*

Smash Ace
I remember reading about some lady that was schizophrenic when I was a kid and she said thought she had a spider in her brain telling her to cut up all her clothes to pieces or it would kill her. After that the prospect of hearing voices always freaked me out.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Grr.

My left upper bicuspid or canine is really misplaced. -_- The baby tooth's still there, but the adult one grew around it kind of and it's pushing against one of my other teeth, messing my whole smile up. And the baby tooth is getting really loose- I'm afraid if it falls out, then my other teeth will fill in the gap, leaving the adult one way out there. :/ But I don't want to go to a dentist for fear of costing money/having a cavity (I have a perfect record T_T)... It's getting really frustrating.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You won't want to see a dentist, if you keep this lack of action up you'll be needing an orthodontist.

The price we pay for vanity huh?

Smash Lord
I'm bored out of my mind, and want to do something that's not a video game.

I want a new social outlet, preferably not a male dominated one.

I'm actually getting depressed from boredom and lack of social activity.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Grr.

My left upper bicuspid or canine is really misplaced. -_- The baby tooth's still there, but the adult one grew around it kind of and it's pushing against one of my other teeth, messing my whole smile up. And the baby tooth is getting really loose- I'm afraid if it falls out, then my other teeth will fill in the gap, leaving the adult one way out there. :/ But I don't want to go to a dentist for fear of costing money/having a cavity (I have a perfect record T_T)... It's getting really frustrating.
If you have insurance talk it out... if you're still someone's dependent talk it out... if not...

You really should get it checked out haha.

Plus, cavities aren't the end all of anything. In my whole life I had one teeny teeny teeny one on my last molar... I panicked for awhile and then realize it was caused due to forces not under my control lol. Just go!

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I never actually did have decent dental hygiene, or at least until I was 13, I think. No one really emphasized it a whole lot about it when I was younger.

Somehow I never did get a cavity, despite the crap I eat. Though I did get bleeding gums.

Damn you gingivitis.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I've never had a cavity either, but I have had one of my teeth filed.

That wasn't so bad.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I feel like I never have enough time to do all the things I want to do. I want to do a lot.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I feel like I never have enough time to do all the things I want to do. I want to do a lot.
I'd just like to point out that you're lucky to be busy with things that matter. I'd do anything within reasonable, and legal limits to have something meaningful to do with my life rather than worrying about what I'm going to do to keep a roof over my head. All I ever see you complain about are minor things, and for whatever reason it just kinda irks me.

Also something I'm not sure belongs here but I couldn't find anywhere else to ask:

I've had the following habits since I was an infant. I'm 21 now and still retain most of these habits: Nail biting, picking at scabs and pimples, worrying oral sores with my tongue, and the most common habit; chewing on my collar, headphone cords, and the end of gamecube/ps2 controllers. I haven't been able to find anything about fully grown men having these habits, just that kids get them either from nervousness or sexual tension and that it goes a way after a while. I've destroyed innumerable amounts of headphones, good shirts, and controllers from chewing on them throughout my lifetime.

I want to know if these habits are bad in any way outside of not being sociable, and how I can go about breaking these habits.

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I'd just like to point out that you're lucky to be busy with things that matter. I'd do anything within reasonable, and legal limits to have something meaningful to do with my life rather than worrying about what I'm going to do to keep a roof over my head. All I ever see you complain about are minor things, and for whatever reason it just kinda irks me.

**** you *******. I don't know where you come off telling me that what I'm complaining about are minor things. Did you ever consider that the things I'm trying to make time for aren't about me playing around and having fun? I'm actually addressing serious matters you dip****; making sure I graduate this semester, paying off my tuition, applying for grad school, finding a job, finding an apartment. I can't make enough time to do all these things since I'm taking 20 credits. You being a ******* irks me.

I just went back and quoted my last 3 complaints

So I need 2 more credits to graduate. I decided I wanna take a 2 credit independent study in my department. I spoke to one of the professors and she agreed to do an independent study, she already did all the paper work. Soon after another professor told me that he may have 2 credits worth of work for me, I made the mistake of agreeing to work this professor too quickly.

The truth is that the work she wants me to do is entirely unrelated to what I want to do in life(I'm graduating this semester) so I'd much rather do an independent study with someone else. But it so unbelievably rude to back out now. The professor who signed me up is like the sweetest person in the world and I'm afraid the entire department(at least my academic adviser and the department chair) will think a lot less of me and won't write as flattering letters of recommendations for me. I don't know what to do :(

I wish I had better life

I need to take 20 credits to graduate this semester. Since all the classes I would take are 3 credits, the school recommend I take an independent study in my department. One of my professors is teaching a very interesting course, but it's an advance course so I thought I'd take it as a 2 credit independent study instead. The professor is against this and wants me to take it as a full 3 credits. He does however say that he has an possible internship which I may be a good candidate for. However as of right now there is nothing is set in stone.

I may get that internship for 2 credits(I'm not sure if it'll even be possible to work that into my current schedule, and my professor may in fact let me take that course as 2 credits, but maybe none of that will happen. *sighs*
I am very concerned about not graduating, so the 2 credit independent study(which I need) is a big deal to me, and I was expressing that. Anything relating to graduation is a big deal. I wish idiots like you wouldn't post in this thread at all.

I think the I wish I had a better life comment speaks for itself. You don't know how bad my life is so don't tell me it's minor doofus.

I've had the following habits since I was an infant. I'm 21 now and still retain most of these habits: Nail biting, picking at scabs and pimples, worrying oral sores with my tongue, and the most common habit; chewing on my collar, headphone cords, and the end of gamecube/ps2 controllers. I haven't been able to find anything about fully grown men having these habits, just that kids get them either from nervousness or sexual tension and that it goes a way after a while. I've destroyed innumerable amounts of headphones, good shirts, and controllers from chewing on them throughout my lifetime.

I want to know if these habits are bad in any way outside of not being sociable, and how I can go about breaking these habits.
Lol, I can't believe this guy was criticizing me. So you bite your nails and lick your mouth? This is such a big deal :awesome:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Merkuri, you're not homeless and you're still in school. Your life is FINE. You will graduate without a hitch and go about your life like a normal person. I don't know where I'm going to be in the next 48 hours and I just spent the rest of the day throwing away 90% of my possessions because I can't carry them with me.

Your problems ARE minor, however I'm not criticizing you. I just figured that I'd point out that you're fortunate to be in the position that you are in and to appreciate it, and I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't criticize the fact that I couldn't find information about adults having oral fixations.

Before you try to complain about your life being bad, take this into perspective: I have always lived in poverty. I've never owned something new, and I've hardly ever had anything that could be considered nice. Everything I have ever owned, with the exception my severely out-dated laptop has been second hand. Things have never gone my way in life, and I don't expect them ever to. For every one nice thing that happens in my life, or every one thing that goes correctly, two or more things have to go wrong. It's a vicious cycle that you would never understand, since you've obviously never had to go through it.

Your problems are minuscule. I respect the fact that you have the right to complain, but maybe you should stop being a drama queen and realize how fortunate you are in comparison to those who don't know where they're going to be in the next two days.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Ruby, everyone is in this situation.

There is ALWAYS someone worse off than you. Even you and your housing situation. Doesn't mean it's wrong of people to complain. I think Merk should be more positive myself but I'm not gonna nag at him for posting too much in here.

Should you stop being a drama queen about facing homelessness (and having internet access) because there are millions of diseased and starving people in third world countries?

Grandeza

Smash Master
That's funny, I thought this thread was the "Unhappy" thread. Where you post things that make you unhappy. I guess I wandered into the, "I can post the biggest problem thread and no one else is allowed to post" thread.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
Soooooo my internet's slowing down. I'm guessing because its been 2 weeks since I updated the malware protection.

Which is also taking forever to scan. Sigh..I need a better computer.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Thats

freaking cold holy hell

I thought the minus 8 here was bad.

wait your in celsius
lolcanadian

stil cold as hell tho

feel better lythy

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Ruby, everyone is in this situation.

There is ALWAYS someone worse off than you. Even you and your housing situation. Doesn't mean it's wrong of people to complain. I think Merk should be more positive myself but I'm not gonna nag at him for posting too much in here.

Should you stop being a drama queen about facing homelessness (and having internet access) because there are millions of diseased and starving people in third world countries?
being homeless doesn't mean i can't get internet access LOL.

I have a laptop, NOT a desktop. I sold my PC back in 2008.

Smash Master
I think the point is that whenever someone faces a situation that is worse than the situation they had before, they are going to want to vent, whether they're going from modest poverty to homelessness, or going from a BMW to a Honda.

Surely you don't believe that homelessness is the mother of all possible catastrophes.

Sorry if I come across as insensitive btw.

Top Bottom