• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Unhappy Thread

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I'm upset that I've worked my jobs for two years, and now that I am about to be ineligible to continue working I keep finding myself going to my supervisor asking her how exactly I should o my job. I asked these questions a year ago so I could have done my job better in the past. However in my defense more people seem to be using the lab(I'm a lab assistant) now than before, so I guess it makes sense that I keep experiencing new problems with lab users.

I just wanted to let someone know how I felt. I feel disappointing in myself and I fee like my supervisor will be disappointed in me too. She'll may even write me a less flattering letter of recommendation because of it.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
One of my best friends that I'm taking to prom wants me to do a favor for her on prom night that I don't really feel comfortable doing. She's been waiting for this kind of opportunity for a long time and apparently after prom is the only time she'll be able to do this "thing" so she's depending on me to be able to help her.

It makes me really irritated in a lot of ways. Hopefully something comes up before prom to cancel her "plans". I hope so.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Wow Air, get some :troll:

I'm just kidding. Wanna elaborate on this "thing" she's talking of?

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I.... can't. :p
It's not bad for this site or anything, it's just illegal and I'll leave it at that. ;)

The whole situation is just irritating to me lol. I don't want to tell her off because she'll get mad. Hopefully I can slowly change her mind here and there.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Well if it is illegal, I'd rather have someone mad at me than in jail. :p

Edit: LOL oh my gosh. Friday Friday!

camerino1

Smash Lord
IT'S FRYDAY, FRYDAY, EVERYBODY GET DOWN ON FRYDAY :p, anyway.... I'm being killed by my physics class because its stupid tough and I came into the class 2 weeks late and it's finally caught up.

My friend the "negative one" got someone before me and is holding it against me, so I wanna tell her off, but at the same time I don't. She keeps bragging about how much she is having with him... I want a guy that I can brag about too :p. Anyway, things just aren't very fun and I can't wait for the weekend

camerino1

Smash Lord
I say we have more theme days like that, that was so cool! :p (On a side note, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! being 17 feels the same as 16 so far...)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I say we have more theme days like that, that was so cool! :p (On a side note, IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!! being 17 feels the same as 16 so far...)
Tbh that's good.

It's better than feeling older. :urg:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Technicalities are for lawyers. :denzel:

camerino1

Smash Lord
My birthday was pretty fun today, I created the black hole for the first time on melee. A lot of family came out, I had 3 friends over, and I had my grandma's home-made cheesecake. Last year I waited outside all day for 5 family members to show up, and didn't even get a tan as proof :p (so much better, so I'm to happy for the unhappy thread :p.) (Thanks everybody!!!)

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
My birthday was pretty fun today, I created the black hole for the first time on melee. A lot of family came out, I had 3 friends over, and I had my grandma's home-made cheesecake. Last year I waited outside all day for 5 family members to show up, and didn't even get a tan as proof :p (so much better, so I'm to happy for the unhappy thread :p.) (Thanks everybody!!!)
Congratulations, you are one year closer to "The Great Equalizer"... >:3

Hey, this is "The Unhappy Thread" after all, so I gotta make it as unhappy as possible. XD

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Why do so much movies about time travel just completely break their rules? What's that Denzel Washington? You want to go back in time to find out who murdered that girl and solve a crime? What's that you want to stop it from happening now? That wont work it already happened, and everything you do to try and stop it already happened so it's pointless. Oh wait, it randomly worked at the last second, thanks for completely breaking your rules, movie.

Every time travel movie does this, except for Timecrimes and Terminator 1, and it just annoys the hell out of me.

/geekrant.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I was going to write about how New York actually doesn't get it that bad in disaster movies compared to the state that the rest of the world ends up in, but then I remembered that OH **** IT'S MOTHERS DAY AND I HAVEN'T GOT A PRESENT!!

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Thank you for reminding me omg **** **** ****

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Why do so much movies about time travel just completely break their rules? What's that Denzel Washington? You want to go back in time to find out who murdered that girl and solve a crime? What's that you want to stop it from happening now? That wont work it already happened, and everything you do to try and stop it already happened so it's pointless. Oh wait, it randomly worked at the last second, thanks for completely breaking your rules, movie.

Every time travel movie does this, except for Timecrimes and Terminator 1, and it just annoys the hell out of me.

/geekrant.
Don't forget the movie, "The Time Machine". :3

I was going to write about how New York actually doesn't get it that bad in disaster movies compared to the state that the rest of the world ends up in, but then I remembered that OH **** IT'S MOTHERS DAY AND I HAVEN'T GOT A PRESENT!!
Oh my! I've completely forgotten! I gotta get something for my grandmother. O:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Job Corps finally called me in for another interview but it didn't go well. They asked me about my medical history since I mentioned in the previous interview that I had been diagnosed in 2004 with Panic Disorder, OCD, and Depression. I had explained that I had been prescribed Lexapro and two PRN anxiety meds to deal with panic, and that it was only REALLY debilitating due to the fact that one of the meds had a tranquilizing side effect. About 15~30 minutes after taking it, I would fall asleep, and usually had to be sent home from school, and that I also went through two years of counseling and that I had basically been cured of my panic/ocd/depression due to proper medication and counseling, and had been clean for the past 5 years.

I then briefly explained that I do occasionally have minor panic attacks periodically throughout the year, but that they're inconsiquencial, and that I've been coached on how to effectively deal with them without medication, and which over the counter medications I can take to aid in dealing with the panic. I explained that once every 3+ months I get about a 5~10 minute panic attack, but that again, they're minor and easy to deal with. My heart and thoughts begin to race for a short period of time, and breathing exercises, and a light meal is generally all that is required to beat it.

Well, even though I explained in EXTENSIVE detail what I go through, and my methoods of coping, and that what I go through is a minor inconvenience and would have absolutely no effect on schooling and working, they still took it too seriously. They explained that the technical school is a stressful environment and they don't want me to have a debilitating panic attack in the midst of schooling and have to withdraw, and that I have to go through CPSA. I tried to argue that they were blowing my case drastically out of proportion and that I REALLY need to start ASAP. I even added as a footnote that I could have moved in as soon as the interview ended, and got to work immediately and been 100% functional, but they still decided to decline me until a shrink tells them that I'm mentally stable, despite being stable since ****ing 2006!

So I've got another month or so until I get accepted. I have to wait for CPSA's associate office to call me and schedule an intake appointment. I then have to hope that the doctor isn't some corporate sponsored hackjob, or a pretentious fresh college graduate who will misdiagnose me due to some bull**** theorycrafting instead of looking at whats really happening. I've dealt with over a decade of misdiagnosis, so I'm especially worried right now that this process is going to take much longer than me explaining the situation, and getting the shrink to explain to Job Corps that I'm ****ing sane.

Top Bottom