• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'm unhappy because I have to shave every few days. Never shave till you have to. It grows back darker and faster.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Ugh. I hate shaving. I just get it cut when I cut my hair...

Though I hate beards, too...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, if only beards and long hair were the in-thing, hm?

let's go back to the days of the beegees.... ahhh.... (falsetto would also be the in thing ♥)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Yeah, falsetto isn't bad. And I don't hate beards in general as much as I hate them on my face. Though, I would be very displeased if they were to become the in-thing.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha oh well. i have never really cared much for social preference

except when people make me dress up fancy and it's really uncomfortable ahhhh

i'll do it when i want!

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
haha oh well. i have never really cared much for social preference

except when people make me dress up fancy and it's really uncomfortable ahhhh

i'll do it when i want!
I don't care for "dressing up" either, but I will if I have to, I guess. Like, for a job. That's about it.

I have to shave every day
That sucks. But then again, you're probably really good at it, unlike me.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah. i mean, the way we present ourselves is very important in life. i just wish those kinds of clothes were a little more comfortable? especially in hot areas, gosh.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
haha yeah. i mean, the way we present ourselves is very important in life. i just wish those kinds of clothes were a little more comfortable? especially in hot areas, gosh.
Something that continues to annoy me about our culture as a whole is the importance we place on appearance. Sure, how we look is important, but it won't kill us if don't look our ultimate best EVERY DAY. I would like to let my hair grow for at least 2 months without being told to cut it...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, if you are really determined about that then just do it. growing your hair out is fine, as long as you take care of it. silky smooth, nice-smelling locks.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well, they're more like stupid, coarse curls than locks, and my parents don't like that. =\

But anytime I get the chance (like in college, far from home), I do.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha i was actually in dallas a few weeks ago. texas weather is just CRAZY.

but one thing i noticed was that most AC systems are ridiculously strong LOL. sometimes it can be too cold indoors.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I'm sitting in a computer lab right now, at a help desk, and my arms are covered in goosebumps. Just saying. And my right index finger twitches in cooler environments now...

That's really weird, how you can't have a beard in school. I mean...just odd...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
haha i was actually in dallas a few weeks ago. texas weather is just CRAZY.

but one thing i noticed was that most AC systems are ridiculously strong LOL. sometimes it can be too cold indoors.
Yea man, pretty much cold as ice inside, but then again it's always a good thing since you can always put on a light sweater or something, it feels good though considering are summers are long, cold air ain't coming anytime soon until mid December I'm afraid.

:phone:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
does it get REALLY cold in winter? cuz i know desert weather is extreme like that haha. idk though, not sure if houston/dallas and places like that are all desert. im probably wrong and just making an assumption about tx haha. i know nevada/az/newmex are all desert pretty much

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yeah i was about to say the same observation. this thread gets a lot more action

however i did learn one time that it's actually evolutionary instinct for us to remember the hard times much more than the good ones. it helps us remember what those situations were and want to avoid them. happy times can just go by and be left in the past easily.

it's not so much depressing if you can look at the bad times with a positive mindset. it's just difficult to do, but it's the only way to truly move forward. bad times make us grow way more than any happy time that's spoonfed to us. if we work for a good time THROUGH a bad time, it's so much more rewarding

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
haha yeah i was about to say the same observation. this thread gets a lot more action

however i did learn one time that it's actually evolutionary instinct for us to remember the hard times much more than the good ones. it helps us remember what those situations were and want to avoid them. happy times can just go by and be left in the past easily.

it's not so much depressing if you can look at the bad times with a positive mindset. it's just difficult to do, but it's the only way to truly move forward. bad times make us grow way more than any happy time that's spoonfed to us. if we work for a good time THROUGH a bad time, it's so much more rewarding
Yeah, we tend to learn a lot more from negative times, because they force us to reevaluate things. Or they should, rather. I think a lot of us (myself included) like to just whine about it, instead of learning, though. :(

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha well. it's that positive mindset that will make a true winner

whining is okay, i mean, as long as one is being honest. but a person has to get over a whining/complaining phase eventually, and just fight the adversity

"i am invincible as long as i'm alive" - john mayer
something i try to live by haha

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
It's certainly a lot more difficult to believe that then to just say, "All life is negative, and stinks." I suppose I have to try to be more optimistic (which is what people tell me =P ).

Takumaru

Smash Lord
I had my wisdom teeth taken out last Tuesday. All of my friends recovered in 2-3 days and everyone told me "oh, it's no big deal. You won't even notice it happened!". Here I am almost a week later and I still have lots of pain. The pain should have stopped a few days ago and the dentist says I DO NOT have dry sockets. The worst part is my body completely ignores every painkiller the doctor is wiling to prescribe. I haven't had more than a couple hours of sleep since Tuesday and my immune system is all jacked up. Oh, and whatever my body is doing to seal the holes tastes like ****, but at least irrigating them seems to reduce the taste. But the pain. Oh god, the pain.

I need a hug. :(

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
(hug)

My jazz professor always says "Why does music get soft? So it can get loud." I like to apply that to life in thinking that when life gets bad, it just makes the good times that much better and gives them more significance.

I also haven't cut my hair in almost 2 years. And I haven't shaved in 7.5 months. My facial hair doesn't grow fast because I always wait months in between, but my (top-of-head?) hair does grow pretty quickly so it has quite a bit of length. I've always liked long hair though.

Dressing up nice, I don't mind much because I have to do it quite a bit. It's just something that you get used to. I don't even find it uncomfortable any more.

Jasou

Smash Ace
hugs* i havent gotten my wisdom teeth removed yet, but it sounds like a painful process:(

so anyways i needed to return my last years japanese book and novel so i could then get my new textbooks this year, but when i come up to the bookkeeper after she helps someone else, she says "you'll have to come back tomarrow" and closes the window on me, so im sitting there thinking "but you just helped someone!", so now i cant do my math hw tonight:urg:(with my math being 0 period). this bookeeper has already caused my family to pay 100 $ for a new math textbook last year (when we made sure it was turned it). It's a bit frustrating when people dont do their job right and i really wanted to start off the year good.

but man i shouldn't be complaining over a measely hw assignment besides that, life is good. (and in turn you could say that it was my fault, because i couldn't turn in my books earlier cause i didn't know if my japanese textbook should be turned in)

OmegaXXII

does it get REALLY cold in winter? cuz i know desert weather is extreme like that haha. idk though, not sure if houston/dallas and places like that are all desert. im probably wrong and just making an assumption about tx haha. i know nevada/az/newmex are all desert pretty much
Actually it does, we mostly have the harshest cold weather around mid January, and I wouldn't necessarly call it desert like, just hot with lots of humidity, it's not as dry as say AZ I guess, but still it's good too have some sun since I can at least enjoy the outdoors rather than to stay inside all day.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
South Texas tho. We have like 6 days total of weather below 60 all Winter. It sucks :( Texas does have SOME desert, but not anywhere near the urban areas. It's all in the west.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Since I lost my phone I now have to spend an extra 40$. For the phone and to renew my service since the ******* who took it used up all my minutes.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
Update/Good news: I now know why my recovery has been so horrible. One of my teeth was near a nerve and it got bruised during surgery. So now I know why the painkillers don't work and I can take some comfort in knowing that I at least know why I'm having a rough time recovering.

OmegaXXII

Since I lost my phone I now have to spend an extra 40$. For the phone and to renew my service since the ******* who took it used up all my minutes.
Tell me about it, sadly this has happened to me alot of times, I always ended up getting a new expensive phone afterwards, man what is wrong with me?:urg:

@Taku: Good to see that you solved the your pain problem, hopefully it will ease up completly. :)

Jasou

Smash Ace
Update/Good news: I now know why my recovery has been so horrible. One of my teeth was near a nerve and it got bruised during surgery. So now I know why the painkillers don't work and I can take some comfort in knowing that I at least know why I'm having a rough time recovering.
yea it's always annoying when something is wrong with ya and you can't figure it out:(

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
@Takumaru: I hope I never have to get my wisdom teeth pulled out. But I probably will. But at least you what the problem is now.

@Strife: That sucks. I just recently lost my phone (well, it died on me for good), and I've been postponing getting a new one, because I like not being accessible. But I do hope that you can resolve this. Not being able to contact people is inconvenient and dumb.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Tell me about it, sadly this has happened to me alot of times, I always ended up getting a new expensive phone afterwards, man what is wrong with me?:urg:
Well all we really can do is learn from it.

I just heard back from one of the places I interviewed with. I probably won't be getting the job. I'm not surprised though, I kinda botched the interview. Oh well...I'm putting a revised resume online tonight and trying again.

Smash Master
Moving out of state to finally be on my own. I'm excited, but I'm also incredibly nervous and a wee bit stressed. Lots of stuff to arrange. I don't know anyone in the area.

Top Bottom