• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
My parents won't let me back to uni till the riots stop. I wanted to go early this year as well. Supposedly my area was on tv. :glare: As much of a ****hole that Whitechapel is, I really thought the people would be more resistant and guarded against random rioters.

They also burnt down my precious Greggs. Where will I buy my sandwiches and chocolate corn flakes now.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
What's wrong with hating parties, and the atmosphere that they exude? It's almost as if, because I don't "go out," that gives my parents reason to hate me more.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Wrongful shooting by police (which ended up in death).
Seeing as though our police don't carry guns, unless you produce one, if you get yourself into a position where you have armed police aiming at you then you must be doing something wrong.

Also that doesn't explain the riots in other cities. Or why the rioters are burning down homes and shops at random.

So I'm sticking with my Rage Virus theory.

:phone:

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Seeing as though our police don't carry guns, unless you produce one, if you get yourself into a position where you have armed police aiming at you then you must be doing something wrong.

Also that doesn't explain the riots in other cities. Or why the rioters are burning down homes and shops at random.

So I'm sticking with my Rage Virus theory.

Your police don't carry guns?
Where do you live?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well not necessarily, there are armed police patrols in London, much moreso since the July 2005 bombings.

Civil unrest, there's more than just that one incident. It's the straw that broke the camel's back. I mean you haven't exactly been happy with what the Tories have been doing, and a lot of others haven't either. Also police in my area today said rioters could be sweeping through my neighbourhood tonight. Should be a blast.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Can't multi-quote on my phone.

@Chris: UK police don't carry guns or anything, our crimes don't warrent it, even pepper spray or mace (it's the same thing?) is illegal in Britain so armed police would be overkill. Polls towards the public suggest no one wants the police to carry firearms anyway, batons are all they carry unless you produce a gun or dangerous weapon. We're a major country and an island, guns are hard to get here so our gun crime is almost non-exsistant.

@Teran You're the only person that I've seen that said armed police arein London, I've seen various things that contradict you, but you do live there, though do you have a reference?

Anyway it's not civil unrest really, that's just an excuse people like you and me try to put to it, haven't you noticed that the rioter haven't given a reason and are looting and burning private buinesses and homes that have nothing to do with the Tories? It's just thugs rioting for the hell of it.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
Well not necessarily, there are armed police patrols in London, much moreso since the July 2005 bombings.

Civil unrest, there's more than just that one incident. It's the straw that broke the camel's back. I mean you haven't exactly been happy with what the Tories have been doing, and a lot of others haven't either. Also police in my area today said rioters could be sweeping through my neighbourhood tonight. Should be a blast.
Oohh a super moderator!
I've never seen one before. I get good luck now.

BTW how is the Brawl scene in London?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
My avatar. She's some random girl from Seattle. I'm some random dude from Texas :cry:

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
So much for books about sex and video games. >_>

No companion cube 4 u.
I found this disburbing but funny at the same time.

Basically love sucks, too many commitments and obligations as well, want to have some free time while I'm still young before comitting to such things, I don't need a girl whose always going to feel insecure about what I'm doing, sorry if I offended any of the ladies here, but that has always happened to me, from my experience anyway.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That seems to be what a lot of guys say about women, but I'm sure it goes both ways. I do think that people commit to "love" WAAAAY too early, and end up miserable.

"You can always find someone better." That's what I believe. No reason to get married at 19.

But yeah, life sucks.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Lol love doesn't exist.
Yeah you say that now, but just wait until you're just minding your own business one day and then it happens to you.

Anyway, Reizilla, I know how you feel (although through a completely different situation) and I sympathize. =/ It sucks.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I found this disburbing but funny at the same time.

Basically love sucks, too many commitments and obligations as well, want to have some free time while I'm still young before comitting to such things, I don't need a girl whose always going to feel insecure about what I'm doing, sorry if I offended any of the ladies here, but that has always happened to me, from my experience anyway.

What you are describing isn't love, it's monogamy.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday and they've been fine until now. Now they hurt like a ***** and the pain killers aren't doing their job very well. :'(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yesterday i read about josef mengele, a nazi 'scientist' and his human experiments on twins. evil, evil stuff. really heart-wrenching to read

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want a yelp-like site where people who work in customer service can write reviews of customers.

I would spam that site with rage face all effing day.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
We read about Mengele when we were 10.

Kinda explains a lot.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
The potential for twins that I read about in books and manga and the like is very vast and interesting. Twins themselves are interesting phenomena. That being said, though, that kind of stuff is really disgusting.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
This has been the worst week of my life in quite a while. For once however I'm not going to feel defeated because of all this ****!.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So my mum avoids new technology like the plague. No matter how hard we try we can't convince her it's a good idea to have a mobile phone.

Anyway, defying all the norms, she bought at 40-inch HD TV today. Our old one is a fat bulky one, the TV's they don't make anymore I think, and is breaking down after years of use, but as soon as she lifted it out the car and set it in the lobby my sister somehow managed to break the oven with a bottle (of which I'm assuming was filled with lead and gold because the oven screen was shattered) so we had to carry the TV back into the car because we can't afford a TV and an oven.

The front door wasn't even closed. The TV must've been in the house for a whole 5 minutes.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Breaking an oven?

Wow how can a woman do that?

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Left Texas-vacation and such and now back in Arizona. I'm unhappy for the no more vacation and having-a-life-bit, but I'm happy cuz I really didn't like Texas, the humidity is dreadful. That's the only thing I am happy about with being back in AZ. Guess this is sorta just a meh.

Top Bottom